Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Charity can't replace policy....
Topic Summary: So AOC raised 5 Million dollars for Texas in the meantime.
Created On: 02/22/2021 02:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/22/2021 02:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

http://www.huffpost.com/entry/...3b68fc5b66dfc1020359f

Its no day at the beach being the daily target of lies and hate, but crisis reveals character in some, and exposes it in others. Texas must be so conflicted about this. So very conflicted.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/22/2021 02:56 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Where's little lord loofa tossing out paper towels when we need him?
It's all hilarys fault!

It's a democratic hoax
 02/22/2021 05:35 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Direct action gets the goods.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 02/23/2021 07:10 AM

johnnyboy

So if you too are wondering exactly how Fox would report this, there is this; http://www.foxnews.com/politic...rian-lent-jamie-raskin Literally no mention of it at all and an odd piece instead about going vegetarian for lent in honor of her colleague's son who committed suicide. Infotainment. So conflicted.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/23/2021 10:36 AM

Cole

Crickets as usual from the Trumpublicans.

I was right.
 02/23/2021 11:09 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

She is an inspiring human being.
 02/23/2021 11:28 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

So if you too are wondering exactly how Fox would report this, there is this; http://www.foxnews.com/politic...rian-lent-jamie-raskin Literally no mention of it at all and an odd piece instead about going vegetarian for lent in honor of her colleague's son who committed suicide. Infotainment. So conflicted.

hahah they better be careful they may get banned/cancelled by the beef peeps over that.....they cant even "cult correctly" what a shame.

I saw who I thought was a relatively sane person(and charter captain/supposed outdoorsman) burn a patagonia jacket on his instagram a while back due to some trump related brain washing, crazy times!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 02/23/2021 11:38 AM

Greensleeves

"She is an inspiring human being." <-- This

02/23/2021 12:47 PM

johnnyboy

She raised five million dollars for a far away red state that has been fed a steady diet of lies about her. She flew down to Houston delivered water and hit meals. Fled Cruz came back and promptly set to delivering food and water across town. There is no better comparison.

02/23/2021 05:07 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: Cole Crickets as usual from the Trumpublicans.
you been asking for them to do that for years. you finally get it and you're still not happy. Cole-ette rising
 02/23/2021 05:34 PM

RustyTruck

AOC differs from the liberals in that she is sympathetic to the exploited and alienated workers who live down in Texas and turn to trumpism because they see no chance to improve their material conditions under neo-liberal capitalism. She knows that mutual aid at this moment is more important than where Ted Cruz fucked off to with his brood.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

02/23/2021 06:06 PM

Cole

AOC doesn't see herself as Liberal?

I was right.
 02/23/2021 08:00 PM

johnnyboy

She isn't a purist that watches from the sidelines. She joined the corrupt system with the commitment and patience to attempt real change. The odds are against her and her youth may be lost with her strength if she stays too long. She could leave too soon snd never use the lessons. But she's got real skin in the game. She went to Houston to help the Texans snd used her celebrity to raise five million dollars for them. Where are the GOP comparisons.

02/24/2021 05:07 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: Cole

AOC doesn't see herself as Liberal?

The liberals don't see her as liberal. Remember she was an upstart who unseated a long time liberal Dem.

She's a social democrat like Sanders. She is of the mind that if working people catch a glimpse behind the veil and see the system for what it is, they will demand a fair deal. That threatens both Democratic and Republican elites.

02/24/2021 05:11 AM

Cole

So you agree, she sees herself as a Liberal.

Rusty, you do understand that people like you are the reason Democrats struggle to hold onto power. He/she not my kind of Liberal, so I'm going to vote Trump. You are what you complain about.

I was right.
 02/24/2021 06:07 AM

RustyTruck

So you agree, she sees herself as a Liberal.

Rusty, you do understand that people like you are the reason Democrats struggle to hold onto power. He/she not my kind of Liberal, so I'm going to vote Trump. You are what you complain about.

No, I don't agree, I'm not prepared to speak for her, but she's certainly not a "Neera Tanden" shit-lib.

I reject the notion that I have any responsibility whatsoever to help Democrats "hold power". Let them establish a platform that actually improves the materials conditions of workers rather than the party elites, donor class, and nonprofit industrial complex that they currently serve.

At least the Pugs bend to the will of their base, shitty as it might be. The Dems try to groom their base with superficial performative id-pol, and try to cast blame on the electorate when they lose.

02/24/2021 06:22 AM

Cole

All Liberals do not fit under the same umbrella and you view those who don't think like you as the enemy. That doesn't happen in the Republican party. That's my point.

I was right.
 02/24/2021 06:45 AM

RustyTruck

All Liberals do not fit under the same umbrella and you view those who don't think like you as the enemy. That doesn't happen in the Republican party. That's my point.

Sure it does, the Pugs have all sorts of litmus tests of right wing purity. Remember the RINOs?

As for me, I have no party affiliation and I'm free to vote or not vote for whomever I choose. There are "enemies" of honest workers on both sides; one may shout at you and another may smile and shake your hand, but enemies none the less.

02/24/2021 06:54 AM

Cole

...one may shout at you and another may smile and shake your hand, but enemies none the less.

Thank you for solidifying my point as to why Democrats struggle in elections. You are unbending and that gives the advantage to the opponent.

P.S. Rinos voted with Trump 90% of the time.

I was right.
 02/24/2021 06:58 AM

RustyTruck

...one may shout at you and another may smile and shake your hand, but enemies none the less.

Thank you for solidifying my point as to why Democrats struggle in elections. You are unbending and that gives the advantage to the opponent.

P.S. Rinos voted with Trump 90% of the time.

Democrats struggle because a lot of them don't stand for anything. You can try to vote shame the electorate if you want, but that's a piss poor substitute for a pro-worker platform.

Where's the $2K?

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .