Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: "I Don't Trust This Kid"
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/19/2020 08:33 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/19/2020 08:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

06/19/2020 09:15 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

For the record, he's Sicilian and not Italian.

But funny and a good message none the less.

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 06/19/2020 09:41 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

For the record, he's Sicilian and not Italian.

But funny and a good message none the less.

Eh, lol, wtf that come from? Sicily is a region of Italy last I was there. Most pizza places in the US are Neapolitan decedents. One true Italian restaurant in this town exists, Bacco Wine Cafe. It's the real deal Northern Italian. No other around here.
 06/19/2020 11:06 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Eh, lol, wtf that come from? Sicily is a region of Italy last I was there. Most pizza places in the US are Neapolitan decedents. One true Italian restaurant in this town exists, Bacco Wine Cafe. It's the real deal Northern Italian. No other around here.

Came from the wife. She's Venetian and the Sicilians are much different. She hates it that in the US guys like that have become the popular image of "Italians"; loud, obnoxious, vulgar, mafia. Those are Sicilian-Americans, and not any more Italian than I am French/German.

It's not the point you were trying to make, I understand; it's just a bit cringe.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti

Edited: 06/19/2020 at 11:07 AM by RustyTruck
 06/19/2020 11:35 AM

HAPDigital

Came from the wife. She's Venetian and the Sicilians are much different. She hates it that in the US guys like that have become the popular image of "Italians"; loud, obnoxious, vulgar, mafia. Those are Sicilian-Americans, and not any more Italian than I am French/German.

It's not the point you were trying to make, I understand; it's just a bit cringe.

It's actually a culture/class/futbol clash in Italy. People in Venetto region say "Viva Padania". Ask her about that LOL But most pizzerias here and the image is both Sicilian and Neapolitan. But yeah, the North views them as trash. However, my best surfing bud in Italy is from Sicily. So va fa'n culo to your wife LOL then say piacere. LOL
 06/19/2020 11:46 AM

RustyTruck

It's actually a culture/class/futbol clash in Italy. People in Venetto region say "Viva Padania". Ask her about that LOL But most pizzerias here and the image is both Sicilian and Neapolitan. But yeah, the North views them as trash. However, my best surfing bud in Italy is from Sicily. So va fa'n culo to your wife LOL then say piacere. LOL

"So va fa'n culo to your wife LOL then say piacere."

Che cazzo stronzo?, not unless I want death in my food. Before nonna moved back for better healthcare, she used to teach Italian to the local FL-NY Sicilians, but I'll spare you her opinion.
They don't mind the Neapolitans.

Edited: 06/19/2020 at 11:46 AM by RustyTruck
 06/19/2020 11:54 AM

HAPDigital

I surfed Sicily. Good times... The food was incredible. I also surfed the other side of Venice intlet, Punta Sabbioni. Good food there too.

Edited: 06/19/2020 at 11:55 AM by HAPDigital
 06/19/2020 12:29 PM

RustyTruck

I surfed Sicily. Good times... The food was incredible. I also surfed the other side of Venice intlet, Punta Sabbioni. Good food there too.

My people are from a coastal island in the Marano lagoon, about an hour east of there. The food is northern of course, heavy on the seafood as it's a fishing community historically.

I'm surprised there would ever be ridable surf in the Adriatic. Nothing when I've been.

06/19/2020 12:40 PM

HAPDigital

Lat two minutes of this video is Punta Sabbioni

I think the surf might even be better in the area your family is from, never surfed that far north.

I also surfed Sottomarina and Ravenna, both south of Venice. Surfed all over the west coast, totally amazin there. Especially that man made reed, Varazze in the video above (video shot on the terrace).
 06/19/2020 01:54 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Looks fun. Getting a wave might be tough, but then again, once you tell them where you are from you might get the pick of the litter.

I was right.

Edited: 06/19/2020 at 01:54 PM by Cole
 06/19/2020 02:15 PM

RustyTruck

Flat as a lake over by Grado. I've done some fishing, but that was it.

06/19/2020 02:21 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: Cole

Looks fun. Getting a wave might be tough, but then again, once you tell them where you are from you might get the pick of the litter.

I was there I the 90s. No crowds. Always had places to myself. Once in a while there would be a crowd but it was a new sport to Italian s then and most were beginners. Usually greeted with a friendly " oh, you're a Yankee..."
 06/19/2020 02:22 PM

HAPDigital

Flat as a lake over by Grado. I've done some fishing, but that was it.

You need the winds they call the scirocco. Then the waves are up in the Adriatic.
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .