Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The US is diving into a dark Covid hole -- and there's no plan to get out
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/10/2020 06:37 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/10/2020 06:37 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10...rus-no-plan/index.html

The US is diving into a dark Covid hole -- and there's no plan to get out
Stephen Collinson Profile
Analysis by Stephen Collinson, CNN
Updated 6:47 AM ET, Fri July 10, 2020

(CNN)There is no plan.

As the US plunges into an ever deeper coronavirus morass, setting record new infection rates and the death curve begins to rise again, there's no prospect of the nightmare ending for months.

Delusion dominates an administration that perversely claims the United States is the world leader in beating this modern day plague. There are only contradictions, obfuscations and confusion from the federal officials who ought to be charting a national course.

The massive integrated testing and tracing effort that could highlight and isolate infection epicenters doesn't exist. Attempts to reopen schools in a few weeks are already descending into farce amid conflicting messages from Washington.

Amid all of this, the coronavirus task force does not hold daily briefings, and when it does, they are an exercise in dodging difficult questions and self-congratulation.

Months into the worst domestic crisis since World War II, there is no sense that a fractured country is pulling together to confront a common enemy. People are still arguing about wearing masks -- a tiny infringement of personal freedoms that represents one of the few hopes of easing the contagion. The one federal official who does seem to have answers, Dr. Anthony Fauci, has been banished to the podcast circuit by President Donald Trump, who was on Fox News Thursday night boasting about acing a cognitive test as the US hit another daily record of infections -- over 60,000 -- on a day on which more than 900 new deaths were reported.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 07/10/2020 06:42 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

This is on those that vote GOP.
 07/10/2020 07:07 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Months into the worst domestic crisis since World War II,
Not even close. Hell, we had a worse pandemic in 1957. Know what people did then? Nothing, other than go about their business. We have become a country of wimps.

I :heart; Q
 07/10/2020 07:13 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

There is no doubt the GOP fanned this fire. Odds of it getting really $hitty I'd only put at only 20% since even the stupidest of politicians are starting to see their folly. But I'm an optimist.
 07/10/2020 07:25 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Ding posts all this shit, then supports them. Dude just stop posting it then.. not sure what point you're trying to make.

like "hey look how bad these guys fucked up and I'm such an idiot I'm voting for them again"

because that's really the only point you keep making..

oh, and Tpapski wrong as always hahaha

When America was "great"

Edited: 07/10/2020 at 07:26 AM by fishkller
 07/10/2020 08:55 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Presidential leadership is so non-existant that he can't even show up at a Covid-19 breifing without making a jacka** of himself.
 07/10/2020 11:47 AM

dingpatch

Hey, I'm bi-political. I go both ways.

The 2nd Amendment is the Law.

Legalize pot.

Abortion is murder.

Build the Wall.

Dora Hates You
 07/10/2020 11:59 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Bi or not, you keep posting about the covid catastrophe, then vote for the people who created it.

more like confused.

When America was "great"
 07/10/2020 12:37 PM

dingpatch

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Not even close. Hell, we had a worse pandemic in 1957. Know what people did then? Nothing, other than go about their business. We have become a country of wimps.

Ummmmm, , , , , the 1957 Asian Flu (H2N2) was not near as bad as COVID-19! Keep in mind that the H2N2 "numbers" below are totals. We are just getting started with COVID-19 and it has already surpassed 1957.

>> "The projected COVID-19 death toll may be in line with the 1957 virus only because of aggressive mitigation efforts and lockdowns. Some computer models have projected COVID-19 could have killed more than 2 million in the U.S. had the country proceeded business as usual.

The world population in 1957 was 2.87 billion, and the pandemic that year had a mortality rate of 0.6%. The global population today is 7.8 billion, and the mortality rate for COVID-19 has been about 5%.

Ultimately, the disease kills 116,000 Americans, and at least 1.1 million around the world, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Other estimates say 2 million or more die globally." <<

Dora Hates You
 07/10/2020 12:46 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: dingpatch
Originally posted by: tpapablo
Ummmmm, , , , , the 1957 Asian Flu (H2N2) was not near as bad as COVID-19! Keep in mind that the H2N2 "numbers" below are totals. We are just getting started with COVID-19 and it has already surpassed 1957. >> "The projected COVID-19 death toll may be in line with the 1957 virus only because of aggressive mitigation efforts and lockdowns. Some computer models have projected COVID-19 could have killed more than 2 million in the U.S. had the country proceeded business as usual. The world population in 1957 was 2.87 billion, and the pandemic that year had a mortality rate of 0.6%. The global population today is 7.8 billion, and the mortality rate for COVID-19 has been about 5%. Ultimately, the disease kills 116,000 Americans, and at least 1.1 million around the world, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Other estimates say 2 million or more die globally." <<
It was worse, so far. The fatality rate for corona isn't anywhere near 5%. Studies are showing the fatality rate to be between .5 -1%.

07/10/2020 01:24 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

You don't have to die, you could get off easy with organ and brain damage. But for some of the Pugs it might be an improvement, who knows?

Try not to be this guy:
http://twitter.com/winzigpedia...us/1281643399284690944

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti

Edited: 07/10/2020 at 01:31 PM by RustyTruck
 07/10/2020 02:21 PM

tpapablo

Who knows? I might be like the guy that died of a heart atttack or car wreck or slipping in the shower. The other things that might kill me are more likely than covid. And I don't worry about them either.

07/10/2020 02:36 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

evolution of a MAGA and COVID:
tspank - hoax
tspank - flu
tspank - don't worry other things can kill you too

possible next options
tspank - hey look over there
tspank - fake news
tspank - trump will save me
tspank - Jesus will save me
 07/10/2020 02:58 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

April 18 "I'm not going to wear a mask"

June 13 "The water park's not THAT crowded"

July 1 "This COVID shit sucks!"

July 4 RIP

38 years old.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti

Edited: 07/10/2020 at 02:59 PM by RustyTruck
 07/10/2020 03:37 PM

dingpatch

Hospital capacity. Palm Bay Hospital - 0 of 12 beds available (0%).
Cape Canaveral Hospital - 1 of 12 beds available (8.3%).
Holmes Regional Medical Center - 7 of 64 available (10.9%).
Viera Regional Hospital - 3 of 20 available (15.0%).
Rockledge Regional Medical Center - 12 of 36 available (33.3%).
Parrish Medical Center - 7 of 12 available (58.3%).
Melbourne Regional Medical Center - 8 of 12 available (66.7%).

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/2020/07/10/coronavirus-brevard-county-icu-beds-filling-up-six-deaths-reported-one-day/3286675001/

Dora Hates You
 07/11/2020 07:06 PM

surferclimber

Joined Forum: 01/23/2011

Originally posted by: HAPDigital This is on those that vote GOP.
Not sure hilabest would've been able to do much different. But let's see two real positives we do have: Supreme leader Trump has secured the biggest supply line in the world for the one know effective cure, remdesiver which in many other countries is not available to their public, including lots of Europe. Mister Trump has also got us first in line for vaccine production & delivery, with a guaranteed 100 million does. Do you really think liberals would've pulled that off, doubt it. Yeah the developing day by day throughout April-Mayish was a giant cluster F and lots of things could've been differetly but nobody wants to talk about what our government should really be doing: business to protect the best financial interest ( or safety - military interest ), and not sitting around telling their people do what they should do shouldn't do.

get up early and go surf - it'll make that hangover go away and/or make the workday more tolerable :)

07/11/2020 07:07 PM

surferclimber

Joined Forum: 01/23/2011

Originally posted by: dingpatch Hey, I'm bi-political. I go both ways. Legalize pot. .
Likewise here but minor edit, priorities...

get up early and go surf - it'll make that hangover go away and/or make the workday more tolerable :)

07/11/2020 07:30 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: surferclimber

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

This is on those that vote GOP.

Not sure hilabest would've been able to do much different. But let's see two real positives we do have: Supreme leader Trump has secured the biggest supply line in the world for the one know effective cure, remdesiver which in many other countries is not available to their public, including lots of Europe. Mister Trump has also got us first in line for vaccine production & delivery, with a guaranteed 100 million does. Do you really think liberals would've pulled that off, doubt it. Yeah the developing day by day throughout April-Mayish was a giant cluster F and lots of things could've been differetly but nobody wants to talk about what our government should really be doing: business to protect the best financial interest ( or safety - military interest ), and not sitting around telling their people do what they should do shouldn't do.

I'm 100% sure Hillary would have done much better and we would not be escalating this virus out of control at this moment in time. "remdesiver" you must be joking or mentally ill. Trump was golfing this entire time and campaigning. Well not while he was blaming everyone else and "not taking responsibility".

Update: I'm 100000% sure we would be in a better place now with Clinton than Trump...

"The state GOP said 322 people attended the convention held indoors at the KI Convention Center. While the party offered free face masks to everyone, Wisconsin Public Television reported that only about a dozen attendees chose to wear one," WPR reported. "U.S. Rep. Glenn Grothman, R-Glenbeulah, gave the most forceful defense of President Trump at the convention, beginning his speech by yelling the president's name so loudly that he momentarily lapsed into a coughing fit."

Edited: 07/11/2020 at 07:35 PM by HAPDigital
 07/11/2020 08:49 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 07/11/2020 09:30 PM

HAPDigital

Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .