Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Cronkite Revelation
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/20/2020 06:13 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/20/2020 06:13 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Cronkite was always a staunch defender of the CBS Evening News as a balanced, unbiased, presentation of events. On Feburary 27, 1968, he summed up his trip to Vietnam at the end of his CBS Special Report, Report from Vietnam: Who, What, When, Where, Why? with a rare editorial report. This break of character was such a personal departure, that the nation was stunned at what they heard. People were hearing a very different Cronkite than they had become accustomed to. Up until that point, Cronkite had avoided expressing any personal opinions on-air. In his editorial, now immortalized as "We Are Mired in Stalemate" Cronkite basically said that he now believed the war to be unwinnable. He suggested to the viewers that the only way that the war would end would be to negotiate. Cronkite, who had already captivated the hearts of American's with his previous broadcasts, such as the JFK assassination, had now cast serious doubt about the United States' mission in Vietnam.

Will any modern Repugs have a Cronkite revelation?

Time is short to fix this and get on the right side of history.

-------------------------
So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 06/20/2020 06:28 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

https://www.youtube.com/channe...-JyiStTnqasADVg/videos

There are a lot of Republicans who are disgusted with Trump and are speaking out.
But for some reason our Republican Senators and Reps are afraid the tweeting Cheato might make a nasty tweet about them.
Not all, but nearly all are now spineless or their moral compass is totally broken and like his chaos.

This guy I thought summed it up well and is in the same mindset as a lot of the people I work with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MV7MZPLRtE

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 06/21/2020 03:35 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

"Senate Republicans are sacrificing their dignity and risking our democracy because they're so afraid of a guy who can fill half an arena in Tulsa with some MAGA dead-enders"

BR

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 06/21/2020 04:38 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

And, or, when will any "Democrat" journalists begin to simply report the news without any "opinions"? Network news has become a 30 minute editorial.

Dora Hates You
 06/21/2020 06:15 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: dingpatch

And, or, when will any "Democrat" journalists begin to simply report the news without any "opinions"? Network news has become a 30 minute editorial.

When will any Republican "journalist" simply report the news? Fox is about as fair and balanced as the jurors at the Emmett Till murder trial.

If you want the news, listen to NPR at the top of each hour.

I was right.
 06/21/2020 06:15 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Corporate news has been bought and paid for, and transformed into entertainment.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/21/2020 08:17 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: Bamboo https://www.youtube.com/channe...-JyiStTnqasADVg/videos There are a lot of Republicans who are disgusted with Trump and are speaking out. But for some reason our Republican Senators and Reps are afraid the tweeting Cheato might make a nasty tweet about them. Not all, but nearly all are now spineless or their moral compass is totally broken and like his chaos. This guy I thought summed it up well and is in the same mindset as a lot of the people I work with. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MV7MZPLRtE
They aren't silent because they are afraid of him. They defend him to the death because he is doing their bidding. Everything from the McConnel Ryan tax giveaway to the new move by the labor department to allow restaurant owners to confiscate tips is designed to increase the power of large corporations and Trump has given the the cover to do it.

06/21/2020 08:19 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Corporate news has been bought and paid for, and transformed into entertainment.
NBC reinvented Trump. Then they all give him free publicity. Should tell people all they need to know about the real goals of that corporate monster.

06/21/2020 09:42 AM

chopola

Joined Forum: 09/04/2004

If the liberal media, and the Democrat left would play fair, they would have a easier go at getting rid of Trump. The silent majority can see right threw the leftist BS. The Dems, are running Biden? That says it all right there. Remember Trump told the GOP, "treat me fair or I run as an independent". Bernie Sanders has no Balls. Let the people decide for crying out loud.
 06/21/2020 10:09 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: chopola

If the liberal media, and the Democrat left would play fair, they would have a easier go at getting rid of Trump. The silent majority can see right threw the leftist BS. The Dems, are running Biden? That says it all right there. Remember Trump told the GOP, "treat me fair or I run as an independent". Bernie Sanders has no Balls. Let the people decide for crying out loud.

06/21/2020 10:46 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Originally posted by: Bamboo

https://www.youtube.com/channe...-JyiStTnqasADVg/videos

There are a lot of Republicans who are disgusted with Trump and are speaking out.

But for some reason our Republican Senators and Reps are afraid the tweeting Cheato might make a nasty tweet about them.

Not all, but nearly all are now spineless or their moral compass is totally broken and like his chaos.

This guy I thought summed it up well and is in the same mindset as a lot of the people I work with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MV7MZPLRtE

No, thank you!

06/21/2020 11:53 AM

chopola

Joined Forum: 09/04/2004

Nice rebuttal Hap. Biden is the perfect candidate for you.
 06/21/2020 12:48 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Nice rebuttal Hap. Biden is the perfect candidate for you.

Meanwhile you believe Trump's tweet stating nobody is showing up to Biden's events with a picture from a closed Biden event. Lol. Bet you thought that was a public event. Trump, is the dumbest candidate, the best one for you.
 06/21/2020 01:05 PM

Cole

You voted for Trump the first time and you will vote for him again, so why do you care what Democrats do or who they run as a candidate?

Trump sucks, Republicans would do much better by running a different candidate, but you don't see Democrats telling you this, so why do you Trump loyalist tell us what we should be doing?

I was right.
 06/22/2020 06:10 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

The silent majority can see right threw the leftist BS.

And I'm just sitting here wondering...

What did they throw?

Who threw it?

Why did they throw it?

Who did they throw it at?

How did they throw it when they can't lift their arm (there arm? They're arm?) to throw it?

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 06/22/2020 06:15 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: Pagerow

The silent majority can see right threw the leftist BS.

And I'm just sitting here wondering...

What did they throw?

Who threw it?

Why did they throw it?

Who did they throw it at?

How did they throw it when they can't lift their arm (there arm? They're arm?) to throw it?

Yes. lol

And what silent majority? Chop is part of the very vocal Republican minority.

Seems he through out the wrong catch phrase.

I was right.
 06/22/2020 06:20 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: jdbman Cronkite was always a staunch defender of the CBS Evening News as a balanced, unbiased, presentation of events. On Feburary 27, 1968, he summed up his trip to Vietnam at the end of his CBS Special Report, Report from Vietnam: Who, What, When, Where, Why? with a rare editorial report. This break of character was such a personal departure, that the nation was stunned at what they heard. People were hearing a very different Cronkite than they had become accustomed to. Up until that point, Cronkite had avoided expressing any personal opinions on-air. In his editorial, now immortalized as "We Are Mired in Stalemate" Cronkite basically said that he now believed the war to be unwinnable. He suggested to the viewers that the only way that the war would end would be to negotiate. Cronkite, who had already captivated the hearts of American's with his previous broadcasts, such as the JFK assassination, had now cast serious doubt about the United States' mission in Vietnam. Will any modern Repugs have a Cronkite revelation? Time is short to fix this and get on the right side of history.
Sure, I have all sorts of revelations. Read my posts.

I :heart; Q
 06/22/2020 06:27 AM

Cole

Sure, I have all sorts of revelations. Read my posts.

I do, that why I laughed at the above.

I was right.
 06/22/2020 06:45 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

If the liberal media, and the Democrat left would play fair, they would have a easier go at getting rid of Trump.

Most of the people that still support Trump have been manipulated into becoming zealots. There is no amount of evidence, facts, or truth about anything that will change their minds even in situations where they can clearly see things for themselves. He tells you something, repeats it a few times, and reinforces it later and you all then believe it as truth.

Am I really surprised that the very same people doing this are the ones so easily manipulated with propaganda from bot farms ran by foreign entities? Nope, not in the least. You buy into it so hard that you become willing participants in their agenda, almost greedily retweeting, sharing, and re-posting.

You all have a real habit of spreading shit that hurts this country and the people in it.

Edited: 06/22/2020 at 06:45 AM by RiddleMe
 06/22/2020 06:57 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Which is why you'll forever be ignorant.

I :heart; Q
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Cronkite Revelation

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .