Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Minneapolis could get a lot worse, , , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/01/2020 05:13 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/01/2020 05:13 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Given that: George Floyd autopsy shows no signs of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation, attributes death to 'being restrained, his underlying health conditions, and any potential intoxicants in his system'.

The family is having its own autopsy performed, but, , , ,.

So, and as such, it is looking to be a good bet that the "murder" charges may have to be dropped. Did he have any "underlying health conditions" and just as importantly, were there any "potential intoxicants" in his system?

Lock, load, and then get the popcorn going, , , , ,

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 06/01/2020 05:18 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

April 26th 1992...There was a riot in the streets ... tell me where were you..
 06/01/2020 05:19 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

His death was the direct result of the actions of police, and we saw it. Hey, I'm not choking you, I'm restraining your airway.

I also hear Jesus died of being nailed to the cross and hypertension.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/01/2020 05:22 AM

dingpatch

The defendants in the Rodney trial were acquitted.

The Minneapolis cops may not even go to trial !!

Dora Hates You
 06/01/2020 05:26 AM

dingpatch

He was being "restrained" for one-reason-or-the-other. The method of restraint may be questionable but, without "traumatic asphyxia or strangulation", any "murder" charge is questionable.

Dora Hates You
 06/01/2020 05:33 AM

RustyTruck

We saw what happened. He was no threat to the police, he said he was in distress, they ignored his pleas and let him die.

Be that as it may, I don't think very many people have any confident at all in the "justice system" where there are two systems, one for the wealthy/white, and another for the poor/minority.
"Intoxicants in his system", please. Did they drug screen the cops who murdered him?

But let them acquit the cops and see what happens in the street.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

06/01/2020 05:40 AM

dingpatch

Prosecutors warn there is 'evidence that does not support criminal charge' in case of four cops accused of killing George Floyd

Mike Freeman, county attorney for Hennepin County, condemned the actions of white cop Derek Chauvin as 'horrific and terrible'

But he added there was 'other evidence that does not support a criminal charge'

Prosecutors must decide if the cop used force deemed 'excessive' when he knelt on George Floyd's neck for eight minutes until he passed out and later died

Freeman warned the investigation 'can't be rushed'

He voiced fears of a repeat of the Freddie Gray case in Baltimore in 2015 where all charges were dropped against cops involved in the black man's death

Outrage is building as still no arrests have been made over Floyd's death with protests entering their third day in Minneapolis

The four Minneapolis officers involved in the arrest of Floyd were fired Tuesday

Dora Hates You
 06/01/2020 05:44 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

So, what is everyone protesting again? Is the cop that did this walking around free or something? What did I miss?

I haven't heard a single person say they thought the cop was right for doing what he did.

We have over 800,000 cops in the U.S. There are bound to be some bad ones out there. Who would want that job?

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 06/01/2020 06:09 AM

RustyTruck

Well, you could go ask them, but I'd say it could be related to the fact that this guy had something like 18 complaints against him already for brutality, and had been involved with a half dozen killings.

A system where he was still on the street, armed and acting as an agent of state violence proves the system has failed.

Abolish the police. Almost all "crime" is caused by wealth inequality and insecurity of food, housing, and healthcare.

06/01/2020 06:21 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: RustyTruck
Abolish the police. Almost all "crime" is caused by wealth inequality and insecurity of food, housing, and healthcare.

No. Without law enforcement there would be anarchy. What needs to happen is full transparency and accountability across the board. Statements like 'abolish the police' is something I would expect to come from a naive 20 something or teen, not an old ass man like yourself.

06/01/2020 06:38 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

It's hard to be worse because it's Minneapolis. Every time I hear that city's name I think of this.

06/01/2020 06:42 AM

wbsponger

Joined Forum: 08/04/2003

Yes I say very unlikely he is convicted of anything other than a civil rights violation. Look up "qualified immunity" as it relates to police action. This concept, police unions and officers protecting bad actors, and a criminal justice system with perverse incentives is what people are protesting. Few of the protesters know that, though they feel the affects of these institutions aligned against them. Unfortunately meaningful change is slow, boring, and hard. Interestingly the establishment is starting to feel the effects of what comes to fruit when you make these kinds of changes nearly impossible, people just say fuck the system.
 06/01/2020 06:45 AM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches

It's hard to be worse because it's Minneapolis. Every time I hear that city's name I think of this.

LOL, I have that on vinyl
 06/01/2020 06:45 AM

SlimyBritches

Originally posted by: wbsponger

Yes I say very unlikely he is convicted of anything other than a civil rights violation. Look up "qualified immunity" as it relates to police action. This concept, police unions and officers protecting bad actors, and a criminal justice system with perverse incentives is what people are protesting. Few of the protesters know that, though they feel the affects of these institutions aligned against them. Unfortunately meaningful change is slow, boring, and hard. Interestingly the establishment is starting to feel the effects of what comes to fruit when you make these kinds of changes nearly impossible, people just say fuck the system.

I did already.

http://www.2ndlight.com/fuseta...d=196361&enterthread=y
 06/01/2020 06:46 AM

SlimyBritches

Originally posted by: CurtisEflush

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches

LOL, I have that on vinyl

Great name, Curt.
 06/01/2020 06:49 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

No. Without law enforcement there would be anarchy. What needs to happen is full transparency and accountability across the board. Statements like 'abolish the police' is something I would expect to come from a naive 20 something or teen, not an old ass man like yourself.

Well you'd just LOVE how I feel about prisons. If anyone else questioned my position, I'd be happy to explain it and how I got to that that conclusion, but since you're a basic troll it would be a waste of time, so I'll move on.

06/01/2020 06:51 AM

RustyTruck

A Brief History of Slavery and the Origins of American Policing
Written by Victor E. Kappeler, Ph.D.

The birth and development of the American police can be traced to a multitude of historical, legal and political-economic conditions. The institution of slavery and the control of minorities, however, were two of the more formidable historic features of American society shaping early policing. Slave patrols and Night Watches, which later became modern police departments, were both designed to control the behaviors of minorities. For example, New England settlers appointed Indian Constables to police Native Americans (National Constable Association, 1995), the St. Louis police were founded to protect residents from Native Americans in that frontier city, and many southern police departments began as slave patrols. In 1704, the colony of Carolina developed the nation's first slave patrol. Slave patrols helped to maintain the economic order and to assist the wealthy landowners in recovering and punishing slaves who essentially were considered property..."

Read more http://plsonline.eku.edu/insid...gins-american-policing

06/01/2020 06:52 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Oh, it will get worse. It's being run by progs. Things always get worse when something is run by progs. Notice, that all the major rioting is occurring in prog cities and states?

I :heart; Q
 06/01/2020 06:56 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

This is what comes to my mind.

I was right.
 06/01/2020 07:03 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Oh, it will get worse. It's being run by progs. Things always get worse when something is run by progs. Notice, that all the major rioting is occurring in prog cities and states?

Well that's where the people are. But you make a good point for all those who say "just vote for Biden, this is all trump's fault".

Once again, the Klob could have prosecuted that pig bastard before but the liberals are terrified of the police, and also beholden to them to maintain a social order that favors their economic interests. Biden was all about locking up minority "super predators" back in the 90's.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .