Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Heartbreaking. What Covid Does To You Written By A Viera Resident From Her Hospital Bed.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/26/2020 11:16 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/26/2020 11:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I got this off of Nextdoor:

Heartbreaking. What Covid Does To You Written By A Viera Resident From Her Hospital Bed.

This is a post by one of our Viera residents. It was posted on Facebook by her on November 9th from her hospital bed. She wanted others to know the awful things that Covid does to you and how quickly it happens.

It would be her last post as a short 7 days later, November 16th she passed away from her Covid. She was 69 years old. She and her partner just moved to Viera in August of this year.

She played Bocce on October 29. She was at the community pool on October 30 healthy and seemingly well....

The rest of her story in her own words....

I have always believed that Facebook is not the venue to air your personal business. So I have kept what's below private until now because I haven't seen personal struggles with Covid on Facebook so I offer this as a Public Service Announcement not a political Statement. It dawned on me I must know someone who can benefit from this Covid Journey my family and I are on.

There is Scott 49 good health Some heart issues; Gena 48 good Health; John 73 diabetes 2 but good health and me 69 good health but breast cancer 12 years ago.

We started to be more covid comfortable and I even once recently went into a grocery store. I opted for delivery a long time ago.

We took an October trip to Chicago and Cleveland with no problems had a great time. When we got back I had a pedicure 1st in six months and voted the same day. I also went out to eat at our favorite sushi place. We had pregame Dolphins tickets and off we went.

Hardrock Stadium did an amazing job and I was never less than 6 feet from someone and to top it off the Dolphins won. Scott and Gena still work they are mask and hand washing compliant.

Most of our office employees work at home now so the offices are pretty empty except for homeowners that walk in. They voted, spoke with clients, they have gone to Disney not the week before the game but again are over compliant and treated the trick or treaters.

So on the way to Miami, Scott gets a tickle in his throat. None of us thought anything about it. By the time we headed home it turned into a slight cough. By Monday he felt very weak. By Tuesday he was sick and he went and got tested for Covid and tested positive. Wednesday John, Gena and I went and tested for Covid and we tested positive. Tuesday evening I felt very tired. Wednesday I could barely walk.

Scott has no idea where he got it. We are sure we got it from Scott on the way home from the Dolphins game.

Today Scott still very sick but his oxygen saturation is high 98 and fever is low. Gena didn't get really sick but I think taking care of the three of us has worn on her and she is starting to get sick but still no fever and oxygen's at 98.

John had a little fever for a while and slept a lot for a couple days but today is fever free with oxygen at 98.

Me on the other hand I'm writing this from the hospital. I was admitted Sunday morning with oxygen of 86 & 103 fever. I have Covid pneumonia. I'm on The Trump cocktail. I don't remember being told it had to be given in an IV. Also getting Blood Plasma.

I have never been so sick. I didn't have the energy to walk to the bathroom and if you know me and work ethic it is gone. I am scared, alone, and fighting off panic attacks even though I know people love me.

John has memory loss and is scared and confused and can use phone calls. If you need his number PM me.

It's taking all my energy to write this but they say I will get better by the end of the year.

The moral of this story is don't let your guard down. Wear your mask. Wash your hands, you don't know where it's coming from or who it's going to hit. We are all in this together.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You

Edited: 11/26/2020 at 11:21 AM by dingpatch
 11/26/2020 08:52 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

the real moral of the story is to skip the fuggin dolphins game
 11/27/2020 03:41 AM

910surfer

Joined Forum: 10/28/2017

Sorry but that sent a heart breaking story.
 11/30/2020 06:51 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: StirfryMcflurry the real moral of the story is to skip the fuggin dolphins game
Yep. Gator games are much better. Been to three of those. All good.

I :heart; Q
 11/30/2020 07:01 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: StirfryMcflurry

the real moral of the story is to skip the fuggin dolphins game[IMG][/IMG]

Yep. Gator games are much better. Been to three of those. All good.

I scrolled down expecting something dumb, and as usual, T-fap didn't disappoint!

Score another one for the moron!

Lawyer? Yea sure. lol

I was right.
 11/30/2020 07:37 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Scott has no idea where he got it. We are sure we got it from Scott on the way home from the Dolphins game.... That is what is missing from the narrative... she played Bocce, went to the pool, went to Chicago and Cleveland, went to the grocery store, had a pedicure, Saw clients who had voted and gone to Disney... None of those things got her sick... Sitting in a car for several hours with somebodyelse that was sick caused this... number one rule is if you are sick or exposed, isolate yourself. number two rule is if you are high risk protect yourself... She is 69 ... but breast cancer 12 years ago... That makes her high risk.. Moral of the story is If you are sick or high risk wear a mask and self isolate.... Protect yourself and those you love...

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .