Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Lawyers of the country!
Topic Summary: Unite!
Created On: 05/15/2020 06:08 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/15/2020 12:28 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

I'm thinking Covid 19 is a bonanza for you TORT attorneys. Talk about wrong full death. Pain and suffering. Blood suckers should be lining up outside of hospitals.

-------------------------
So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 05/15/2020 01:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Originally posted by: chopola

Pushing the "we don't want to go back to work" narrative, are the lazy, "I want more for nothing" crowd. Guess what side of the political spectrum they fall on?

The state of Kentucky?

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 05/15/2020 02:18 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: dab
Originally posted by: tpapablo Losing cases for the most part, I'd think. But it shows the worst of lawyers. A lot needs to be fixed. But it won't be because trial lawyers are the biggest donor to Dems. So Dems pass laws that print money for them. Another reason to not vote for them.
I think this link will show that it is evenly spread between the two parties. Campaign contributions by industry
No, not even close. Trial lawyers give almost exclusively to dems. Note that there is a difference between lawyers and trial lawyers.

I :heart; Q
 05/15/2020 02:56 PM

426Blue

Joined Forum: 11/18/2007

Total waste of time too. Likely worthless judgments, even if successful, given that most restaurants not exactly flush with cash or assets, and insurance typically contains exclusions for events such as a pandemic.
 06/28/2020 03:08 PM

426Blue

Joined Forum: 11/18/2007

I previously criticized this post's proposal. With new developments, I think there's huge liability on the part of businesses big and small identified as sources of spread. 2nd time around - this heightened outbreak was totally foreseeable, and big and businesses conducive to causing spread ignored health professionals, instead latching onto know nothing politicians, making unsound decisions, worried about their reelections. Sure personal responsibility exists, but the businesses are far better equipped to manage the risks, and shifting the burden of managing that risk to the individual customer, may not fly at this point- in my opinion. State and local politicians have just created a cottage industry of litigation that will last for years to come, as more people become ill, die, or realize the long term of effects of this disease, because it was all 100% foreseeable and preventable.
 06/29/2020 06:09 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Speaking of lawyers....

Law Firm Hackers Claim to Have Dirt on Donald Trump, Up Data Ransom to $42M

Looks to be an October surprise?

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 06/29/2020 06:18 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: Pagerow

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Speaking of lawyers....

Law Firm Hackers Claim to Have Dirt on Donald Trump, Up Data Ransom to $42M

Looks to be an October surprise?

If that was "updated" on 5/15 then what happened?

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 06/29/2020 06:25 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

All businesses need to be like Costco. Required face masks, disinfected carts, distanced registers and limited capacity. I think inflicting lawyers on businesses sounds bad, but of people dying from a pandemic doesn't work and the threat of being sued does, I'm for it. The GOP doesn't see people dying as the problem, they see the economy as the problem. This is a strategy that seeks money. It speaks the only language they know or care about. What else is there to make change and stop stupid people from stupidly refusing to wear a mask, coughing and sneezing on a daily freedom tour that they believe makes them courageous?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

07/08/2020 07:26 AM

johnnyboy

I saw this coming.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry...aboola_iframe_mw_life

Force you to go to work. No ability to force a safe workplace, no healthcare or benefits and if you get sick, you can't sue them for the unsafe environment they forced you to work in.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

07/08/2020 07:50 AM

dab

Joined Forum: 08/08/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

I saw this coming.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry..._iframe_mw_life

Force you to go to work. No ability to force a safe workplace, no healthcare or benefits and if you get sick, you can't sue them for the unsafe environment they forced you to work in.

Along with this assault on labor, OSHA is not Currently inspecting it is allowing self inspection and reporting. No safety violation claims can be made without an OSHA inspector making an onsite report. The Catch 22 is classic!

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

07/08/2020 08:04 AM

RustyTruck

Good time for a general strike.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 07/08/2020 11:07 AM

dab

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Good time for a general strike.

Unfortunately it appears that the AFLO-CIO have become bedfellows with the NeoLiberals. They probably won't support a general strike. But, they have no control over a wildcat strike. A stay at home strike would cut the legs off of the virus while sucking the wind out of the reptilian lungs.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

07/08/2020 11:09 AM

RustyTruck

AFL sold out a long time ago.

07/08/2020 11:18 AM

dab

AFL sold out a long time ago.

Yes, but the organization had a period of enlightenment even though it began as a white male only organization.

07/08/2020 12:00 PM

RustyTruck

I'll stick with the IWW.

07/08/2020 12:56 PM

dab

I'll stick with the IWW.
WildCat Strikes Begin.

Edited: 07/08/2020 at 12:58 PM by dab
 07/08/2020 01:29 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck I'll stick with the IWW.
WildCat Strikes Begin.
Sounds like a blast. Nothing better than stomping around with a crowd during a pandemic in Florida's summer heat and humidity on black top. Unfortunately, I am scheduled to be cooling my heels in air conditioned comfort on that day. Please give the Wobblies my regards.

I :heart; Q
 07/08/2020 01:33 PM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

I'll stick with the IWW.
WildCat Strikes Begin.

Please give the Wobblies my regards.

Will do.

07/08/2020 04:01 PM

johnnyboy

Stomp around during a pandemic? From the guy who accused others of hiding under their beds? No appreciation for the double standard.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Lawyers of the country!

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .