Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: MASKS PROVEN TO REDUCE TRANSMISSION OF OTHER CORONAVIRUSES
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/08/2020 04:01 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/15/2020 07:27 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RiddleMe Sniper the particle tests show that the three layer cotton masks work great at reducing particle spread from your mouth. Sorry the facts and the data does not fit your world view, but it doesn't change the truth.
So, are the people who are becoming newly infected only those who aren't wearing masks? How are health care workers getting it? Every signle person in every hospitals is wearing a mask.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 07/15/2020 07:31 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: Sniper

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

Sniper the particle tests show that the three layer cotton masks work great at reducing particle spread from your mouth. Sorry the facts and the data does not fit your world view, but it doesn't change the truth.

I apologize if you've already provided it but do you mind providing the link that backs up your claim?

I will link FAU directly below this video. You can see there actual test and discussion about it.

Here is the FAU page.

Seeing is believing
 07/15/2020 07:32 AM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: tpapablo
So, are the people who are becoming newly infected only those who aren't wearing masks? How are health care workers getting it? Every signle person in every hospitals is wearing a mask.

Sorry, you are rambling like Trump. Form a coherent sentence instead of playing the part of a stroke victim.
 07/15/2020 07:35 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Sniper the particle tests show that the three layer cotton masks work great at reducing particle spread from your mouth. Sorry the facts and the data does not fit your world view, but it doesn't change the truth.

I apologize if you've already provided it but do you mind providing the link that backs up your claim?

I will link FAU directly below this video. You can see there actual test and discussion about it.

Here is the FAU page.

Seeing is believing

You, do you but I think I will trust the people at the Infection Control Today publication over the video you linked from Inside Edition.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 07/15/2020 07:46 AM

Sniper

The FAU link you provided was performed by FAU's College of Engineering and Computer Science.

I'm not sure how much the College of Engineering and Computer Science deals with aerosolized viruses but if it makes you feel justified in wearing your cloth mask, then go for it. You don't have to justify it to me.

The link below pretty much explains why real masks and social distancing work but most people aren't wearing masks. They are wearing homemade mandible support blankets.
https://www.infectioncontrolto...eless-against-covid-19

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

07/15/2020 07:58 AM

RiddleMe

Dude I literally prefaced the video. I wasn't asking you to trust inside edition dumb ass. Yup the test was performed by the College of Engineering and Computer, so what? It literally shows exhalations using different masks and where the particles end up. The virus is contained within those particles. It really shouldn't be this hard for you. Oh, and you implying that engineers cant test the effectiveness of a mask is kind of LOL

Edited: 07/15/2020 at 08:00 AM by RiddleMe
 07/15/2020 08:04 AM

WillDarryl

Joined Forum: 03/08/2014

Aerosols, particle studies, velocity profiles. Yeah that's fluid dynamics. Mechanical engineering. It's obviously way over your head. Just like your rabies study. Crawl back under your rock.

Edited: 07/15/2020 at 08:05 AM by WillDarryl
 07/15/2020 08:08 AM

RiddleMe

In summary:

1. Masks have been shown to reduce transmission of other respiratory disease like influenza when worn by the infected in peer reviewed research.

2. Masks have been shown to reduce transmission of other coronaviruses when worn by infected in peer reviewed research.

3. Masks have been shown from an engineering perspective to reduce flow and travel distance of respiratory droplets in expelled air.

4. Areas with enforced mask mandates have statistically lower disease incidence of Covid-19 as compared to those without.

5. Early release studies, not yet peer reviewed, also appear to confirm that mask wearing reduces transmission.

6. All credible major health organizations and infectious disease experts currently recommend wearing a mask to reduce transmission of Covid-19

Conclusion:

1. The only reason not to wear a mask inside a business or public space is because you have been convinced by misinformation campaigns designed to divide and conquer our country from within.

-or-

2. You are too much of an insecure pussy because you think it threatens your manhood.

The end.
 07/15/2020 08:18 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo So, are the people who are becoming newly infected only those who aren't wearing masks? How are health care workers getting it? Every signle person in every hospitals is wearing a mask.
Sorry, you are rambling like Trump. Form a coherent sentence instead of playing the part of a stroke victim.
Didn't think you could answer a simple question. And, of course, you took the prog way out - imprecations. Progs are so predictable. The only surprise is that you didn't call me a racist, a prog's usual go to.

I :heart; Q
 07/15/2020 08:19 AM

Sniper

In summary:

1. Masks have been shown to reduce transmission of other respiratory disease like influenza when worn by the infected in peer reviewed research.

2. Masks have been shown to reduce transmission of other coronaviruses when worn by infected in peer reviewed research.

3. Masks have been shown from an engineering perspective to reduce flow and travel distance of respiratory droplets in expelled air.

4. Areas with enforced mask mandates have statistically lower disease incidence of Covid-19 as compared to those without.

5. Early release studies, not yet peer reviewed, also appear to confirm that mask wearing reduces transmission.

6. All credible major health organizations and infectious disease experts currently recommend wearing a mask to reduce transmission of Covid-19

Conclusion:

1. The only reason not to wear a mask inside a business or public space is because you have been convinced by misinformation campaigns designed to divide and conquer our country from within.

-or-

2. You are too much of an insecure pussy because you think it threatens your manhood.

The end.

Wrong. I've posted multiple articles stating that true masks make a difference. Most people are not wearing masks. They are wearing a piece of dirty fabric over their faces.

My manhood has nothing to do with the fact that I don't believe your bandana or your fishing gaiter with 50 SPF is going to protect you from the ghosts you think are in the air.

Also, You heard it here first. Mechanical engineers are also epidemiologists. You learn something new every day.

Use your efforts for something good, like educating old people on using N95 masks, shopping at off-peak hours, or helping them secure real masks. Why are you wasting your time trying to convince healthy people who probably aren't at risk to comply with mask policy because that's your policy? Please don't report me to the manager.

07/15/2020 08:21 AM

RiddleMe

So in summation. Waaaaaaaah i don't wanna wear a mask. Got it sniper
 07/15/2020 08:48 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

In summary:

Conclusion:

-or-

The end.

Wrong. I've posted multiple articles stating that true masks make a difference. Most people are not wearing masks. They are wearing a piece of dirty fabric over their faces.

My manhood has nothing to do with the fact that I don't believe your bandana or your fishing gaiter with 50 SPF is going to protect you from the ghosts you think are in the air.

Also, You heard it here first. Mechanical engineers are also epidemiologists. You learn something new every day.

Use your efforts for something good, like educating old people on using N95 masks, shopping at off-peak hours, or helping them secure real masks. Why are you wasting your time trying to convince healthy people who probably aren't at risk to comply with mask policy because that's your policy? Please don't report me to the manager.

Still thinks the masks are to protect yourself.
 07/15/2020 08:58 AM

RiddleMe

Watching BBC at lunch and coverage of a protest in Russia. Most are wearing masks and officials were passing out masks to people that didn't have them. You know, the same country behind part of the misinformation campaign that has many of you convinced not to wear them. #winning

07/15/2020 09:28 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Lemme throw some meat in the cage for you guys...

http://www.livescience.com/hai...vid19-face-masks.html

Hairstylists with COVID-19 didn't infect any of their 139 clients. Face masks may be why.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 07/15/2020 09:37 AM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Originally posted by: tpapablo So, are the people who are becoming newly infected only those who aren't wearing masks? How are health care workers getting it? Every signle person in every hospitals is wearing a mask.
I'm fluent in Moranese, I learned it working on the ambulance for 38 years listening to people explain "what happened". I can answer the question. Masks aren't 100% effective, they also could possibly get the trumpvirus while they're not at the hospital. Hope that explains it to you tap.

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 07/15/2020 09:44 AM

dab

Joined Forum: 08/08/2003

More Science and a engineering to feed your inquisitive minds.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

07/15/2020 09:52 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 07/15/2020 09:58 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Japan.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 07/15/2020 10:16 AM

Sniper

N95 masks are pretty effective but they only protect the wearer. They have a valve to release the dirty air. So, the cloth masks you make with the intention of helping everyone, help no one and the effective ones only protect the person wearing the mask. Got it. Everyone be good little soldiers though. Comply, wear your mask, and don't think for yourself or the Karen's are going to call the managers.

07/15/2020 10:23 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Hopefully soon enough the only place an unmasked sniper will be welcome will be the COVID Cafe down at the magamall.

Normal people will expect you to dress appropriately in order to come inside.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : MASKS PROVEN TO REDUCE TRANSMISSION OF OTHER CORON...

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .