Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: August jobs
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/11/2020 05:54 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/11/2020 05:54 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Up and down, , , , ,

Today's number for August gains is expected to be 1.35 million added jobs but, within that number is 240,00 temporary census jobs.

On the downside, the lack of any "new" stimulus will eventually decrease or mostly stop much more growth in the coming months. About one in 20 small firms say they expect to permanently shut down in the next six months, according to the latest Small Business Pulse Survey by the Census Bureau.

Sure, things are looking a bit better but, it will only continue for a short time; there is lots of talk that the economy has and will continue to change, to the tune of between 10 and 20 million jobs being "gone for good".

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 09/11/2020 05:59 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Four million applied for unemployment.

Almost 30 million are on some type of assistance.

No one can explain the discrepancy between the numbers.

I was right.
 09/11/2020 06:33 AM

dingpatch

"No one can explain the discrepancy between the numbers."

I did not "dig into it" but, one article said that the current employment figures are still about 10 million jobs short of what they were before COVID.

Hmmmmm, , , , , Okay. So, 30 million jobless on "assistance". But, we are only 10 million jobs short of what existed before COVID? How and where have that extra 20 million been hiding?

It may be part of the problem of bigger and bigger "social" numbers. Remember back-in-the day when the DOW was reported as gains and losses of "eighths". When I was in Business School at FSU in 1975 the classical "full employment" figures included that there would always be "4%" unemployment; not for the lack of jobs but, for the fact that 4% of employable people would always be in "transition" from job to job and place to place. Today, even "3.5%" is not good enough. It seems that 1% of, let's say, 50 million used to be not too big of a deal, while today just .1% of any number is a Big Fucking Deal. For the most part the "percentages" have not changed but, as more and more people are aded to the "mix" even smaller and smaller changes become more and more serious.

Now, the DOW is measured by finite "points" where just a .5% change is a total Oh My Fucking God moment!

And, in addition, last year it was estimated that there were 157 million available "workers" in the US. Okay. But, the "old" 4% unemployed number would be 6.28 million people today! The optics of that number is just no good for today's .01% world.

Dora Hates You

Edited: 09/11/2020 at 06:35 AM by dingpatch
 09/11/2020 06:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Greensleeves

hey ding? Did trump mishandle the pandemic?
 09/11/2020 06:42 AM

dingpatch

How did the Sturgis Riders handle it?

Dora Hates You
 09/11/2020 06:44 AM

johnnyboy

Like rattlesnake at Appalachian Baptist revival?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/11/2020 06:46 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

On top of that, after riding the upward wave created by Obama, manufacturing jobs have been declining since 2018.

Don't vote for dotards, not only will they kill you, they will wreck the economy.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 09/11/2020 06:52 AM

dingpatch

I'm going to vote for Tammy Duckworth.

Dora Hates You
 09/11/2020 06:53 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I would imagine that prog-run states are making the numbers worse. This part of Florida, at least, seem pretty close to normal.

I :heart; Q
 09/11/2020 06:57 AM

Cole

The $30 billion in government handouts to farmers from Trump had to help the Midwest.

I was right.
 09/11/2020 06:58 AM

johnnyboy

All those prog bikers in sturgis too, tpap. Now shake that rattlesnake and know God will protect you with faith.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/11/2020 07:17 AM

dingpatch

Well, "Open up" what ever you want to but, a lot of it will not help a thing. Not unless/until a very effective vaccine is available. I'm particularly selfish about this; I aint going "out" to anywhere for now. Only mandatory grocery shopping and an occasional "take out". I am not alone. There are many, many, people who could give a living shit about the "economy" as long as COVID-19 is allowed to have free range.

If you and your family depend of "wait staff" jobs, and such, you should perhaps move to Mexico and look for employment harvesting agriculture.

Oh and, a lot of this type of discussion is just a warm up hand job, when you consider what is to come with all of the eventual, virtual, bankruptcies among State and Local governments. Get over the "markets" getting thier billions in bailouts. The cities and states will soon require Trillions upon Trillions of "aid". You may not have a job and be able pay any bills but, you will continue to shit and flush. As a wise "Old Boy" once told me, , , , "the shit has GOT TO FLOW"!

Dora Hates You
 09/11/2020 07:22 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: dingpatch Well, "Open up" what ever you want to but, a lot of it will not help a thing. Not unless/until a very effective vaccine is available. I'm particularly selfish about this; I aint going "out" to anywhere for now. Only mandatory grocery shopping and an occasional "take out". I am not alone. There are many, many, people who could give a living shit about the "economy" as long as COVID-19 is allowed to have free range. If you and your family depend of "wait staff" jobs, and such, you should perhaps move to Mexico and look for employment harvesting agriculture. Oh and, a lot of this type of discussion is just a warm up hand job, when you consider what is to come with all of the eventual, virtual, bankruptcies among State and Local governments. Get over the "markets" getting thier billions in bailouts. The cities and states will soon require Trillions upon Trillions of "aid". You may not have a job and be able pay any bills but, you will continue to shit and flush. As a wise "Old Boy" once told me, , , , "the shit has GOT TO FLOW"!
Given your situation, I think it is a wise decision to stay in. The calculus for others is different, however.

09/11/2020 07:31 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Herman Cain should have stayed inside. Probably trump's brother, too.

But it was more important not to spook the market.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 09/11/2020 07:39 AM

dingpatch

Me? I'm special but, a lot of healthy, working, people I know are over it and will continue to stay home. I talked with a good friend last night; he's 55 and his wife is 50. They cancelled their gym memberships and have ordered a $3800 "elliptical" machine for their home. He told me that "you have to be fucking insane to go into a gym now, , , ,". Him? He used to be a full on weight lifter. He could not wear blue jeans at all; his thighs were too big.

Dora Hates You
 09/11/2020 07:55 AM

Greensleeves

It's not confusing. Trump f-ed up our approach to the pandemic. It's that simple.

09/11/2020 08:36 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: dingpatch Me? I'm special but, a lot of healthy, working, people I know are over it and will continue to stay home. I talked with a good friend last night; he's 55 and his wife is 50. They cancelled their gym memberships and have ordered a $3800 "elliptical" machine for their home. He told me that "you have to be fucking insane to go into a gym now, , , ,". Him? He used to be a full on weight lifter. He could not wear blue jeans at all; his thighs were too big.
And that is fine too. My friends and co-workers are all over the place on this too. We all have different situations and make ups.

09/18/2020 05:47 AM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: wtf

On top of that, after riding the upward wave created by Obama, manufacturing jobs have been declining since 2018.

Don't vote for dotards, not only will they kill you, they will wreck the economy.

we will kill you, yeah thats it what a fukwad, read your shit outloud; then get back with the world would you? Look at Harris/biden and see how they will treat the herd

Edited: 09/18/2020 at 05:48 AM by cheaterfiveo
 09/18/2020 05:50 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo

we will kill you, yeah thats it what a fukwad

You go back in forum time, bring these old posts back and then say things this stupid?

Do us all a favor and skip the routine.

I was right.
 09/18/2020 05:53 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo

we will kill you, yeah thats it what a fukwad, read your shit outloud; then get back with the world would you? Look at Harris/biden and see how they will treat the herd

Scoreboard - approaching 200k dead Americans. This is all on the chief dotard who KNEW and ADMITTED ON TAPE how gnarly this virus is.

Like I said - Don't vote for dotards, not only will they kill you, they will wreck the economy

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .