Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Blunder gun "laws"
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/09/2021 09:07 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/09/2021 09:07 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

By enacting them and appointing a nutjob to the "AFT" he will have to have poor Hunter arrested for lying on the 4473 ATF form!

-------------------------
Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 04/09/2021 09:56 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Why lie in the first place? Isn't that illegal in itself...

I was right.
 04/09/2021 10:52 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Sounds like those AR "pistols" with "arm braces" might become NFA regulated SBR's.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/09/2021 11:40 AM

crankit

^^Lawsuits, Same as the bump stock debacle! And why lie on the form, to ILLEGALY purchase a firearm! (felony)

04/09/2021 02:36 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: crankit

^^Lawsuits, Same as the bump stock debacle! And why lie on the form, to ILLEGALY purchase a firearm! (felony)

What?

Translation please. I don't speak Palm Bay day drinking.

I was right.
 04/10/2021 06:57 AM

crankit

Either do I, but you should be fluent in west cocoa!

04/10/2021 07:35 AM

RustyTruck

Drankit is suggest that they will sue to stop the ATF from classifying "arm braces" as rifle stocks, but I think he'll discover ATF has a lot of latitude on the subject, and classification as an SRB is not a ban, it just requires compliance with the NFA, like supressors.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

04/10/2021 07:37 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

So far the EOs have been reasonable.
Two of them addressed keeping guns out of the hands of unstable people and community awareness, one requests a report on gun running from the ATF, one addresses homemade ghost guns (but does not prohibit hobbyists from making them), and the last address the rifle/pistol brace issue.

So, four of the five are pretty much harmless. The ghost gun issue isn't really an issue as people making their own are usually hobby machinists who don't intend to sell or transfer their crafts anyway.

The pistol arm braces have been on thin ice since they first became popular several years ago. Everybody knows it is an end run on getting an NFA tax stamp for a short barreled rifle. The ATF has come close several times to issuing a ruling on these but haven't.

here is the EO:
Orders the Justice Department, within 60 days, to issue a proposed rule to make clear that when a device marketed as a stabilizing brace effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle, that gun will be subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act.

Personally, I think this is a good thing as was the bump stock ban that Trump did (one of the few good things he did). You can still own a short barreled rifle, or shotgun, but need to get a tax stamp and go through the NFA process which isn't horribly difficult. If you want an SBR go through the damn process. It really ain't that hard.

I like the idea of more rigorous background checks for all buyers, as well as the concept of going through a more rigorous background check to be an owner of the black rifles and high cap mags that were banned (but grandfathered for existing owners at that time) from 1994 through 2004.

My issue is that this is not where it stops.
I know they would like to reinstate the '94 AWB without the sunset clause. That worries me, and if they do I hope they make provisions for responsible owners.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 04/10/2021 at 07:39 AM by Bamboo
 04/11/2021 11:02 AM

crankit

Bump stocks are still legal and if you remove the brace from the "pistol", it doesn't change the overall length of the gun!

04/11/2021 04:06 PM

Bamboo

Bump stocks are still legal and if you remove the brace from the "pistol", it doesn't change the overall length of the gun!

Seriously, you need to stay informed. A little knowledge might save you some time in front of a Federal Judge:
https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/bump-stocks

But i agree that a Stoner/AR type action with a <16" barrel without an arm brace would indeed just be a pistol. The OAL without the arm brace would probably be a little shorter as most arm braces add some length to the recoil tube. With just a bare recoil tube it is difficult to shoulder, and shooting it like a pistol ain't that much fun, nor accurate. Arm braces were just a way to get around having to get a NFA tax stamp for a SBR.

If you want to shoot pistol ARs, go for it. The ergonomics are horrible for a pistol.
Better off with a real pistol in a heavy caliber.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 04/12/2021 at 04:00 AM by Bamboo
 04/12/2021 04:33 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Bamboo

Seriously, you need to stay informed. A little knowledge might save you some time in front of a Federal Judge:

But i agree that a Stoner/AR type action with a <16" barrel without an arm brace would indeed just be a pistol. The OAL without the arm brace would probably be a little shorter as most arm braces add some length to the recoil tube. With just a bare recoil tube it is difficult to shoulder, and shooting it like a pistol ain't that much fun, nor accurate. Arm braces were just a way to get around having to get a NFA tax stamp for a SBR.

If you want to shoot pistol ARs, go for it. The ergonomics are horrible for a pistol.

You are a moron:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI86T8RghWY

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 04/12/2021 at 04:34 AM by Fish Killer
 04/12/2021 04:41 AM

Bamboo

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

You are a moron:

LOL!
That vid has nothing to do with the topic.
Only giving you this one pity reply.

04/12/2021 04:52 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

You are a moron:

LOL!

That vid has nothing to do with the topic.

Only giving you this one pity reply.

Yes it does...MORON!

You can use your BELT to 'bump fire' a semi auto rifle OR use your FINGER to 'bump fire' a semi auto pistol!

FOOL!

(I'm only giving you this one pity reply.)

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 04/12/2021 at 04:53 AM by Fish Killer
 04/12/2021 07:20 AM

RustyTruck

04/12/2021 10:38 AM

crankit

Sixth Circuit Says ATF "Bump Stock" Ban Unconstitutional, Sends It Back to Lower Court; ? by Bob Adelmann? March 29, 2021
Unless the ATF revisits its determination or Congress takes up the issue, bump-fire stocks will remain legal throughout the U.S. under federal law. But several states already restrict their use. California is the only state that explicitly restricts the sale of bump-fire devices, according to Freilich, the LCPGV attorney.

04/12/2021 10:55 AM

RustyTruck

ATF is about to visit a bunch of shit, especially bump stocks and arm braced short barrel ARs.

04/12/2021 10:59 AM

Fish Killer

As usual you are a serious idiot!

"Last Reviewed February 21, 2019"

Moron!

^These are PROVED facts.
 04/12/2021 10:59 AM

Bamboo

Sixth Circuit Says ATF "Bump Stock" Ban Unconstitutional, Sends It Back to Lower Court;

? by Bob Adelmann? March 29, 2021

Unless the ATF revisits its determination or Congress takes up the issue, bump-fire stocks will remain legal throughout the U.S. under federal law. But several states already restrict their use. California is the only state that explicitly restricts the sale of bump-fire devices, according to Freilich, the LCPGV attorney.

Fair enough, that is a very recent turn and isn't the last word.
The ATF hasn't updated their position.

Do what you wish, matters not to me.

04/12/2021 11:14 AM

RustyTruck

Drankit doesn't have a bumpstock, and has no way of getting one in spite of the Sixth Circuit

04/12/2021 11:19 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Drankit doesn't have a bumpstock, and has no way of getting one in spite of the Sixth Circuit

Moron!

http://www.amazon.com/Submersi...&qid=1618251514&sr=8-1

^These are PROVED facts.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Blunder gun "laws"

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .