Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The U.S. Economy
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/03/2020 12:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/04/2020 07:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Daner.... "Just wingin' it..."
 06/04/2020 07:19 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Rusty, austerity is a Conservative tactic.

Taxing corporations and the wealthy is a Liberal method.

But you know that and are just trying to further your attempts at souring the electorate.

-------------------------
I was right.
 06/04/2020 07:22 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Some people believe the pandemic is a hoax. I certainly don't nor do any reasonable people believe that but my point was that IF big business or government had created a hoax like this to downsize their services it would have been genius (evil genius). Sorry if you can't see the forest for the trees jdman.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

06/04/2020 07:24 AM

daner

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Daner.... "Just wingin' it..."

Just stating my opinion. But the evidence is all around.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

06/04/2020 07:25 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: daner

Some people believe the pandemic is a hoax. I certainly don't nor do any reasonable people believe that but my point was that IF big business or government had created a hoax like this to downsize their services it would have been genius (evil genius). Sorry if you can't see the forest for the trees jdman.

Huh? You have downplayed it since the beginning. JB isn't blind or confused, he is simply going by what you have written.

I was right.
 06/04/2020 07:37 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: Cole

But you know that and are just trying to further your attempts at souring the electorate.

"Sour" the electorate with a critical viewpoint?

"Neoliberalism or neo-liberalism is the 20th-century resurgence of 19th-century ideas associated with laissez-faire economic liberalism and free market capitalism. It is generally associated with policies of economic liberalization including privatization, deregulation, globalization, free trade, austerity, and reductions in government spending in order to increase the role of the private sector in the economy and society; however, the defining features of neoliberalism in both thought and practice have been the subject of substantial scholarly debate. Neoliberalism constituted a paradigm shift away from the post-war Keynesian consensus which had lasted from 1945 to 1980."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoliberalism

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/04/2020 07:42 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

"Neoliberalism or neo-liberalism is the 20th-century resurgence of 19th-century ideas associated with laissez-faire economic liberalism and free market capitalism. It is generally associated with policies of economic liberalization including privatization, deregulation, globalization, free trade, austerity, and reductions in government spending in order to increase the role of the private sector in the economy and society; however, the defining features of neoliberalism in both thought and practice have been the subject of substantial scholarly debate. Neoliberalism constituted a paradigm shift away from the post-war Keynesian consensus which had lasted from 1945 to 1980."

So why do the Repugs on here keep calling me a Neoliberal? That shit sounds horrible to me.

I was right.
 06/04/2020 08:12 AM

daner

Huh? You have downplayed it since the beginning. JB isn't blind or confused, he is simply going by what you have written.

Over reaction imo yes. Hoax, that is pretty ridiculous and I've never thought or suggested it. No jb isn't confused just incapable of putting his hatred for Trump or maybe me as well to discuss my opinion without being obnoxious.

06/04/2020 08:33 AM

Cole

Over reaction imo yes. Hoax, that is pretty ridiculous and I've never thought or suggested it. No jb isn't confused just incapable of putting his hatred for Trump or maybe me as well to discuss my opinion without being obnoxious.

But you surely can understand his motives when you look back over what you have written?

You have been an open opponent to most virus related things and it began with the original beach closures, now you are saying it will be good for the country economically; you down play the dangers, then dismissed the economic impact. Did you really expect a different reaction from the one you got?

By chance are you retired?

I was right.

Edited: 06/04/2020 at 08:34 AM by Cole
 06/04/2020 09:24 AM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Put em together and what have you got?
Bibbity bobbity buu!
Can we have some more rootie tutti durrutti please!
LOL
he sho' had cute hats though.......

It's a democratic hoax
 06/04/2020 03:05 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: nukeh2o Put em together and what have you got? Bibbity bobbity buu! Can we have some more rootie tutti durrutti please! ......
look at yourself.
 06/04/2020 03:28 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Hey dan,

I got the update for your hoax:

Newly reported deaths
Today: 909
Yesterday: 995
One week ago (5/28): 1,279

Newly reported cases
T: 21K
Y: 20K
5/28: 22K

Newly reported tests
T: 466K
Y: 457K
5/28: 408K

Positive test rate
T: 4%
Y: 4%
5/28: 6%

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 06/04/2020 03:36 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Originally posted by: StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: nukeh2o

Put em together and what have you got?
Bibbity bobbity buu!
Can we have some more rootie tutti durrutti please!

look at yourself.

Bzzzzz zzzzzzz
zzzzzzzz
Somebody left the screen door open again! Barfly mcyappy flitting around every post again....
Bets on making a making a dropkick 3 pointer from here.......?

It's a democratic hoax
 06/04/2020 05:12 PM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: daner Dudettes, where in my post did I say I thought this is a good. I'm pointing out how based on what I'm seeing big business will take advantage and come out more profitable as I fo say at the expense of their employees. You can disagree with my prediction but dont assume because of it I support any particular party or think it is a good thing. The blinders you people wear are blinding.
"But, in the long term, it couldn't have been better for the economy." ...... it has created a LARGER gap between corporations and the "mom & pops". Amazon & Walmart grew from the 800lb Gorilla to Godzilla...... Restaurants? Say hello to more corpo chain places, that had the capital (from mass purchasing, and sub par ingredients) to weather the shutdowns that private ones did not..... ... The stock market (which is been artificially propped up by the fed ( and Mitch McConnells minions) is NOT the economy..... Yes, big business will crush the small ones (thanks to the "Swamps" help) When competition collapses, wages (and choices) follow. Im not affiliated with any party........ those wearing blinders choose not to see this.
 06/05/2020 08:08 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

The problem is that your opinion is based on complete speculation and wishful thinking, no data whatsoever.
 06/07/2020 06:40 AM

Cole

The hospitals will soon begin to fill. Almost 5,000 new cases in four days. With any luck, it doesn't go exponential with the new phase openings.

http://experience.arcgis.com/e...124fa0b38ddedb9b25e429

I was right.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : The U.S. Economy

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .