Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The right has a problem with the truth.
Topic Summary: And now they have a problem with social media.
Created On: 05/13/2020 04:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/13/2020 04:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

http://www.politico.com/news/2...ation-crackdown-249771

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/13/2020 04:21 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

"The right has a problem with the truth."

Ya think? Some people here still think Obama's birth certificate is fraudulent. LOL

Edited: 05/13/2020 at 04:22 PM by HAPDigital
 05/14/2020 07:28 AM

johnnyboy

The Right is now even more unhappy with Fauci. He just can't be made to sugar coat the reopening or downplay the deathtoll.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/14/2020 07:31 AM

Cole

And the removal of videos that go against policy is a Liberal conspiracy.

I was right.
 05/14/2020 07:42 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Friend of mine that lives over in Pasco has repeatedly posted links to 'Plandemic' and videos of those Doc-In-A-Box guys and their pseudoscientific crap as has another friend in Jacksonville that happens to be a 'Doctor' of Chiropractic. Irony of Irony, they are now circulating a meme that quotes Carl Sagan out of Demon Haunted World. Their entire worldview is built around pseudoscience and they are quoting Carl Sagan lamenting the lack of facts and science in policy making. I can 'unfriend' them on social media but I sadly do know and interact with them in the real world too. I didn't realize how fucked up they were until the last couple of weeks when they started spamming their email contacts with bullshit from Infowars, Epochtimes, Globalresearch.ca, FOX, RT, etc... One of them even spammed my work email.

05/14/2020 07:43 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

And the removal of videos that go against policy is a Liberal conspiracy.

No it's a liberal FACT!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 05/14/2020 07:48 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: scombrid

Friend of mine that lives over in Pasco has repeatedly posted links to 'Plandemic' and videos of those Doc-In-A-Box guys and their pseudoscientific crap as has another friend in Jacksonville that happens to be a 'Doctor' of Chiropractic. Irony of Irony, they are now circulating a meme that quotes Carl Sagan out of Demon Haunted World. Their entire worldview is built around pseudoscience and they are quoting Carl Sagan lamenting the lack of facts and science in policy making. I can 'unfriend' them on social media but I sadly do know and interact with them in the real world too. I didn't realize how fucked up they were until the last couple of weeks when they started spamming their email contacts with bullshit from Infowars, Epochtimes, Globalresearch.ca, FOX, RT, etc... One of them even spammed my work email.

Is it a mental illness?

But on the flip side of the coin, I have some country friends who are over the lunacy from Trump. They liked his anti DC approach in the beginning, but the tariffs and bullshit have worn them down.

I was right.
 05/14/2020 07:54 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

This is the passage they are quoting
Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.
They don't see the irony at all. They are the dupes sitting around acting on what feels good and clutching at their guns and religion and assorted woo (especially the 'Dr.' of Chriopractic who happens to sell 'immune boosting' formulas). They have no clue what side of that equation they fill while they live in their comfortable bubble and believe crackpots like Mikovits and Mercola. They don't understand either that this wasn't Sagan arguing that we needed to bring the manufacturing jobs back. This was Sagan arguing that people needed education to navigate the coming technological world so that they could knowledgeably question those in authority instead of posing with their guns in the capital building and butchering science with ill-informed ideas of herd immunity and wrong claims about population level infection rates and case fatality rates. We have failed and we are going into the dark ages.

05/14/2020 07:57 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

I haven't read through all this but I thought I would share that Brevard County is currently tied for the 2nd least Coronavirus deaths in all Florida counties.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 05/14/2020 08:00 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: Sniper

I haven't read through all this but I thought I would share that Brevard County is currently tied for the 2nd least Coronavirus deaths in all Florida counties.

Yeah, you think? DeSantis has been blocking the actual coroner reports.
 05/14/2020 08:08 AM

johnnyboy

I have a family member that was all in with Trump then and now, in light of all of revelations and failures. She cant bring herself to reconsider. She has allowed herself to criticize Trump with the uncharacteristically generous understanding that all politicians lie and I'm not discussing politics now or anymore. It avoids having to address any failures or accountability under the pretense that politics is off limits as a third rail. She still gets all of her influence, I mean "news" from a station creates op-ed pieces and then reports on them as news. She hasn't addressed Trump and his cult and she will not now that she can opt out and hate all politicians and say they are all the same corrupt asses. Its a dodge. She is not going to judge Trump unfavorably after putting that bumper sticker on their car and leaving it there for the past three years. She didn't learn anything new, she hasn't made any progress in her understanding and she is definitely now wrong. She's even a bit smug about her new neutrality.

05/14/2020 08:32 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

I have a family member that was all in with Trump then and now, in light of all of revelations and failures. She cant bring herself to reconsider. She has allowed herself to criticize Trump with the uncharacteristically generous understanding that all politicians lie and I'm not discussing politics now or anymore. It avoids having to address any failures or accountability under the pretense that politics is off limits as a third rail. She still gets all of her influence, I mean "news" from a station creates op-ed pieces and then reports on them as news. She hasn't addressed Trump and his cult and she will not now that she can opt out and hate all politicians and say they are all the same corrupt asses. Its a dodge. She is not going to judge Trump unfavorably after putting that bumper sticker on their car and leaving it there for the past three years. She didn't learn anything new, she hasn't made any progress in her understanding and she is definitely now wrong. She's even a bit smug about her new neutrality.

LOL! Sounds like you beat her down pretty good. Are you sure she just isn't tired about trying to discuss these things with you? People like your family member are why the polls don't mean much anymore.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 05/14/2020 09:05 AM

johnnyboy

I don't know how your family operates but we dont beat eachoter down, yell or shout.

05/14/2020 09:35 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Yeah, you think? DeSantis has been blocking the actual coroner reports.

Somebody needs to lay off the crack pipe!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 05/14/2020 09:41 AM

chopola

Joined Forum: 09/04/2004

]

LOL! Sounds like you beat her down pretty good. Are you sure she just isn't tired about trying to discuss these things with you? People like your family member are why the polls don't mean much anymore.

Exactly. Liberals don't even realize they are bullies. I say manage your own lives, and stay out of mine.
 05/14/2020 10:30 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Originally posted by: chopola

Exactly. Liberals don't even realize they are bullies. I say manage your own lives, and stay out of mine.

LOL. Sure, until it comes to women's bodies, and their choices. I'm sure you want them to stay out of YOUR life...

SMDH...

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 05/14/2020 10:52 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Originally posted by: chopola

WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH you're bullies!

Coming from a guy who worships the world's biggest bully..

Cry me a river LOL

When America was "great"
 05/14/2020 11:11 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

People's giant egos cannot allow them to be wrong. It's really nothing more than that.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 05/14/2020 12:52 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

You can smell fear in Trumpworld. It's not power, it's panic.
-Trump deteriorating badly from dementia
-He can't describe the scandal they made up
-Stupid comments a/b opening schools
-Low poll # s
-Ops like releasing Flynn or attacking Obama are hitting a brick wall
-85k dead

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 05/14/2020 02:42 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: jdbman You can smell fear in Trumpworld. It's not power, it's panic. -Trump deteriorating badly from dementia -He can't describe the scandal they made up -Stupid comments a/b opening schools -Low poll # s -Ops like releasing Flynn or attacking Obama are hitting a brick wall -85k dead
We're not the ones hiding under our beds.

I :heart; Q
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .