Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Neera Tanden
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/30/2020 07:20 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/30/2020 12:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

"After my parents were divorced when I was young, my mother relied on public food and housing programs to get by. Now, I'm being nominated to help ensure those programs are secure, and ensure families like mine can live with dignity. I am beyond honored."

Neera Tanden

-------------------------
So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 11/30/2020 01:02 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Why Neera Tanden, Biden's new pick for a top economic role, has been called a terrible leader and 'impossible to trust' by some of her former colleagues

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 11/30/2020 01:11 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Oh I get it. Russki has his head so far up Bernie's ass that when he farted it blew out most of his brains.

"She has been a vocal critic of U.S. Senator and former presidential candidate Bernie Sanders, his policy proposals, and his supporters. She has also been subject to criticism by Sanders' supporters"

Get over it. Bernie is the past not the future. Even the old angry man is on the Biden/ Harris train now.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 11/30/2020 01:16 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Yes jdb!

Love the article headline, sounds like twitler.

Let's try. Qombshell: "Some former NSR forum members say Russki has no backbone".

Edited: 11/30/2020 at 01:17 PM by Greensleeves
 11/30/2020 01:23 PM

RustyTruck

Uh, yeah, ok guys; I suppose anyone who isn't on the Biden train is [insert personal attack]. Way to show how much better you are than the trumpists.

I'm going to go ahead and say that a corporate shill who studied at the Hillary Clinton school for elitist identity politicians and outs sexual harassment victims isn't someone I consider fit for leadership.
But she needs 51 votes in the Senate anyway, so maybe Bernie will forgive her and then you just need a couple of pugs to flip for you. Shouldn't be too bad, right?

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

11/30/2020 06:19 PM

Greensleeves

It ain't like that commie. If Biden does something $hit it will be acknowledged.

Russki ever the pathetic poser Bernie bro trained at whining. Hey isn't Bern training 101 to start harassing the nominee?

Russki respecting McConnell as his guy.

Edit: Just read that the nominee is a minority woman with humble beginnings. No wonder russki doesn't like her.

Edited: 11/30/2020 at 08:57 PM by Greensleeves
 12/01/2020 04:11 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

Edit: Just read that the nominee is a minority woman with humble beginnings. No wonder russki doesn't like her.

So you admit that you don't even know who she is, but you're going to call me names for opposing her on the basis of her past performance? Your basis of support is that she's a minority woman who by virtue of identity politics must be "good"? OK shit-lib.

Also you do know she needs Bernie's vote to get the job, right? Dumbass.

Edited: 12/01/2020 at 04:11 AM by RustyTruck
 12/01/2020 04:29 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole

Debt will have to be addressed, as will a shitload of other things.

This is what Democrats always have to do, fix Republican fuck ups.

At Trump's current course, the debt will more or less double in the next four years.

They'd do better if they'd fix their own screw-ups. There is a reason people are fleeing prog-run states - Ca., Il, NJ and NY. Republicans are endanered species in those places and yet they are the biggest shit holes in the country.

Intelligence is spreading East. California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico are now all solidly Democratic.

I was right.
 12/01/2020 04:34 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

A pandemic is no time for economic austerity, people need relief. If the Dems go down that road they're going to get murdered in the midterms.

Where is the current talk of austerity, besides the Republicans of course?

And I notice how you failed to mentioned them and their failure to pass another stimulus for the people and went after Biden instead. lol

I was right.
 12/01/2020 06:08 AM

RustyTruck

A pandemic is no time for economic austerity, people need relief. If the Dems go down that road they're going to get murdered in the midterms.

Where is the current talk of austerity, besides the Republicans of course?

And I notice how you failed to mentioned them and their failure to pass another stimulus for the people and went after Biden instead. lol

It's part of Tanden's rhetoric, you'll be hearing about it soon enough, mark my words. Biden and his team don't get a pass because "hey look, the Republicans are worse!". You can play that game to rationalize the Biden admin if you like, but the fact on the ground is that there is no relief in sight for hundreds of thousands of struggling people in this country who have been forsaken by failed government.

12/01/2020 06:20 AM

Greensleeves

Russki of course has no idea who the current head of OMB is (the former being Mulvaney!!!) and what a racist pos he is.

But old poser independent Russki out to protect Bernie from some boogeywoman.

Russki not even a real Bernie bot as their qualifications include grit, an anti-Putin stance, and single mindedness. Flimsy pinkos need not apply.
 12/01/2020 06:22 AM

Cole

I not giving anyone a pass, I'm simply pointing out your hypocrisy.

For the last four months Republicans weren't even in the Covid stimulus conversation, the White House was working directly with the House and yet you attack an administration that hasn't even taken charge yet.

I was right.
 12/01/2020 06:25 AM

Cole

And Rusty, had the Bernie bros voted for Biden, the win would have been much larger. Does Biden owe them anything?

Only if the Dems want to win anything in the future.

It's a two way street; without people in the middle, Bernie style politics stands no chance and we will get another Trump.

I was right.
 12/01/2020 06:33 AM

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

WWII bomber pilots said you know when you're over the target when you're catching flak.

I take the hearty discussion about Neera Tanden's potential nomination as a good thing.

BTW, the Office of Management & Budget has seen 4 Directors in the Trump Administration; hopefully, this revolving door of top managers won't be seen under Biden.
 12/01/2020 06:51 AM

Greensleeves

good points follyd
 12/01/2020 07:44 AM

RustyTruck

Well I guess I'm over the target then Folly.

I would fully expect that anyone serving in trump's government was a corrupt lackey. That's a given.
The fact that some of you guys will use that to gloss over bad choices by Biden is telling.

Some of you guys just want to go to brunch, and don't want want have to pay any attention to politics anymore. Hey look! Biden is nominating women and minorities! The "resistance" has won!
Identity politics is all for show.

I don't like a shady Dem any more than I like a shady Pug. And Green - you're just an angry guy for some reason, but you can seriously fuck off with the personal attacks.

12/01/2020 07:51 AM

Cole

If or when Biden's people do something stupid I'll take it up then, but as for now...Bye Bye Donnie!

I was right.
 12/01/2020 07:57 AM

Greensleeves

She would be a fine Director of OMB.

Bernie bots (pretend ones too) trying to poke holes in Biden's plans and looking for low hanging fruit. Now aligning with douche bags like Tom Cotton, Ted Cruz and other hateful $hitbags.

Fighting against a minority woman from humble beginnings is a loser. Well like Bernie himself.
 12/01/2020 08:14 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

And Rusty, had the Bernie bros voted for Biden, the win would have been much larger. Does Biden owe them anything?

Only if the Dems want to win anything in the future.

It's a two way street; without people in the middle, Bernie style politics stands no chance and we will get another Trump.

Or Trump again. The progressive left is what gave rise to Trump and hardened his base during his presidency. No thank you. Anything that slows down or even attempts to slow down the polarization of this country is a good thing. Both the left and right needs a hard shift towards the middle because it is the only way we can have an actual functioning government without burning it all down. We are barely escaping an attempt from a sitting president to completely undermine our democracy as it is.
 12/01/2020 08:18 AM

Greensleeves

"The progressive left is what gave rise to Trump and hardened his base during his presidency." Agreed. "Progressive Left" not a bad thing if not tribal but they are easily manipulated to cut off their own heads and in return get nothing.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Neera Tanden

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .