Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The Authoritarian Personality
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/15/2020 01:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/15/2020 01:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

"...the potential for fascism lie not at the periphery but at the very heart of modern experience. Fascism is something far deeper than a political form: it correlates with psychological patterns of domination and submission that take shape in earliest childhood and later harden into a syndrome of attitudes regarding hierarchy, power, sexuality, and tradition.

The psyche of a fascist is "authoritarian" in the sense that it attaches itself to figures of strength and disdains those it deems weak. It tends toward conventionalism, rigidity, and stereotypical thinking; it insists on a stark contrast between in-group and out-group, and it jealously patrols the boundaries between them.

It is prone to obsession over rumors of immorality and conspiracy, and it represses with self-loathing the sexual licentiousness it projects onto others. In all of these ways, fascism appears as the political manifestation of a pre-political disposition.

The authoritarian personality does not always turn explicitly fascist; its politics may remain dormant, only to emerge under certain social-historical conditions. This thesis offers an important corrective to those who prefer to see fascism as discontinuous with liberal-democratic political culture: fascism is not mysterious, and it is not something otherworldly or rare; it is the modern symptom of a psychopathology that is astonishingly widespread and threatens modern society from within."

The Authoritarian Personality by Theodor Adorno http://www.amazon.com/dp/17887..._tw_dp_x_TxsyFbWM07NF7 via @amazon

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti

Edited: 09/15/2020 at 01:38 PM by RustyTruck
 09/15/2020 01:37 PM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

..... before our very eyes.....
 09/15/2020 01:58 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

That's quite interesting. Now, let us talk about senility, which is the big issue confronting us. I see where people suffering from this disease can become angry and violent. And we have seen that in Dementia Joe. So the question is, do we have to worry about Dementia Joe nuking his own country if, say, Congress does not approve spending $2 trillion on the New Green Deal?

I :heart; Q
 09/15/2020 02:08 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Nyet.
 09/15/2020 02:29 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Originally posted by: tpapablo

That's quite interesting. Now, let us talk about senility, which is the big issue confronting us. I see where people suffering from this disease can become angry and violent. And we have seen that in Dementia Joe. So the question is, do we have to worry about Dementia Joe nuking his own country if, say, Congress does not approve spending $2 trillion on the New Green Deal?

Hey piggy: let's talk about willful, deliberate criminal negligence in the face of a worldwide "deadly stuff" epidemic.
What will emperor oinkafeller squeal all the way home again....?

It's a democratic hoax
 09/15/2020 02:49 PM

RustyTruck

No need to worry about that, Joe doesn't support GND at all. He'll probably support tax advantaged incentives for fortune 500 companies to produce fewer plastic colostomy bags.

But back to authoritarian personality. I think it helps explain the unwashed mass trumpers, but doesnt explain those who almost certainly see through trumps con game yet still profess support.
Those are the ones i find especially curious.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 09/15/2020 03:55 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Those people aren't concerned with what Trump does does for them.

They are concerned with what Trump does to people they don't like. That's why they feel he is a "success" despite his screwing everything up.

It's butthurt types who feel downtrodden and want a "big brother" to yell at people they think bullied them.

Usually wimpy types with backwards ideas that got their feelings hurt and want revenge, but are too cowardly to do anything themselves.

You know, like Tpapski.

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Edited: 09/15/2020 at 03:56 PM by fishkller
 09/15/2020 05:14 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Roger Stone to Donald Trump: bring in martial law if you lose election

https://www.theguardian.com/us...w-if-you-lose-election
 09/16/2020 05:40 AM

Cole

You say funny stuff!

I was right.
 09/16/2020 06:06 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

You say funny stuff!

When is Biden going to take Trump 'out back' and beat the shit out of him?

I would pay BIG money to see that!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 09/16/2020 06:08 AM

Cole

Metaphorically in the debates.

Physically, all he would have to do is push Trump off of his elevator shoes.

I was right.

Edited: 09/16/2020 at 06:10 AM by Cole
 09/16/2020 06:23 AM

Fish Killer

Metaphorically in the debates.

Physically, all he would have to do is push Trump off of his elevator shoes.

Well Trump at 6'3" doesn't need you're elevator shoe lie.

Biden wasn't being metaphorical.

^These are PROVED facts.
 09/16/2020 06:35 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Fish Killer
Originally posted by: tpapablo That's quite interesting. Now, let us talk about senility, which is the big issue confronting us. I see where people suffering from this disease can become angry and violent. And we have seen that in Dementia Joe. So the question is, do we have to worry about Dementia Joe nuking his own country if, say, Congress does not approve spending $2 trillion on the New Green Deal?
You say funny stuff!
When is Biden going to take Trump 'out back' and beat the shit out of him? I would pay BIG money to see that!
Yep, that's the violent part. Remember when he has gone postal with voters? That's the angr part. The guy is a ticking, senile time bomb. And I am not sure that is the worst of it. If he become president, I can see him wondering around the streets of DC butt naked, raving like a lunatic. Has any other country in the world had a senile leader?

09/16/2020 06:40 AM

Fish Killer

You say funny stuff!

When is Biden going to take Trump 'out back' and beat the shit out of him?

I would pay BIG money to see that!

Yep, that's the violent part. Remember when he has gone postal with voters? That's the angr part. The guy is a ticking, senile time bomb. And I am not sure that is the worst of it. If he become president, I can see him wondering around the streets of DC butt naked, raving like a lunatic. Has any other country in the world had a senile leader?

Remember when he went postal on that auto-union worker asking about gun control?

Wow!

^These are PROVED facts.
 09/16/2020 06:46 AM

Cole

Joe is a real man. Eleveator shoes Trump, not so much.

Go get them Joe! WOOT WOOT!

I was right.
 09/16/2020 06:53 AM

Fish Killer

Joe is a real man. Eleveator shoes Trump, not so much.

Go get them Joe! WOOT WOOT!

Awwwww...look...the pathological liar is doubling down on elevator shoes for a man 6'3" tall.

This is exactly why you have no friends Coleslaw...

You're a liar.

Nobody trusts or likes a liar.

FACT!

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 09/16/2020 at 06:53 AM by Fish Killer
 09/16/2020 06:54 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: tpapablo That's quite interesting. Now, let us talk about senility, which is the big issue confronting us. I see where people suffering from this disease can become angry and violent. And we have seen that in Dementia Joe. So the question is, do we have to worry about Dementia Joe nuking his own country if, say, Congress does not approve spending $2 trillion on the New Green Deal?
You say funny stuff!
When is Biden going to take Trump 'out back' and beat the shit out of him? I would pay BIG money to see that!
Remember when he went postal on that auto-union worker asking about gun control? Wow!
Yep, that was one of the instances that I was referring to. Look at his face. totally out of control at a guy asking him a simple question. Just think about he might do when he can launch nuclear weapons. If some American company refuses to hire Hunter Biden as a director for a million a year, he might nuke them.

09/16/2020 07:03 AM

Fish Killer

Yep, that was one of the instances that I was referring to. Look at his face. totally out of control at a guy asking him a simple question. Just think about he might do when he can launch nuclear weapons. If some American company refuses to hire Hunter Biden as a director for a million a year, he might nuke them.

Well YEAH!

He extorted Ukraine for Hunter.......

He used a Judge's removal and US $Billion as leverage.

If he doesn't have that using nukes would be a viable option for him. I can easily see that.

I saw the video of Biden extorting Ukraine.....not a pretty picture.

Looked like a mob boss.

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 09/16/2020 at 07:06 AM by Fish Killer
 09/16/2020 07:06 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Two dotards trying so hard.. LOL

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 09/16/2020 07:11 AM

RustyTruck

Trump and Biden are both angry old men who don't want you walking on their lawn.

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .