Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The fall of New York
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/05/2021 10:38 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/05/2021 10:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Was reading where NY passed new personal income and business taxes to make it's top rate the highest int he country. People are fleeing that shit hole as it is and, now, they are encouraging more to leave. And, due to its stupid lockdown, it has destroyed many businesses. So what to do about that? Tax them more. Get ready for more New Yorkers down here.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 04/05/2021 02:59 PM

follydude

Maybe you were reading this on the wall of a bathroom stall on I-95. There's no source for your dire message provided.

I, however, do have sourced information that is as recent as real estate data from February, 2021.

New sales up 24%
Median sales price up 22%
List price received up 2%
Days on market down 18%

https://www.nysar.com/wp-conte.../NYSAR_MMI_2021-02.pdf

So, maybe you're right. People are leaving, but someone is taking the place of those leaving.

04/05/2021 03:46 PM

tpapablo

No, we have the numbers. People are without question leaving. Will raising taxes on those left staunch the flow? We shall see.

04/05/2021 04:28 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I took a rural road today that I haven't been on in several years and was gobsmacked by the number of new houses. There must be a thousand of them and they have all been constructed within the last three years. They are plowing the wetlands east of the Orlando airport and filling them with condos. Moss Park, just north of Kissimmee is now encased in wood frame apartments. The amount of stress on the resources must be staggering and I'm sure none of that was factored in.

Now add the stupid fucking law passed by Rick Scott that protects the polluters and you get things like the gypsum spill and the current asshole governor saying the water is fine and it's no big deal.

More people, less regulation...what could go wrong?

We seriously need to vote these assholes out before Florida is turned into a complete environmental shithole.

I was right.
 04/06/2021 08:10 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

I took a rural road today that I haven't been on in several years and was gobsmacked by the number of new houses. There must be a thousand of them and they have all been constructed within the last three years. They are plowing the wetlands east of the Orlando airport and filling them with condos. Moss Park, just north of Kissimmee is now encased in wood frame apartments. The amount of stress on the resources must be staggering and I'm sure none of that was factored in.

More people running from oppressive Governments coming into Florida what could go wrong?

The people of New York and California seriously need to vote these assholes out so that they don't have to flee their own states and overrun Florida.
They need to fix the problems at the source, Albany, New York City, Sacramento and not bring this shit to Florida...

04/06/2021 08:17 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I would expect NY and California aren't sad to see a lot of folks go. Sad to see Florida go down hill, but there's nothing to stop the destruction as long as there's money to be made.

And people move around. It's what we do.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/06/2021 09:12 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: somebodyelse I took a rural road today that I haven't been on in several years and was gobsmacked by the number of new houses. There must be a thousand of them and they have all been constructed within the last three years. They are plowing the wetlands east of the Orlando airport and filling them with condos. Moss Park, just north of Kissimmee is now encased in wood frame apartments. The amount of stress on the resources must be staggering and I'm sure none of that was factored in. More people running from oppressive Governments coming into Florida what could go wrong? The people of New York and California seriously need to vote these assholes out so that they don't have to flee their own states and overrun Florida. They need to fix the problems at the source, Albany, New York City, Sacramento and not bring this shit to Florida...
Have seen the same thing. Have developments in places I would have bet would never be developed. Mims, where I have my farm is going quickly. Mims? NY and Ca., unfortunately show no signs of correcting their problems. And, they really have no incentive to. The smart people have moved out and dem pols' constituency is almost soley comprised of idiots like the progs on NSR. And, they are perfectly content to have state and the country ruined. Even the dumbest of animals know not to shit where they live. Not progs.

04/06/2021 09:51 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Going back to medieval times, during a pandemic people try to leave cities. New York will be fine.

Folks over in Piney Point or people building in wetlands maybe not so much.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/06/2021 10:18 AM

Greensleeves

The low taxes will continue to attract the deadbeats. Meanwhile Qsuqblo fills his pool with reuse water.
 04/06/2021 11:03 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"Only a small percentage of Manhattanites moved permanently to Florida last year. And as vaccinations stir fresh hope that the pandemic's end is near, ebullient talk of South Florida drawing Wall Streeters en masse is already beginning to fizzle."

"The main problem with moving to Florida is that you have to live in Florida,"

Tracking the Reopening of New York City

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 04/06/2021 11:27 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Property values in the major cities will drop and Chinese investors will scoop it up and bail the cities out. New Beijing does have a ring to it.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 04/06/2021 11:35 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Sorry but no.
New York is simply the New Tel Aviv.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 04/08/2021 04:43 PM

johnnyboy

Ask Deathsantis what legacy water is and if he would drink it.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/08/2021 07:07 PM

Cole

So many people are leaving California that the real estate market is booming? lol

http://www.redfin.com/city/169...n-Diego/housing-market

I was right.
 04/09/2021 04:15 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

So many people are leaving California that the real estate market is booming? lol

http://www.redfin.com/city/169...n-Diego/housing-market

Why are you using the microcosm of people moving AROUND San Diego to validate your insinuation when he was speaking of the whole of the fucking state of California?

BECAUSE YOU ARE A COMMIE FUCKBAG!

"There were some numbers that came out that measured migration from July 1 of 2019 to July 1 of 2020. Across those 12 months, California's population grew only by roughly 21,000 people. And that's with a state that already had almost 40 million. So a .05% growth in population. That does seem miniscule."

The other statistic that's really caught a lot of people's attention was that last year, that same time frame from July 2019 to July 2020, 135,000 more people left the state than moved here. And that's only the 12th time that that's happened since 1900."

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 04/09/2021 at 04:19 AM by Fish Killer
 04/09/2021 04:19 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Then of course there are the numbers!

"More than half of California's registered voters have given "serious" or "some" recent consideration to moving out of the state, according to a new poll from UC Berkeley's Institute of Governmental Studies.

Twenty-four percent of the 4,527 registered voters surveyed in the Berkeley IGS Poll said they had given "serious" thought to leaving, while another 28% said they have given "some" thought.

Asked why they are considering leaving, 71% of those polled pointed to the high cost of housing. Fifty-eight percent said high taxes may send them packing and 46% said they were concerned about the state's political culture.

"Concerns about the high cost of housing span virtually every demographic, regional and political subgroup of the state's registered voters," said Mark DiCamillo, director of the Berkeley IGS Poll, adding that younger voters were more likely to worry about the high cost of housing than voters over 65.

The poll, the third Berkeley IGS Poll to be released this week, was conducted online in English and Spanish from Sept. 13 to 18. It had a margin of error of 2 percentage points."

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 04/09/2021 05:54 AM

Cole

All over.

C.A.R.'s December 2020 resale housing report shows that sales increased by double-digits in all major regions in December. The San Francisco Bay Area remained on top with the highest gain of 40.2 percent over last year, followed by Southern California (31.4 percent), The Los Angeles Metro housing market posted a year-over-year increase of 31.6% in single-family home sales. Compared to November 2020, sales were up by 14.3%.

http://www.noradarealestate.co...s-real-estate-market/

Will there ever be a time when you do a simple search before you make yourself look like an idiot? lol

I'm guessing no.

I was right.
 04/09/2021 06:16 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole All over. C.A.R.'s December 2020 resale housing report shows that sales increased by double-digits in all major regions in December. The San Francisco Bay Area remained on top with the highest gain of 40.2 percent over last year, followed by Southern California (31.4 percent), The Los Angeles Metro housing market posted a year-over-year increase of 31.6% in single-family home sales. Compared to November 2020, sales were up by 14.3%. http://www.noradarealestate.co...-real-estate-market/ Will there ever be a time when you do a simple search before you make yourself look like an idiot? lol I'm guessing no.
Learn the difference betwen apples and oranges before you take me on.

04/09/2021 06:29 AM

follydude

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole
All over.

C.A.R.'s December 2020 resale housing report shows that sales increased by double-digits in all major regions in December. The San Francisco Bay Area remained on top with the highest gain of 40.2 percent over last year, followed by Southern California (31.4 percent), The Los Angeles Metro housing market posted a year-over-year increase of 31.6% in single-family home sales. Compared to November 2020, sales were up by 14.3%.

http://www.noradarealestate.co...-estate-market/

Will there ever be a time when you do a simple search before you make yourself look like an idiot? lol
I'm guessing no.

Learn the difference betwen apples and oranges before you take me on.

Hey, at least reveal which exit on I-95 you saw the message...

I posted sources saying the NY real estate market is virile and you say it's tanking.

C'mon, man.

04/09/2021 06:37 AM

Greensleeves

"Learn the difference between apples and oranges before you take me on."

take him on?

Forum liberal elite heroes would have to cut weight, IQ, and reasoning skills in order to drop down to qsuqblo's $hit weak Qotard weight class.

Edited: 04/09/2021 at 06:38 AM by Greensleeves
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : The fall of New York

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .