Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Economic Update
Topic Summary: With Professor Wolff
Created On: 11/13/2020 06:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/29/2020 07:11 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: scombrid

We are just fucked. The oligarchs installed Trump to be a smoke screen while they un-did all of the "regulatory state" that at least made a show of policing stock trades and financial shenanigans, protecting the environment, etc... Look at was Trump/McConnell did to SEC, FCC, EPA, etc... Big bonus was that they got to loot the Treasury in a big way with the McConnell/Ryan tax cut without putting one dime of that back into the productive economy. Then they got to do it again with the federal non-response to covid. They did a big orchestrated sell off. Then they got Congress to pass a stupid untargeted stimulus and they have siphoned that off and used it to buy back the stocked at cut rate prices. That whole game just took our retirement accounts for a ride down and back up while they extracted value from the whole thing. A proper response to Covid would have spent all that stimulus money directly paying restaurants, theaters, etc... in areas of community spread to idle. Nope, they fucked the small guy and boosted the shit out of Walmart, Home Depot, and Amazon. Shut down a restaurant in Topeka and send stimulus checks to Fargo. I'd say that was stupid but I am pretty sure they did it on purpose. Fucking Pelosi and Schumer are complicit. I think they are stupid and got played. But a communist revolution is no answer, nor is taking actions that support what McConnell and Trump have been doing. You can't play "both sides are just as bad" if you honestly compare the Obama administration to Bush or Trump.

Well, put and I believe this is why Pelosi has balked on the new stimulus. Republicans would only deal if a law was passed that corporations couldn't be sued when they forced people back to work and said employees got infected. They are also against state money and money for small businesses. Democrats have finally found a spine.

-------------------------
I was right.
 11/29/2020 07:26 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Yeah I think that the Crats went along with the stimulus because it was so that or the Republicans were going to do nothing and crash everything. Starting to hate compromises that give us shit like the ACA. Return

11/29/2020 07:44 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

They need to borrow from Trump and go it alone when the other party obstructs. Personally, I think that sucks, it's not how this country is supposed to work, but there comes a time when you fight fire with fire.

But then again, they might control it all when Georgia is all said and done.

I was right.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Economic Update

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .