Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: You Must read this post from Jamboards
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/19/2020 11:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/19/2020 11:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

nyc-the-reality

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 04/19/2020 11:58 AM

scombrid

Friend of mine runs a trauma unit up there. Same story. And this
I've seen 50 y-old " healthy" guys walking in the hospital in the morning, got intubated, coded a couple times, and by 6 pm they are in a plastic bag. Fulminant .

04/19/2020 12:01 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

And yet: donnie's little dinghy will vote for him.
It's a hoax.......

It's a democratic hoax
 04/19/2020 12:59 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Puts a lump in my throat. I hope he makes it out alive.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/19/2020 02:31 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

LET'S OPEN UP AMERICA AGAIN!

4/19/2020:

Hi Guys
Is been a terrible week. I arrived last week to give an extra hand to these guys.
And is being a hell of a week. I think I landed at the peak of the death, like 1000 to 1200 per day in NY state. It was horrendous.
I am working in a Manhattan Hospital, and despite this guys were completely prepared, this thing is impossible to handle. Thankfully things are looking a little better today.
But the first nights we were handling things and juggling like a circus performer.
In situations like this all your parameters change, all thresholds move. You have to .
No more wasting time. You have X amount of resources, so be smart and use them wisely.
Trench medicine. Which I love it. Triage them, evaluate what really needs to be done, do it, and keep moving.
And since I am face to face with IT ( I am working in ICU) all folks are super sick, and 95% of them we have to intubate them and put them on the vent.
Nothing else matters. Endotracheal tube, and ventilator. The rest, it can be fixed with time.
With cloroquine or without it, with retrovirals or without it, nothing matters.
I feel sometime that we are just whitnessing an unfair fight between a host and a bad-ass killer. And we team up and root for the host, and keep giving him tools and weapons to defend himself, but the nature of the beast is terrible.
I DO fear this motherfucker, and there is not many things I fear. But this one, as a fighter, I respect.
The contrast you see on the streets with people walking their chihuahuas, and going for a walk or a jog, and then the sad and cruel image I see inside the ICU, is surreal.
Whenever a patient gets extubated r sent home, they play a loud song all over the speakers all over the hospital. ( it was Don't stop believing , I think is Journey), so it boos the moral of everyone around. So for the first 4 days and night it was completely silent. But Thursday and Friday for the first time it was playing many times.
I want to put a special note to all other doctors, nurses, PAs, NP and the rest of personal, who felt the call and jumped in to help.
It is with great pleasure to see doctors in many fields, pediatricians, GI docs, OB Gyn docs, that they would have zero business in how to deal with this, to come join us at ICU to help in whatever needs to be done. And we are pulling together. It is amazing how they do even the most basic work with pride and zero complains. They came from all over the country. Taking PTO and more , because when they go back, they will have to do 2 weeks of quarantine.
My wife and kids are still at the house in CT. I came alone .
I got my bike with me, so is convenient to pedal to the hospital. No traffic at all. Empty streets. Times Square empty. Crazy views of the city.
Do we get sick?
I hope not, but we do. You hear here and there, Hey, remember so and so?
well, he got it.
I work with younger residents, and one of them got it, just some fever, chills, muscle akes, and thats it.
but forget about him. I've seen 50 y-old " healthy" guys walking in the hospital in the morning, got intubated, coded a couple times, and by 6 pm they are in a plastic bag. Fulminant .
And we have 80 y -old ladies on the vent for 2 weeks and they are still giving a hell of a fight.
We don't know who is going to get the mild disease or who will go down fast and furious. There is so many thing we don't know. And in a few years all this will be seen as ignorance. But things happens like that in medicine. It takes time to learn, develop new medicines, vaccines an even experiment new treatments. So far, we are plugging holes in a tiny boat who took many hit from a 20 mm cannon.
Anyway, I wanted to share this with you guys, also to emphasize that you MUST stay home. I know it sucks, real bad, is boring and we are built to be out. BUt so far there is NOTHING you can do to fight this at a fair level. Just avoid getting it. Test or o test, who cares about it when the guy dying in front of you needs a tube and a vent. Tests are ok to tell the numbers
and to make a projection of your plans. But at my level, who cares.
Avoid human contact and your test is always gonna be negative.

Surf?
Fuck yeah.
Stay away from people. Use the mask everywhere. Go park far away, paddle, surf, get out. Same deal. Mask and go home.
Guys walking their dogs in public and jogging are much more exposed that us alone in the water.
But look what happened in Florida, they opened the beaches and a flock of retards invaded the beaches like a parade of idiots partying at the beach. That is bad.

Only get out to get what you really need, which is medicines, food, and booze. The rest, it can wait.
And if you are , lets say , around 70, don't fucking go out at all. We were having trouble to keep my dad inside his apartment ( genetics!!). But we manage to bring him food and supplies through the balcony. Or my sisters leave the bags at the entrance of the building.

And pray for the guys who are sick, and giving a hell of a fight. Those are the ones in need.
We are just doing our thing.

I added here some pics to entertain this story. One of them is the door that leads to ICU/ MICU, etc. Behind that is where hell is.

stay safe, this hit will pass!!!
Sebastian
S

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 04/19/2020 03:48 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Today, every opening along the causeways was completely jammed, along with every shoal island. Their mighty messiah tells them to throw off tyranny and assert their right to freely infect and inoculate each other at will.
They ignore the dire warnings of vastly experienced doctors, scientists, and epidemiologists. And listen to a lying failure of a fat boy.
That most readily admit is someone they wouldn't buy a used car from, or trust with their kids.
All ground gained in the last month of social distance and quarantine measures is now out the window.......duuuhhhhh
This epidemic doesn't respect any ideology of partisan rules y'all. The real fun will begin in a couple of weeks.
Social darwinism at its dumbest

It's a democratic hoax
 04/19/2020 05:13 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Dotards are trying to move the narrative. End of the day, the whole point is not deaths, although we now have far more than we should thanks to dotard donnie, it's a little about that but it's mostly about stretching the healthcare system past its capacity - which leads to more death than otherwise would occur.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 04/20/2020 04:34 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Dr Oz says, " Come on old people, only 30,000 of you are going to die."

What a dick.

I was right.
 04/20/2020 05:17 AM

scombrid

A friend of mine out in Texas is arguing that most of the people that are dying were statistically likely to have died soon anyway and that most of the deaths are being mis-classified as Corona because the people would have died from their other ailments anyway. The thing is, he has to ignore or dismiss our other friends that work in trauma units or ERs that are up to their eyeballs in respiratory failure. He says it is all "media hype" and fake news by NWO liberals that are seeing how far they can push their total control. But he knows people personally that are giving first hand accounts of what is going on in medical facilities and yet he clings to his belief.

04/20/2020 05:38 AM

dingpatch

An addition from Tenfooter, , , ,:

"Crazy
Everyone back on the streets And no Fucking masks
Anyway
I will see them
At the ICU
In a much different shape"

Dora Hates You
 04/20/2020 07:04 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

My cousin in NY is a cardiologist. Is part of a private practice, but also affliated with a prominent west Nassau hospital. 2 weeks ago I sent him a text on friday night to check on him. "U good? Stressed Im sure"... "It's crazy man. War zone. Literal warzone"..... "F*k sorry man. Really as bad as the show on tv (I really havent been watching much, been trying to work as a much as possible while I can)"..... "Much worse than on TV!".... "Well stay healthy and SANE!.... give my regards to the fam and tell JR to do those exercises I showed him so he'll be prime for football season!" ..... "Haha, I will.... when I see them. I've been working in ICU this week, and staying in a hotel"
 04/20/2020 06:31 PM

dingpatch

UPDATE from Tenfooter:

Hey Guys
Thank you so much for all the kind words and support
People here are really nice and bring food everyday
I can feel the spirit and solidarity of New Yorkers
When you say NY strong, it Is not a joke
Is a reality and I am blessed and proud to help them.
Gladly I see a small decline in the severity of this crap. In the sense
that is not the mayhem I saw ten days ago. We are kind of fixing and dealing with all the complications of the guys who survived, and now are chronically fighting it. I never seen things like that. I don't want to go into technical scary details, but this motherfucker can bring on the game things that are so rare, and lethal as well. But here we are to deal with them.
I see we are kind of going into a plateau, with not so many new cases, which is good.
But sadly, as I was following nations trend, yesterday all hell went loose.
I went to Central Park and witnessed a convention of massive proportions of retards gathering, picnics, jogging, biking, etc. And 60 % of them with NO MASK.
I was having the feeling that people were already tired of quarantine, but that crap was so wrong. I understand you get bored, you wanna go out, socialize, etc.
Well, then deal with the consequences, which may include getting the virus, passing it into your loved ones, getting intubated, end up in ICU, tracheostomy, Dialysis, stroke, Heart failure, or even worst; surviving and dealing with the loss of a loved one that you infected.

yes, the whole deal sucks, but until there's a cure, stay the fuck inside and away from people.
Look at those idiots going en masse to the Florida beaches, WTF are they thinking?

As far as treatment, someone asked me about avoiding intubation and getting in the prone position. If you can, You will do both. But sadly, I am dealing with the sickest of the sickest in ICU. I am also in a team who goes to the floor to evaluate the guys who get decompensated, and I try my best not to intubate them and bring them to ICU, they been fighting it bravely for weeks, and If I can avoid it, I ll do it. But some others have no choice.
Proning is really good, helps a lot in improving oxygenation. Not easy to do, but we do it all the time.

Anyway, lets hope this will pass, and the second wave will be nicer, but there will be one. Be prepared.
For the ones who offer beer, thank you so much. Is a temptation to me to say, just send good IPA. But for now, lets use in a better moment. As a gathering of all of US to celebrate this shit is gone.

Be safe

Sebastian

Dora Hates You
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .