Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Jo Jorgenson 2020
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/19/2020 06:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/20/2020 07:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Bernie endorses Biden.

Vote Biden

-------------------------
 10/20/2020 07:49 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: fishkller

Bernie endorses Biden.

Vote Biden

Yup, wise choice for our country at this critical moment. Then make a plan to revise in 4 years if you don't like Biden then.
 10/20/2020 07:51 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

But hey, I have some respect the lifelong Republican voters who are putting country over party. We may have differences, but we're all Americans. Thank you for voting Biden
- America Not Trump.

I also understand to some extent why people like Rusty feel the way they do. But it is not the time to let feelings get in the way of saving America from kool aid drinking Nazis.

Fuck the trunts
Vote Blue , no matter who.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 10/20/2020 07:55 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: Cole

Yes, the cabal is against Bernie. Deepstate and all that.

If this was true, why does Bernie back Biden?

The DNC was absolutely against Bernie from the start. That's hardly disputable, but it's moot. The party can choose who they like, it's only "called" democratic.

Bernie backs Biden for the same reason many of my people in swing states will vote for Biden, harm reduction.

Let me explain something to you. Trump is the more dangerous candidate. Dangerous to the institutions that kept this country going for it's brief history, and dangerous to those who have the guts to fight the growing american fascism directly. That doesn't make Biden any better, he sucks as much as anyone who's run in my lifetime.

However, neither candidate is going to do anything substantial for worker's rights, income inequality, criminal justice reform, or the environment.

A Biden win just means the liberals can go to brunch again and then go back to sleep. The real work to be done to improve the situation for workers will go on as it has; organization and mobilization at the grass roots level.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".

Edited: 10/20/2020 at 07:56 AM by RustyTruck
 10/20/2020 07:58 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Originally posted by: Cole

Yes, the cabal is against Bernie. Deepstate and all that.

If this was true, why does Bernie back Biden?

The DNC was absolutely against Bernie from the start. That's hardly disputable, but it's moot. The party can choose who they like, it's only "called" democratic.

Bernie backs Biden for the same reason many of my people in swing states will vote for Biden, harm reduction.

Let me explain something to you. Trump is the more dangerous candidate. Dangerous to the institutions that kept this country going for it's brief history, and dangerous to those who have the guts to fight the growing american fascism directly. That doesn't make Biden any better, he sucks as much as anyone who's run in my lifetime.

However, neither candidate is going to do anything substantial for worker's rights, income inequality, criminal justice reform, or the environment.

A Biden win just means the liberals can go to brunch again and then go back to sleep. The real work to be done to improve the situation for workers will go on as it has; organization and mobilization at the grass roots level.

So you are saying you want to live in danger for another 4 years.

Edited: 10/20/2020 at 07:58 AM by HAPDigital
 10/20/2020 07:59 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

You keep saying things that simple aren't true. Compare Obama's environmental record to that of Trump, then get back to me. Then do the same for workers rights, income equality and criminal justice.

If they are the same, why are Republicans so dead set against a Biden presidency?

I was right.
 10/20/2020 08:07 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

So you are saying you want to live in danger for another 4 years.

No, I'd rather Biden wins, but that doesn't make him suck any less.

What's Biden going to do, rejoin the Paris agreement? Too little, too late. Workers and wealth? Well, it's a tell that he reassured his big business buddies that nothing would change.

That's the infuriating thing about liberalism, it's all about appearances. Talk the talk, do the pony show, then go behind the curtain and service those who hold real economic power under capitalism. And I'm sure crime bill Joe feels awful bad about helping create the carceral state we live in today.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

10/20/2020 08:15 AM

jdbman

No, I'd rather Biden wins, but that doesn't make him suck any less.
rt

Fine, whatever it takes.

Down with the tyrant. Everything will not be fixed, hopefully we can just get the conversation going.

It will be helpful to replace the tRump sycophants like:

Collins, Jordan, Graham, Cruz, McConnel, et all.

Also, most likely will need to " Pack the Court"

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 10/20/2020 08:33 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

And neither option will do a damn thing to improve material conditions for workers.

Maybe, but the "same as we have now" option will certainly result in things getting a lot worse. For everybody.

This is not "a make things wonderful' election, this is a "slow down the damage" at best choice.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 10/20/2020 08:57 AM

jdbman

"This election, former RNC Chair and a lifelong Republican, Michael Steele, is voting to restore the soul of our nation.

He's voting for Joe Biden."

10/20/2020 09:11 AM

fishkller

Michael Steele has been hilarious ripping on Trump on MSNBC lately..

10/20/2020 09:57 AM

RustyTruck

As long as you guys understand what you're getting. The Dems are now the new old Republican Party

10/20/2020 10:09 AM

fishkller

Really? You've never brought that up before

10/21/2020 05:02 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck As long as you guys understand what you're getting. The Dems are now the new old Republican Party
I prefer a Republican of my grandfather's generation to the George Wallace Democrats that have taken over the GOP. I actually am pretty closely aligned with Republican's of his era. They had a sense of civic duty, didn't hate unions, and understood how taxes needed to fund infrastructure, science, and research. They founded the Chesapeake Bay Foundation and supported the multistate Chesapeake Bay Agreement that Trump's Commerce Secretary and EPA admins fucked. They became infected with Raygunomics and learned to pander to the religious right and it has been downhill from there. Hell, they are actively courting the Q and Alex Jones crowd now. I definitely differ from the old Republicans' country club mentality with regard to race and gender roles but they had a lot of stuff right back when Eisenhower was undermining that fuckhead McCarthy and signing the National Defense Education Act.

10/21/2020 05:33 AM

Cole

A decent human being McCain style Republican (without the constant calls for war of course) or Trump?

That's an easy question.

I was right.

Edited: 10/21/2020 at 05:34 AM by Cole
 10/21/2020 09:02 AM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: scombrid

And neither option will do a damn thing to improve material conditions for workers.

Both sides are the same eh? What has the GOP done to the courts in the last 3.5 years? How do the conservative supreme court findings here lately treat workers? How about the GOP Department of Heath and Human Services, Federal Communications Commission, Securities and Exchange Commission, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Department of Energy, EPA? Their impact on workers is the same under McConnell/Trump as under Obama/Biden? Really? How about Desantis' judicial appointments. Have you not noticed that his appointments are all very young corporate lawyers and lobbyists? At least Scott, Crist, and Bush elevated judges and trial lawyers from lower courts. Desantis is doing just like Trump and appointing corporate lickspittle handed to him by A.L.E.C. But keep playing the "both sides are just as bad" card.

what they did to the courts? huh, it seems the dem plan to coronate hellary failed and they failed to fill those positions. as your fearless moron obama said; elections have consequences. grow up and accept it
 10/21/2020 09:15 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo

Originally posted by: scombrid

Both sides are the same eh? What has the GOP done to the courts in the last 3.5 years? How do the conservative supreme court findings here lately treat workers? How about the GOP Department of Heath and Human Services, Federal Communications Commission, Securities and Exchange Commission, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Department of Energy, EPA? Their impact on workers is the same under McConnell/Trump as under Obama/Biden? Really? How about Desantis' judicial appointments. Have you not noticed that his appointments are all very young corporate lawyers and lobbyists? At least Scott, Crist, and Bush elevated judges and trial lawyers from lower courts. Desantis is doing just like Trump and appointing corporate lickspittle handed to him by A.L.E.C. But keep playing the "both sides are just as bad" card.

what they did to the courts? huh, it seems the dem plan to coronate hellary failed and they failed to fill those positions. as your fearless moron obama said; elections have consequences. grow up and accept it

WOOOSH!

And again the point goes zooming right over Chugger's head. lol

I was right.
 10/22/2020 04:28 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

And for those of you who engage in vote shaming, it's a bad look really. Maybe next time you should choose a better candidate.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 10/22/2020 06:03 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

The real work to be done to improve the situation for workers will go on as it has; organization and mobilization at the grass roots level.

What work to improve the situation of workers must be done?

What workers are we talking about again?

I feel like now is the best time in history to be a worker

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 10/22/2020 06:26 AM

Greensleeves

Biden and Dems want to increase the minimum wage and provide healthcare to people. And among many other things they support organized labor and extending overtime laws to cover people higher labor rates money.

Yet here's Russki "the parties are alike in my commie opinion."
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Jo Jorgenson 2020

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146493 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .