Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Book Banning
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/02/2021 02:18 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/02/2021 02:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Zeus

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I understand why a totalitarian government needs to ban books but, Dr. Seuss? I mean WTF is this administration thinking? Or are they thinking at all? What will ultimately happen is those books will increase in value so much that republishing will be a no brainier. And Dr Seuss already holds the #2 spot for dead celebrity earners closely behind Micheal Jackson. Children's books racist, my ass. Cancel Culture must end. Progressives started it and only they can end it
 03/02/2021 02:54 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

They are nuts along with being stupid.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 03/02/2021 04:47 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

The government passed a law banning Dr. Suess? Can you provide text of the law. I would like to read it. Sounds egregious. Or maybe a link to an executive order?

Edited: 03/02/2021 at 04:49 PM by scombrid
 03/02/2021 04:51 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

You two be done seen about everything, when you see your elephant crash. See what I did there. I Invoked Dumbo's racist depiction of crows as a historical wrong that now gets labeled as such. Disney still lets you see Dumbo but they warn you there is a scene with a bunch of crows that used racist stereotypes of black people, exaggerated dialect and outdated images. It happened. Disney is now saying that even though it happened, it was wrong. This is a warning on this movie to show you that we know it's wrong but it still exists. That's the same recognition in the old Dr Seuss books.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/02/2021 05:16 PM

tom

Book banning? This place makes me laugh.

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 03/02/2021 05:21 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Fake news. No books have been banned, just lots of faux outrage.

But it's a great time for pugs to pick up copy of The Lorax, which they tried very much to denounce, if not ban, a few years back.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 03/02/2021 07:29 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

It's all a distraction. The establishment wants us to get back to arguing about statues, men using women's restrooms, whether Mr. Potato Head has a gender, and Dr. Seuss so they can go back to randomly bombing people in foreign countries while we are too busy arguing with each other to care. The establishment is back, baby! Four years of Trump made them focus all their efforts on him, despite him overseeing a pretty peaceful Presidency on the world stage. Back to the old ways. Biden can blame others for the problems he helped create over the past 50 years and continue to forward a failed agenda.

When stuff like this pops up, the first thing you should start doing is trying to figure out what they are trying to divert attention from.

Nobody, including Democrats, thinks banning anything Dr. Seuss wrote is a priority.

[IMG][/IMG]

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden

Edited: 03/03/2021 at 03:38 AM by Sniper
 03/02/2021 07:59 PM

follydude

Originally posted by: Zeus

I understand why a totalitarian government needs to ban books but, Dr. Seuss? I mean WTF is this administration thinking? Or are they thinking at all? What will ultimately happen is those books will increase in value so much that republishing will be a no brainier. And Dr Seuss already holds the #2 spot for dead celebrity earners closely behind Micheal Jackson. Children's books racist, my ass. Cancel Culture must end. Progressives started it and only they can end it

Man, Z.

I get it.

When half of your books in your library are arbitrarily wiped out. Sux.

At least you got Where's Waldo.

Feels.

03/03/2021 04:43 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Fake news. No books have been banned, just lots of faux outrage. But it's a great time for pugs to pick up copy of The Lorax, which they tried very much to denounce, if not ban, a few years back.
There were school districts that did ban The Lorax and there was plenty of outrage among the FOX crowd about the Lorax film a couple of years ago.

03/03/2021 04:51 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: Sniper It's all a distraction.
Yes, Trump served his purpose as a smoke screen for McConnell very well.
The establishment
Who is that exactly?
wants us to get back to arguing about statues
It's the OANN crowd that is always raging about their participation losers trophies from the Jim Crow era.
whether Mr. Potato Head has a gender
Who posted about that here? Which news organizations were outrages by that decision a company about degendering their toy that stores its body parts in its ass? Are those entities "the establishent".
go back to randomly bombing people in foreign countries
Look at the piecenik. Fucking crocodile tears.
Four years of Trump made them focus all their efforts on him,
Trump isn't establishment but he put Mnuchin, Wheeler, Pruitt, Ross, etc... in those key cabinet posts. Hmm. Was he just a useful idiot smokescreen then? When stuff like this pops up, the first thing you should start doing is trying to figure out what they are trying to divert attention from. Nobody, including Democrats, thinks banning anything Dr. Seuss wrote is a priority. [IMG][/IMG]

03/03/2021 05:03 AM

Cole

Lies, grifting and attacks on the capital are fine, but for fuck sake, the trans people that no one has ever seen are the real problem!!

You clowns crack me up!!

I was right.
 03/03/2021 05:21 AM

wbsponger

Joined Forum: 08/04/2003

Originally posted by: scombrid The government passed a law banning Dr. Suess? Can you provide text of the law. I would like to read it. Sounds egregious. Or maybe a link to an executive order?
Zeus I am interested in this law as well. Please tell us more?
 03/03/2021 06:40 AM

Greensleeves

God damn these qotard $itches are a sad lot. You'd think them losing their orange boyfriend by a vast majority of American votes would be cause to reflect but no.

Whining about Dr Seuss when the Doctor himself acknowledged he could have been kinder?

hey pos $itches you read twitler's books?
 03/03/2021 06:55 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: Zeus

You dumb, you really really dumb.

The gubbmint didn't do it, Biden didn't do it, and cancel culture didn't begin with progressives. You seem to forget our long history of censorship and cancelling by conservatives, especially conservative Christians.

Anyhow, Dr. Seuss Enterprises pulled the books themselves. Not the gubbmint' you fucktard.
 03/03/2021 06:59 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Liberal trolls and white college kids are the ones pushing this stuff. The rest of you go along with it because that's what you do.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 03/03/2021 07:13 AM

Cole

Huh? I never hear about any of this stuff till you snowflakes post it.

I was right.
 03/03/2021 07:18 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: Sniper Liberal trolls and white college kids are the ones pushing this stuff. The rest of you go along with it because that's what you do.
Zeus is a white college kid? I thought he was an old man trying to figure out why he can't pull the corners of his eyes back, stick out his front teeth, and exaggerate mispronounced consonants.

03/03/2021 07:24 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Originally posted by: tpapablo They are nuts along with being stupid.
After reading these progs' comments, you have to hand it to me, Zeus. I know my progs, don't I?

I :heart; Q
 03/03/2021 07:29 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

The gov't had absolutely nothing to do with Dr. Seuss books. That would be against 1A.

You know who pulled the Dr. Seuss books? Dr. Seuss company you dumbasses

Don't argue with a dotard, they will bring you down to their level of stupidity and beat you with experience

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 03/03/2021 08:24 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Teddy Cancun Cruz should have "got the hook" when he was reading Green Eggs and Ham on the Senate floor!
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Book Banning

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .