Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: COVID-19 weirdness is adding up, , , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/27/2020 06:35 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/27/2020 06:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Just a compilation of COVID craziness, , , ,

!. Inside the body, the coronavirus is even more sinister than scientists had realized

Researchers exploring the interaction between the coronavirus and its hosts have discovered that when the SARS-CoV-2 virus infects a human cell, it sets off a ghoulish transformation. Obeying instructions from the virus, the newly infected cell sprouts multi-pronged tentacles studded with viral particles.

These disfigured zombie cells appear to be using those streaming filaments, or filopodia, to reach still-healthy neighboring cells. The protuberances appear to bore into the cells' bodies and inject their viral venom directly into those cells' genetic command centers - thus creating another zombie.

2. Scientists just beginning to understand the many health problems caused by COVID-19

"We thought this was only a respiratory virus. Turns out, it goes after the pancreas. It goes after the heart. It goes after the liver, the brain, the kidney and other organs. We didn't appreciate that in the beginning," said Dr. Eric Topol, a cardiologist and director of the Scripps Research Translational Institute in La Jolla, California.

In addition to respiratory distress, patients with COVID-19 can experience blood clotting disorders that can lead to strokes, and extreme inflammation that attacks multiple organ systems. The virus can also cause neurological complications that range from headache, dizziness and loss of taste or smell to seizures and confusion.

And recovery can be slow, incomplete and costly, with a huge impact on quality of life.

3. Coronavirus: asymptomatic people can still develop lung damage

I quickly learned that many patients with advanced COVID-19 disease bore none of the hallmarks of severe respiratory illness until they suddenly collapsed and died. The science behind this early lesson is now emerging, with a study from Wuhan, China, describing pathological lung changes on CT scans of completely asymptomatic patients. Asymptomatic carriage is not uncommon in other virulent infections, such as MRSA and C diff, but what is striking with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) is that it may be accompanied by underlying organ damage.

The researchers found lesions consistent with inflammation of the underlying lung tissue (ground-glass opacities and consolidation, to use the medical jargon), which are not specific to SARS-CoV-2 infection and may be seen in many other forms of lung disease. What remains a mystery is why, despite these changes, patients do not display typical symptoms of pneumonia, such as severe shortness of breath.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 06/29/2020 05:36 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

At this point I'm just waiting for the infected people to turn into zombies and start eating brains...

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 06/30/2020 04:19 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

I got tested today: Negative.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 06/30/2020 05:10 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

I don't understand why nobody knows definitively whether you can catch it more than once. I understood early on but we should know by now.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 06/30/2020 06:19 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: Sniper I don't understand why nobody knows definitively whether you can catch it more than once. I understood early on but we should know by now.
easy.......yer a dumbass
 06/30/2020 06:20 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: Pagerow At this point I'm just waiting for the infected people to turn into zombies and start eating brains...
aliens have given up on us, and godzilla's about to become woke
 06/30/2020 06:22 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

PSA - If you donate blood you will receive COVID19 antibody test results.

www.oneblood.org

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 06/30/2020 06:26 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: Bamboo PSA - If you donate blood you will receive COVID19 antibody test results. www.oneblood.org
nothin weird about that. try to stay on topic bamBooBoo
 07/01/2020 11:24 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

What do your results mean?
If you test positive
A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that you have antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold.

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 07/01/2020 11:37 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Actually I know quite a few who are suddenly avid blood donors for that reason.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 07/01/2020 11:59 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: Pagerow At this point I'm just waiting for the infected people to turn into zombies and start eating brains...
Let's hope not. Last thing in the world we need right now is more progs.

I :heart; Q
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .