Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Peaceful protest or sedition?
Topic Summary: The law and order president says sedition.
Created On: 09/17/2020 06:02 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/17/2020 06:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry...2aec8c5b6c6317cff5aee

This is why we have jury trials. It takes 12 strangers to agree unanimously that a person arrested for sedition in a protest is guilty.

>>The federal law against seditious conspiracy can be found in Title 18 of the U.S. Code (which includes treason, rebellion, and similar offenses), specifically 18 U.S.C. § 2384. According to the statutory definition of sedition, it is a crime for two or more people within the jurisdiction of the United States:

To conspire to overthrow or destroy by force the government of the United States or to level war against them;
To oppose by force the authority of the United States government; to prevent, hinder, or delay by force the execution of any law of the United States; or
To take, seize, or possess by force any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof<<

Lots of luck with that. Somehow, I suspect that about 43% of the jury would vote to convict without even hearing the evidence.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/17/2020 06:07 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

All of the POS rioters will be guaranteed at least 5 years tho Barr will try to get 20! :

18 U.S. Code §?2101.Riots
U.S. Code
Notes
prev | next
(a)Whoever travels in interstate or foreign commerce or uses any facility of interstate or foreign commerce, including, but not limited to, the mail, telegraph, telephone, radio, or television, with intent -
(1)to incite a riot; or
(2)to organize, promote, encourage, participate in, or carry on a riot; or
(3)to commit any act of violence in furtherance of a riot; or
(4)to aid or abet any person in inciting or participating in or carrying on a riot or committing any act of violence in furtherance of a riot;
and who either during the course of any such travel or use or thereafter performs or attempts to perform any other overt act for any purpose specified in subparagraph (A), (B), (C), or (D) of this paragraph - ?[1]
Shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.
(b)In any prosecution under this section, proof that a defendant engaged or attempted to engage in one or more of the overt acts described in subparagraph (A), (B), (C), or (D) of paragraph (1) of subsection (a)?[2] and (1) has traveled in interstate or foreign commerce, or (2) has use of or used any facility of interstate or foreign commerce, including but not limited to, mail, telegraph, telephone, radio, or television, to communicate with or broadcast to any person or group of persons prior to such overt acts, such travel or use shall be admissible proof to establish that such defendant traveled in or used such facility of interstate or foreign commerce.
(c)A judgment of conviction or acquittal on the merits under the laws of any State shall be a bar to any prosecution hereunder for the same act or acts.
(d)Whenever, in the opinion of the Attorney General or of the appropriate officer of the Department of Justice charged by law or under the instructions of the Attorney General with authority to act, any person shall have violated this chapter, the Department shall proceed as speedily as possible with a prosecution of such person hereunder and with any appeal which may lie from any decision adverse to the Government resulting from such prosecution.

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 09/17/2020 at 06:08 AM by Fish Killer
 09/17/2020 06:14 AM

Cole

When will Trump and Co don the olive fatigues, because this shit is straight Banana Republic.

I was right.
 09/17/2020 06:23 AM

johnnyboy

I think melania got that memo a while ago. She's been rocking the OD battle fashion for months now.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/17/2020 06:25 AM

Cole

Isn't there a law or laws that bar the Justice Department from working lockstep with the White House?

I was right.
 09/17/2020 06:43 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: Cole

Isn't there a law or laws that bar the Justice Department from working lockstep with the White House?

Apparently not

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 09/17/2020 06:46 AM

Fish Killer

When will Trump and Co don the olive fatigues, because this shit is straight Banana Republic.

Arresting and jailing rioters is 'banana republic'?

On which planet?

NOT this one!

Rioters need SERIOUS jail time!

FACT!

^These are PROVED facts.
 09/17/2020 06:56 AM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

This exchange in a previous thread got no response, but I still wonder how it might go over if someone cited the DoI as a defense against these kinds of charges:

Originally posted by: CurtisEflush

Originally posted by: jdbman

18 U.S. Code §?2381:

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned...

From our Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,
--

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

It is an academic curiosity how the above would go over as a defense against the first category of treason jdb points out ("Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them...).

Any rational thoughts?
 09/17/2020 06:57 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

On which planet?

NOT this one!

FACT!

You sure lack intelligence. Your failure to stay on the most basic topic is amazing. Can you even feed yourself?

I was right.
 09/17/2020 07:15 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

On which planet?

NOT this one!

FACT!

You sure lack intelligence. Your failure to stay on the most basic topic is amazing. Can you even feed yourself?

"Barr's efforts come amid Donald Trump's attempt to cast himself as the "law and order" president as he seeks reelection. Trump regularly cited Seattle in his attacks on the racial injustice protests, specifically demonstrators who had established a police-free zone for several weeks this summer.

The president had called those in the zone "domestic terrorists" and sent federal agents to the city despite local leaders' protests."

I AM on topic.....every one of them including the mayor can be charged with rioting or inciting a riot!

MORON!

^These are PROVED facts.
 09/17/2020 07:54 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Straight up dictatorship shit. These MAGAts are in dire need of a master, they really like the submissive role.
 09/17/2020 08:00 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

A conviction might be besides the point. Think we need to see more of those million dollar bails for these privileged dumbasses. Think it would do them good to stew in jail for awhile.

I :heart; Q
 09/17/2020 08:11 AM

johnnyboy

Yeah! The purpose is bonds is prepunish everyone who can't pay because they are all guilty anyway.

09/17/2020 10:19 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Apparently not

I know, right? First time in history the DOJ has worked closely with a President. Just imagine if Barr had said the following:
"I'm still enjoying what I'm doing, there's still work to be done. I'm still the President's wing-man, so I'm there with my boy." - Eric Holder referring to his love affair with Barrack Obama, who asserted executive privilege in order to withhold DOJ documents related to Fast & Furious controversy ahead of a United States House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform vote to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of court.

Can you imagine that shit? Can the hysterics you guys would be in if Barr did anything close to this?

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 09/17/2020 10:31 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: Sniper

Apparently not

I know, right? First time in history the DOJ has worked closely with a President. Just imagine if Barr had said the following:

"I'm still enjoying what I'm doing, there's still work to be done. I'm still the President's wing-man, so I'm there with my boy." - Eric Holder referring to his love affair with Barrack Obama, who asserted executive privilege in order to withhold DOJ documents related to Fast & Furious controversy ahead of a United States House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform vote to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of court.

Can you imagine that shit? Can the hysterics you guys would be in if Barr did anything close to this?

I guess the Obama DOJ should have arrested Mike Flynn for treason when they caught him on the phone with the Russians trying to undermine official foreign policy.

And the trump gang when they were meeting with Russian agents in Trump Tower.

And Roger Stone when he was the bag man between Trump and the Russian espionage against Clinton.

Instead they did the liberal democratic thing and let the people decide. Turns out a good segment of the population are traitors to the basic freedoms they talk so much about.

I know I'll never take another flag waving Ameritard seriously.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

Edited: 09/17/2020 at 10:33 AM by RustyTruck
 09/17/2020 11:00 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Apparently not

I know I'll never take another flag waving Ameritard seriously.

Do you get mad when people are proud to be German, or Irish, or Spanish, or Japanese? If not, then why is someone being proud to be an American too spicey for you?

I was waiting in a lobby this morning sitting near a nice older guy who liked to talk to strangers far more than I do first thing in the morning. He said that in his younger days that he immigrated here from Lebanon, with only what he could carry in a suitcase, after living through two civil wars. He said that people dying around you was just part of the drill and that he thought that is just what life was like. Then he talked about how happy he was to be here and how all the people complaining much like yourself and those rioting and looting were spoiled pieces of shit (not his words but pretty close) and they had no idea how good they have it. So, you can be embarrassed all you want of this country and you can hate it all you want. It will just make most people think that you have limited life experience and wonder if your grandmother knew the damage she was doing by leaving you your trust fund.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden

Edited: 09/17/2020 at 11:01 AM by Sniper
 09/17/2020 12:34 PM

Greensleeves

did you check his papers?
 09/17/2020 12:54 PM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Yes, his papers said he was born in Hawaii and his fathers nationality was African...

09/17/2020 12:57 PM

Greensleeves

nobodyelse! still barfing up conspiracy theory that he ate off the floor of the disgusting right wing bubble. Stay stupid nobody
 09/17/2020 01:02 PM

RustyTruck

I was waiting in a lobby this morning sitting near a nice older guy who liked to talk to strangers far more than I do first thing in the morning. He said that in his younger days that he immigrated here from Lebanon, with only what he could carry in a suitcase, after living through two civil wars. He said that people dying around you was just part of the drill and that he thought that is just what life was like. Then he talked about how happy he was to be here and how all the people complaining much like yourself and those rioting and looting were spoiled pieces of shit (not his words but pretty close) and they had no idea how good they have it. So, you can be embarrassed all you want of this country and you can hate it all you want. It will just make most people think that you have limited life experience and wonder if your grandmother knew the damage she was doing by leaving you your trust fund.

Dang, were you humming the star spangled banner when you wrote that? LOL.

I've come to consider patriotism and nationalism as negative impulses. More often than not it's used to defend oppression, promote xenophobia, and discourage international solidarity.

Don't get me wrong, I was all about it most of my life, but after lots of international travel and seeing how ignorant, arrogant, and privileged Americans tend to be on average, and how fake most of our national myths about ideals of freedom and equality really are, I'm over it. I've lowered the stars and stripes for good I think.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .