Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Mattis Denounces Trump
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/03/2020 03:22 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/04/2020 05:32 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Cole, maybe that is exactly why he took the position. He had influence and was able to somewhat keep things on the rails. Unfortunately the Syria situation left him no choice but to resign. It was the only way he could make a stand against something so horribly wrong. Nothing like creating a whole new generation of muslims that hate Americans for using them to fight a proxy war, then abandoning them to their fates. Sounds familiar.
 06/04/2020 05:32 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

So as a liberal, you're satisfied with ineffective half measures. Got it.

You obviously don't know what it means to be professional. Mad Dog is a class act and handled the situation exactly as a man like him should of. I know you can't possibly grasp that, but you are anarchist scum of the earth.

Yeah, he's a real professional. If by professional you mean someone who sees the country he was supposed to be defending slipping toward fascism and keeps his mouth shut until it's too late, lest he violate some unwritten rule of imperial etiquette.

Libs love to keep up appearances.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/04/2020 05:47 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

You do realize that you have been arguing pro Liberal points for years, don't you?

Funny, Daner was the same way. Are you guys the same age? And if so, at what age did you become afraid of the world and start backing tyranny?

I was right.
 06/04/2020 05:48 AM

RiddleMe

Hush Rusty, the adults are trying to have a conversation. Stick to spreading your anarchy nonsense to the kids you lure to your white work van.

Oh, Mattis isn't a liberal.

Edited: 06/04/2020 at 05:49 AM by RiddleMe
 06/04/2020 05:57 AM

johnnyboy

Mattis lent his credibility and character to Trump. Trump lost it. Mattis is calculating his public persona with his private assessment of an immature, ignorant power drunk celebrity. Do you really think his assessment now is different than his assessment when he took the job? I mean, the man is not stupid, he has a great sense of humor and he's been around. Is it only know he comes to this conclusion or is it only now it's safe to share this conclusion?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/04/2020 06:03 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: Cole

You do realize that you have been arguing pro Liberal points for years, don't you?
?

Painfully aware. The complete failure of the Democratic party establishment to mount any effective resistance against trump, and the realization that Dems would rather lose to right wingers than actually put forward any significant program that would improve the material conditions of the working class became clear to me in the past couple of years.

I voted for Dems in every election since 1988 and yet the situation for working people in this country has steadily declined regardless of which party was in office.

I should have seen it sooner, granted, but better late than never. When Obama sold out to the insurance industry with ACA, I came close to a break but I accepted that it might be a step in the right direction; but come to find out it was just a sellout. If Dems couldn't do anything when they held Congress and WH, there's no reason to expect them to ever really challenge the status quo.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

06/04/2020 06:05 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: RiddleMe Hush Rusty, the adults are trying to have a conversation. .
uh oh ridddlaTrigga is at it again!
 06/04/2020 06:07 AM

RiddleMe

@Johnnyboy

He is professional, honorable, and will always do what he feels is right for the people in our country. This is simply a fact. You are right in saying he is not stupid. Knowing the man, it is crystal clear to me as to why he took the position. As I said to Cole:

He had influence and was able to somewhat keep things on the rails. Unfortunately the Syria situation left him no choice but to resign. It was the only way he could make a stand against something so horribly wrong. Nothing like creating a whole new generation of muslims that hate Americans for using them to fight a proxy war, then abandoning them to their fates. Sounds familiar.

The man has a proven track record. Is it really any stretch at all to believe that he took the position because he knew *exactly* what Trump was and he felt it was his duty to do what he could?

Edited: 06/04/2020 at 06:09 AM by RiddleMe
 06/04/2020 06:07 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: Cole Basically, who didn't see this coming?
Basically , YOU . You were perplexed and in denial before the election even started. Go back and look at your posts! another "light bulb moment".
 06/04/2020 06:08 AM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: StirfryMcflurry

Hush Rusty, the adults are trying to have a conversation.

uh oh ridddlaTrigga is at it again![IMG][/IMG]

Generally the person following someone around is the triggered one. That would be you. We all know it. You are obsessed with me and can't help yourself.

Hush StirfailMcTriggered, the adults are trying to have a conversation.

Edited: 06/04/2020 at 06:09 AM by RiddleMe
 06/04/2020 06:19 AM

Cole

If Dems couldn't do anything when they held Congress and WH, there's no reason to expect them to ever really challenge the status quo.

Of course they did positive things; consumer protection, environmental law, international policy with allies, fought for higher wages, saved American auto worker jobs, pushed for unions, backed the LGBT community...hell, the list runs on, especially when compared to the current twats running the show.

Putting them all in the same box is wrong. There is a light year of distance between the two parties. If you think I am wrong, take a look at how many time Bernie voted with the Democratic party, then look at the number of times he voted with the Republicans. The same? Not even fucking close.

I was right.
 06/04/2020 06:27 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

He can join the club. Now he will be invited to the elite swamp cocktail parties, get on CNN and get a healthy payment for it, and have you fools buy his book. I

I :heart; Q
 06/04/2020 06:30 AM

Greensleeves

Maddog stepped up and along with Esper and others related to the military he is ensuring there is no linking of the military to the madman in the now awful office.

Mattis talks to boots. Polls of the military back when Maddog was cabinet material had boot marines behind trump. I'm guessing that has changed and the military as a whole disapproves of the fat bastard.

Maddog's comments are much appreciated by true Americans.
 06/04/2020 06:37 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Yeah, where was this years ago? Too much too late...
hapd

People can and do come correct. That is what is happening all over the world today. It is a time of change maybe even revolution of sorts. Drew Brees saw that.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 06/04/2020 06:37 AM

johnnyboy

Don't think Mattis isn't asking himself the same question I asked: why now? I suspect the lesson for him is harder to accept. He tried to use his skill, training and experience to steady a ship that he now knows could never stay afloat. He prolonged it with his contributions and as long as his decisions were Substituted for the immature power drunk celebrity's, things would be fine. Both Mattis and trump could look good. But it was always a first class ticket on the titanic. Mattis exaggerated his influence on Trump, sought to wield his wisdom and choices over the President's and in the end, the President saw him as a threat to his power and rule. Trump is only one tweet away from firing anyone he sees as smarter, more influential or more popular. Trump fired him and badmouthed him to everyone who listens to him. He was out. The tribe had spoken.

Now, he's doing that post survivor interview where he shows all the skills that should have made him the last man standing and the true winner. He's late on this. We can only infer the reasons. But, we don't have to know why he hired or fired. He was used. He thought he could manage it for the benefit of the country and he did for a little while. Now, he has to take on the tribe to control the narrative of his legacy. They are not big on details or perspectives, but they know how to get their opinions out early and often. They get their pundits all in unison in a clear talking point and they report their talking points as news people are talking about. He is the news today. They are the news everyday. He will be labeled and denounced in the service of trump and while his personal associations will know the truth, the dull eyes of the fox crowd will cling to their foxsplanation of him.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/04/2020 06:43 AM

RustyTruck

If Dems couldn't do anything when they held Congress and WH, there's no reason to expect them to ever really challenge the status quo.

Of course they did positive things; consumer protection, environmental law, international policy with allies, fought for higher wages, saved American auto worker jobs, pushed for unions, backed the LGBT community...hell, the list runs on, especially when compared to the current twats running the show.

Putting them all in the same box is wrong. There is a light year of distance between the two parties. If you think I am wrong, take a look at how many time Bernie voted with the Democratic party, then look at the number of times he voted with the Republicans. The same? Not even fucking close.

Mostly window dressing Cole. I'm not drawing a false equivalency between the R's and D's; I'm saying ultimately they both serve the same corporate interests. All those nice things you listed are all in shambles, and not just because of trump. The party establishment loves to pass "feel good" measures which allow liberals to pat themselves on the back while very carefully avoiding anything that might interfere with accumulation of wealth by the oligarchy.

I was a believer too, and I'm sure you're 100% sincere in supporting them. I would be happy to vote for any Dem who has an actual plan, but I'm done with allowing them to be unaccountable just because the "other guy" is always shittier.

06/04/2020 06:43 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

foxsplanation

- LOL, nice.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 06/04/2020 06:46 AM

Cole

Mostly window dressing Cole. I'm not drawing a false equivalency between the R's and D's; I'm saying ultimately they both serve the same corporate interests. All those nice things you listed are all in shambles, and not just because of trump. The party establishment loves to pass "feel good" measures which allow liberals to pat themselves on the back while very carefully avoiding anything that might interfere with accumulation of wealth by the oligarchy.

I was a believer too, and I'm sure you're 100% sincere in supporting them. I would be happy to vote for any Dem who has an actual plan, but I'm done with allowing them to be unaccountable just because the "other guy" is always shittier.

I see you dismissed my question about Bernie.

You will be a Trump voter before long. So long Rusty.

You must have reached your mid sixties.

I was right.

Edited: 06/04/2020 at 06:48 AM by Cole
 06/04/2020 07:11 AM

RiddleMe

lmfao
 06/04/2020 07:21 AM

RustyTruck

I see you dismissed my question about Bernie.

Well I tried to offer a genuine explanation of my position and treat you with respect; my mistake.

I'm sure trump will resign at any moment under the crushing weight of Mattis' belated criticism.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Mattis Denounces Trump

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .