Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The Washington Post's view of the holidays, , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/01/2020 04:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/01/2020 04:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

https://s2.washingtonpost.com/...6&linknum=1&linktot=53

The Washington Post
Coronavirus Updates
Important developments in the pandemic.

Angela Fritz By Angela Fritz
with Avi Selk

The Post's coronavirus coverage linked in this newsletter is free to access from this email.

The latest

The most obvious lesson from Thanksgiving? Public health messaging from officials and experts is not working. They told us to stay home and stay distanced, but we gathered. They told us not to travel, but we flew.

Now they are terrified of a pandemic Christmas: If Americans repeat their Thanksgiving actions, the country's already catastrophic situation could reach levels where hospitals are forced to choose which patients to save and which to let die, and where lockdowns become unavoidable.

A Nebraska man who was in otherwise good health didn't take covid-19 seriously, but being hospitalized "made a believer" out of him, he said. As the number of people who are heeding guidelines trends downward, experts are debating what it will take to get Americans to shift their behavior.

Being told to stay away from family and friends at the holidays is difficult, especially during an extended public health crisis, and there is plenty of evidence that the pandemic is exacting a severe psychological toll. Depression and anxiety are up, alongside drug use and alcohol consumption. Suicidal thoughts are increasing, particularly in young adults. Here are some ways experts say we can be there for loved ones, even if we can't be there. And a psychologist's advice about how we can keep our own sadness from evolving into depression.

A bipartisan group of senators unveiled an approximately $908 billion stimulus proposal Tuesday, aiming to break a months-long partisan impasse. President-elect Biden's economic team is also planning an ambitious recovery plan.

Scott Atlas, President Trump's pandemic adviser, resigned Monday after becoming widely disliked in the White House. Atlas embraced a controversial strategy of urging Americans to return to work and school with little restriction, and spent months feuding with the coronavirus task force's other doctors. He was the only medical adviser the president met with regularly for several months. (Analysis: Atlas will forever be the face of surrender to the coronavirus.)

-------------------------
Dora Hates You

Edited: 12/01/2020 at 04:04 PM by dingpatch
 12/02/2020 03:12 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

what can be done?
 12/02/2020 04:51 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

All you can do it look after your family and friends. Assume anyone you come in contact with outside your cell is infected.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 12/02/2020 05:07 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

"All you can do it look after your family and friends." Yep. Lay low a bit. It will be over soon enough.

Recognize this happening: "Depression and anxiety are up, alongside drug use and alcohol consumption. Suicidal thoughts are increasing, particularly in young adults." Keep calling and making sure people are OK. Reinforce to them this is temporary.
 12/02/2020 05:20 AM

RustyTruck

Second worst thing to being separated from family is being locked in with them 24/7.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

12/02/2020 05:43 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

wait.. I thought it was "over!" ...???

When America was "great"
 12/02/2020 06:15 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Dora Hates You
 12/02/2020 08:34 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Yep, with the exception of cowardly progs, we're done with this. To be precise, we were done with this in May. It really is time that you progs move on to your next panic. This has been tiresome for quite a while now.

I :heart; Q
 12/02/2020 08:45 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Originally posted by: fishkller

wait.. I thought it was "over!" ...???

"One day it'll be gone... like a miracle!"
--some dipshit

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 12/02/2020 08:57 AM

fishkller

The best thing about Covid is that it's absolutely kicking Tpap's ass..

He melts down about it daily on NSR- the whole thing drives him crazy

his "favorite president" got bulldozed in the election due in large part to the virus

and then of course, he dug himself into a hole with the wrongzest NSR proclamation of all time .. upon which he keeps doubling down over and over looking stupider and dotardier every time

becoming the NSR classic that will never go away

such entertainment, and he's not even in the hospital yet

When America was "great"
 12/02/2020 09:43 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

You are right real and true fish destroyer.

And guess who will be known as the President that ended the pandemic?

Oh yeah baby!

PS Qspank you SuQ
 12/02/2020 09:51 AM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Yep, with the exception of cowardly progs, we're done with this. To be precise, we were done with this in May. It really is time that you progs move on to your next panic. This has been tiresome for quite a while now.

duuuhhuuuhhh........laughably stupid, hopelessly clueless.
What will piggy squeal all the way back home again?

It's a democratic hoax
 12/02/2020 10:05 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Let's get one thing clear, there's nothing cowardly about spending 24/7 with my wife and a steady diet of her organic vegetarian experiments. Within 30 minutes of my vaccination you're going to find me checking to see if my bartender survived the pestilence unscathed.

12/02/2020 11:17 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

I think the best thing WE can do is to follow the advice of the scientists and beat this shit.

The worst thing we can do is pretend we have.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill

Edited: 12/02/2020 at 02:05 PM by WG
 12/02/2020 01:23 PM

fishkller

and a close second is voting Dotard..

When America was "great"
 12/02/2020 02:39 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck
Originally posted by: tpapablo Yep, with the exception of cowardly progs, we're done with this. To be precise, we were done with this in May. It really is time that you progs move on to your next panic. This has been tiresome for quite a while now.
Let's get one thing clear, there's nothing cowardly about spending 24/7 with my wife and a steady diet of her organic vegetarian experiments. Within 30 minutes of my vaccination you're going to find me checking to see if my bartender survived the pestilence unscathed.
You are not a prog.

I :heart; Q
 12/02/2020 03:16 PM

fishkller

Best not to mention Covid or anyone's Covid precautions around Tpapover.. it can trigger his spontaneous mind combustion

When America was "great"
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .