Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Apple vs Facebook.
Topic Summary: Data vs software.
Created On: 02/26/2021 05:26 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/26/2021 05:26 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

http://www.npr.org/2021/02/26/...pcoming-iphone-update

Apple says in the coming weeks, the company will update its iOS software for iPhones requiring apps to get explicit consent to track what people are doing on their phones for the purposes of sharing it with third-parties.

This type of tracking - which includes what apps are being used and for how long, what websites are visited, data about a user's location - is tapped by advertisers to create hyper-targeted, personalized advertisements.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/26/2021 06:16 AM

Cole

Apple wants to keep the data for themselves. Their intent has always been to keep their customers in-house.

I'm amazed that people are still clueless to the fact that they are tracked everywhere they go. Traffic information doesn't just magically appear. They are watching you....always watching you!

I was right.
 02/26/2021 07:44 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: Cole I'm amazed that people are still clueless
You are easily amazed. Yes. We know
 02/26/2021 08:10 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

One of my podcasts was asking the question - "how many murders have been captured on Alexa and other "smart speakers" that have live mics all the time?"

I remember everyone talking about "big brother" and surveillance, but who would have thought we would bug our own homes and surrender our privacy for some pixels on a screen or ability to ask a box to do our math problems.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 02/26/2021 08:20 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck One of my podcasts was asking the question - "how many murders have been captured on Alexa and other "smart speakers" that have live mics all the time?" I remember everyone talking about "big brother" and surveillance, but who would have thought we would bug our own homes and surrender our privacy for some pixels on a screen or ability to ask a box to do our math problems.
I would have thought it. For progs, government is the answer to everything. So, of course they are cool with gov't and others listening in. They are enemies of freedom and they are simply being consistent.

I :heart; Q
 02/26/2021 08:32 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I can imagine the AM radio crowd who are still wearing black for St. Limpballs do have an advantage in terms of popular tech vulnerability.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 02/26/2021 11:12 AM

Greensleeves

"I can imagine the AM radio crowd who are still wearing black for St. Limpballs do have an advantage in terms of popular tech vulnerability."

Possibly. These same d-bags were posting and posing for videos of themselves committing crimes that will be used against them in court. Not to mention their inability at working the security settings in any app whatsoever.
 02/26/2021 11:38 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

One of my podcasts was asking the question - "how many murders have been captured on Alexa and other "smart speakers" that have live mics all the time?"

I remember everyone talking about "big brother" and surveillance, but who would have thought we would bug our own homes and surrender our privacy for some pixels on a screen or ability to ask a box to do our math problems.

I would have thought it. For progs, government is the answer to everything. So, of course they are cool with gov't and others listening in. They are enemies of freedom and they are simply being consistent.

Last I checked, these smart speakers are not required by 'big brother' and are purchased completely voluntarily.

This has absolutely zero to do with 'freedom' so your argument, as always is stupid.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .