Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: How to disrupt the election
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/03/2020 06:27 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/03/2020 06:27 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Cripple the USPS.

http://popular.info/p/trump-goes-postal

"...Trump, however, lacks the authority to delay November's election. He does, however, have the power to undermine the ability of the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) to facilitate mail-in voting. And that's what Trump is doing.

It started in May when the Trump administration installed Louis DeJoy, a top Trump fundraiser and Republican operative, as the new Postmaster General. DeJoy has little familiarity with the USPS, but he has "given more than $2 million to the Trump campaign or Republican causes since 2016," including "including a $210,600 contribution to the Trump Victory Fund on Feb. 19." Before assuming the role of Postmaster General, DeJoy was "the finance chairman for the RNC convention."

Upon assuming office, DeJoy immediately took actions to degrade the ability of the USPS to efficiently facilitate mail-in voting - or deliver any mail on time. These actions could invalidate the ballots of millions of Americans, undermine confidence in the election results, and provide a pretext for Trump to reject the result of the vote.

USPS employees instructed to leave mail "on the workroom floor"
Some of DeJoy's changes were officially implemented on July 10. According to an internal memo, all USPS employees were told that "late trips" and "extra trips" are no longer authorized. Effectively, USPS workers would no longer be allowed to use overtime to ensure that mail is delivered on time. Without that flexibility, it is virtually impossible for the USPS to deliver the mail on time."

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 08/03/2020 06:37 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Can't wait to see Jim Jordan's questions when this comes to a hearing. "Do you think people should be allowed to protest, but not be able go to church?!! NO, I want to know!!!"
 08/03/2020 06:39 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

And they refused them bailout money, even though they took a massive hit from the virus.

If first you don't succeed, cheat. It's the Trump way.

I was right.
 08/03/2020 06:47 AM

RustyTruck

As with all public and quasi-public institutions, the plan is to starve it of resources, point out that it's unable to function, and call for public money to be diverted to private interests which support the political campaigns of the instigators.

However, in the context of the 2020 election the plan is on the fast track in order to disenfranchise mail ballot voters and form a basis to challenge the results.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

08/03/2020 07:04 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

In any other universe putting a unqualified shill in as Postmaster General would be headline news and cause outrage, but not in our current universe.

Whoever said "our biggest problem can easily solved in November" is absolutely right.
I don't care that Biden is basically a place holder. At least we will not have to watch this train wreck of an administration that corrupts and destroys nearly everything it touches.
Something stable for 4 years that gets us past this divisive experiment is what I am hoping for.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 08/03/2020 07:06 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Hopefully congress steps up and provides legislature preventing ballot delays and harsh punishment for DeJoy if he does not comply.
 08/03/2020 07:11 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Hopefully congress steps up and provides legislature preventing ballot delays and harsh punishment for DeJoy if he does not comply.

The House will take it up only to be blocked by McConnell. The legislation will never make it to the floor.

I was right.
 08/03/2020 07:34 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I plan on showing up in person to vote. That solves the USPS problem, doesn't it?

I :heart; Q
 08/03/2020 07:44 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

I plan on showing up in person to vote. That solves the USPS problem, doesn't it?

As will most of the American voters. Trump will fail like always.

I was right.
 08/03/2020 08:12 AM

RustyTruck

That's easy enough in Red areas, there are plenty of polling places and opportunities to vote.

In places run by the GOP where voters might swing to Biden, everything possible will be done to make it as difficult as possible to vote.

That's how American "democracy" works.

08/03/2020 08:33 AM

johnnyboy

No no tpap. You dont want to get sick or exposed at your age. Stay home and be safe. Voting for Trump is not worth your life, or the rest of it anyway.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .