Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Jo Jorgenson 2020
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/19/2020 06:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/22/2020 07:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: stokedpanda I feel like now is the best time in history to be a worker
My grandfather and folks of his generation that raised a family on a career at Newport News Shipbuilding and Drydock Company might disagree. But I don't think we need any big make-work programs and such either. Mostly need a fair tax structure that adequately funds infrastructure, security, and management of "the commons" also known as environmental stewardship of common things like air, water, and fish. It is horseshit for middle income to be taxed harder than capital gains and dividends. It is creating a situation where the merchant class are being tasked to fund the folly of the lords of the land. Taxes, fines, and fees shouldn't disproportionately impact poor people but that is the way it works right now. The Sackler Family can pay a 200,000,000 fine on the 10,000,000,000 worth of ill gotten gains from the pill popper trade like it is nothing. But a speeding ticket for some kid just out of school with no accumulated wealth could break him. Tripping toward third world kelptocracy or feudal Europe in the structure of our society.

-------------------------

10/22/2020 09:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Any so called crime punished with a fine is only a crime for poor people.

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Jo Jorgenson 2020

<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .