Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: White evangelicals - some weird stuff there
Topic Summary: lots of q beleivers - creedence issues as usual
Created On: 04/05/2021 06:31 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/07/2021 06:26 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Jesus was an enemy of the state and was judicially executed. That seems to be generally overlooked by those who would use him to defend authoritarianism.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/07/2021 07:31 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Jesus was an enemy of the state and was judicially executed. That seems to be generally overlooked by those who would use him to defend authoritarianism.
Seems we have a lot of amateur theologians on here. Who knew? I always figured you guys for satanists.

I :heart; Q
 04/07/2021 07:45 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

I was highly involved in my church. Did not miss a Sunday for around 6-7 years, even got a nice little pin. While there are some great charitable acts of the church, there is the other side that I saw feeding me a pile of garbage, so I left. Religion imo actually keeps people from realizing the full spirituality that exists. I do believe that Jesus' teachings are valuable, unfortunately the ones that yell the loudest, are the least seldom to truly follow.

I do good things because it is the right thing to do, I do not live under the fear that some omnipresent being is going to smite me down. Unlike dotards I am truly free. Dotards live under the thumb of fear.

It's pretty simple, someone handed this to me many years ago on a business card - 'Character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking.'

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 04/07/2021 08:15 AM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

The constant drum beat fear factor spewed by faux 'et al' is definitely a main tactic - especially 'fear of the other'.. Tune in once in a while to hear but can only take so much of the shrill voices..
    One would think that these Central Americans were a bunch of Jihadists (?sp?) - when in reality Central and South America contain the mosy Christian countires in the whole wide world.. The Spanish Inquisition made sure of that.. Not to mention the reasons why these poor people are fleeing in droves
    Don't get me wrong, as an immigrant I don't think that jumping the line is the way to get in - has so be another solution - preferable keeping them in their own country until their turn comes up.. Start by investing money into the country directed to the poor living there that want to leave, instead of the Batista's.. Forgot the lesson that Batista's inevitably lead to Fidels.. 'Our prior escapades have left a mark - surprised that hombres are actually walking the streets down there like nothing happened..
    But got to be real careful giving handouts that end up as black market currency.. Lots of room for corrupton - we have helped them make an art of it.. One would think by now that we see what that causes - and we are back doing this BS in Haiti as I write.. WTF.. Gotta keep those commies out!!! Forget free and fair election BS..

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
 04/07/2021 08:25 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I think Rusty's point is good to remember. Sorcrates was murdered by the state too. For very similar reasons. Tpap's claim that others are ignorant is easy but did you notice the duck and weave when rusty pointed out that inconvenient truth about the state killing him?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/07/2021 08:41 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

Spirituality will survive the religionists. THe Pharisees are always being exposed. THey are always threatened by the youth.

Are you referring to yourself as "the youth"? Based on what I can gather about the lefties here, I don't think any of you are the youth.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 04/07/2021 09:05 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Those crazy ass evangelicals. What are we gonna do with them???

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 04/07/2021 09:47 AM

wtf

Evangelicals are against sex and for that alone, I'm out!

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 04/07/2021 09:49 AM

johnnyboy

I am not the youth. My kids are. I offer my observations on this based upon my observations of them.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/07/2021 11:32 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy I am not the youth. My kids are. I offer my observations on this based upon my observations of them.
Are the kids in Q yet, JB?

I :heart; Q
 04/07/2021 12:53 PM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches

There's a difference between believing in a god and Christianity. I don't think Jesus said "Fugg the sick, poor and disenfranchized."

Nor did he carry a sword and slash people to death when being confronted.

Evangelicals miss the entire point of Christianity.

Just what we need, the dumbest people on earth offering their views on something they know nothing about.

you seem alright with the amount of inane bullschitt coming out of your tiny trumplike fingers.
 04/08/2021 04:36 PM

johnnyboy

The kids are not in the Q.

04/08/2021 06:19 PM

gdudewe

Joined Forum: 11/09/2011

He Has Raisin

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I noticed it always coincides with their own desires

Susan B. Anthony

Impeach Trump
 04/08/2021 06:22 PM

gdudewe

Joined Forum: 11/09/2011

Originally posted by: wtf

Then they get caught fucking kids, the dog, the neighbor, the lawnmower. You name it. If these assholes are against it,,,,,,They are doing it.

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I noticed it always coincides with their own desires

Susan B. Anthony

Impeach Trump
 04/08/2021 06:55 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Jesus was an enemy of the state and was judicially executed. That seems to be generally overlooked by those who would use him to defend authoritarianism.

Seems we have a lot of amateur theologians on here. Who knew? I always figured you guys for satanists.

I find it funny that the biggest assholes on here are the "Christians."

Have any of you ever actually opened The Book?

I was right.
 04/09/2021 04:32 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

The biggest asshole on here is YOU!

The next 10 biggest assholes on here are the rest of your BIG (Barrier Island Graphics) ILK!

THATS A FUCKING FACT!

QUIT YOUR PATHOLOGICAL LYING!

COMMIE FUCKBAG!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 04/09/2021 04:51 AM

wtf

Originally posted by: gdudewe

Then they get caught fucking kids, the dog, the neighbor, the lawnmower. You name it. If these assholes are against it,,,,,,They are doing it.

Yup - that is why at 16 I left and never looked back. The worst bunch of hypocrites and they don't get that they don't get it.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 04/09/2021 05:21 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Have any of you ever actually opened The Book?

Nah, most of them can't read. They just know what's spoon fed to them by fake preachers.

I read a good bit of the bible as a young man and got a lot from it. Nice collection of old texts and lots of wise things in there. Also plenty of horseshit. But I still have mine on the shelf for reference.

During hard times I like to recall "When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes came upon me to eat of my flesh, they stumbled and fell". Psalms are good stuff.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/09/2021 05:36 AM

Cole

Crackhit, FK, Tfap, Cheater; all Christians. lol

I was right.
 04/09/2021 05:46 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

I do believe that Jesus' teachings are valuable, unfortunately the ones that yell the loudest, are the least seldom to truly follow.

Christianity for the most part fell away from the philosophy of Jesus a long long time ago. Your typical modern evangelical has never read the bible, let alone spent time understanding it or studying it. Most have been indoctrinated into it from birth, never sought to enlighten themselves, and passed down their misguided beliefs on what being a christian is to their children.

There is a reason why religion in the US is failing. It is no longer about Jesus or his teachings. It is hypocritical, hateful, and basically everything Jesus wasn't. It amuses me to no end that the majority of evangelicals are Republican. The GOP is quite literally the antithesis of the teachings of Jesus.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : White evangelicals - some weird stuff there

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .