Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Breonna Taylor
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/10/2020 05:24 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/10/2020 08:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

From wiki:

No-knock warrants may be issued in every state except Oregon (where state law bans no-knock warrants) and Florida (in which a 1994 state supreme court decision prohibited no-knock warrants).[2] 13 states have laws explicitly authorizing no-knock warrants and in twenty additional states no-knock warrants are routinely granted.[2]

In the wake of the Breonna Taylor shooting (March 2020) and the later (May - June 2020) George Floyd protests, the Louisville Metro Council voted on June 11, 2020 to ban no-knock warrants in Louisville, Kentucky. All 26 council members co-sponsored the ordinance, which they called "Breonna's Law".[5]
 08/10/2020 09:54 AM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

I wonder when the last time an unarmed white person was killed by police during a no knock warrant home invasion? I'm sure it happens. Right?

-------------------------
"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 08/10/2020 11:11 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

This one is a few years old, but illustrates the point.

http://www.vox.com/2014/10/29/...-dangerous-work-drugs

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 08/10/2020 11:16 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: all3 I wonder when the last time an unarmed white person was killed by police during a no knock warrant home invasion? I'm sure it happens. Right?
March 12, 2020 was the last I could find. Don't hear much about that one, do you? Wonder why not.

I :heart; Q
 08/10/2020 11:25 AM

Greensleeves

tspank so incredibly stupid he can't post a link. tspank you see why you are generally regarded as a dumba$$ right?
 08/10/2020 11:45 AM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Originally posted by: tpapablo
Originally posted by: all3 I wonder when the last time an unarmed white person was killed by police during a no knock warrant home invasion? I'm sure it happens. Right?
March 12, 2020 was the last I could find. Don't hear much about that one, do you? Wonder why not.
Thanks, that sounds like another bad police situation. I'd like to find out more about. I can't believe no knock warrants are legal. What is your take?

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 08/10/2020 11:53 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Rusty's Vox article is right on.

No-knocks justify SWAT teams which are in large part used in No-knocks to justify their existence. The PD's like their tactical tim image and status, though. So they find reasons to keep the SWAT teams. Not saying they don't have a place, but not every town needs a full para-military SWAT team.

No-knocks should be used in the extreme minority of the cases and not granted with the ease they are currently given.

If the door or window are suddenly broken in and intruders enter the home unannounced I would have a hard time blaming someone for shooting said intruders. Anybody can buy tactical gear and look all mall-ninja so you can't go by what the intruders look like.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 08/10/2020 12:23 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

OK fools, , , , just what about any of this is "racist"?

Dora Hates You
 08/10/2020 12:39 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: all3
Thanks, that sounds like another bad police situation. I'd like to find out more about. I can't believe no knock warrants are legal. What is your take?
Its legal. Personally, I don't like them. Now, I see the other side of the argument. At very least, they need to tightened the standards so that you could get one of these warrants only in the most extreme circumstances.

08/10/2020 12:47 PM

RustyTruck

The fact that they came into being due to the "war on drugs" is absurd. Unless you're a full on cartel, there's no reason to do no-knock warrants for drug crimes.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

09/23/2020 05:08 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

"No knock" warrant = Armed home invasion

Wrong again,always wait for the facts before you jump rusty
 09/23/2020 05:29 PM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

"No knock" warrant = Armed home invasion

Wrong again,always wait for the facts before you jump rusty

I stand by my statement. Someone crashes your front door you're not shooting?

09/24/2020 09:07 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

cheetah-krickets?
 09/24/2020 10:32 AM

johnnyboy

There is a big credibility issue with whether these cops identified themselves as police. That's a huge difference In what happened next.

If you believe in the 2nd Amendment, your right to defend your home is paramount.

In a bad neighborhood, in a small apartment, they had every right to shoot an unannounced intruder.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/24/2020 10:35 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy There is a big credibility issue with whether these cops identified themselves as police. That's a huge difference In what happened next. If you believe in the 2nd Amendment, your right to defend your home is paramount. In a bad neighborhood, in a small apartment, they had every right to shoot an unannounced intruder.
And the cops had every right to shoot back. RIght result was reached. Can't speak to the reckless endangerment charge, however.

Edited: 09/24/2020 at 10:40 AM by tpapablo
 09/24/2020 11:20 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

There is a big credibility issue with whether these cops identified themselves as police. That's a huge difference In what happened next.

If you believe in the 2nd Amendment, your right to defend your home is paramount.

In a bad neighborhood, in a small apartment, they had every right to shoot an unannounced intruder.

And the cops had every right to shoot back. RIght result was reached. Can't speak to the reckless endangerment charge, however.

Yeah, from your track record it is best you do not comment about legal matters. You've been wrong every time. En banc? FL Gambling? Man pushed to the ground? Charlottesville? Should I continue?
 09/24/2020 11:47 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

Great points you made here. Steven A. Smith made a similar comparison on ESPN this morning.

(I paraphrase) He said, Kentucky has some laws in conflict with each other:

1. The person's right to carry a weapon; concealed or otherwise.

2. The right to protect your home, with the "stand your ground" law.

3. The police have the right to enter your home forcefully, whether it's a knock or no-knock, the can break down your door if deemed appropriate.

This was a bad situation waiting to happen, and create a deadly outcome.

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 09/24/2020 12:14 PM

johnnyboy

This doesn't happen if Florida, because it can't happen here. We banned no knock warrants. Everyone should.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/24/2020 06:41 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

I wonder when the last time an unarmed white person was killed by police during a no knock warrant home invasion? I'm sure it happens. Right?

most white people obey the law, why wouldnt they if they havent done anything wrong as you imply
 09/24/2020 06:48 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo

most white people obey the law, why wouldnt they if they havent done anything wrong as you imply

I bet you've broken the law lot more than once in your life.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Breonna Taylor

<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .