Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Florida Governor Ron DeSantis vows to close wastewater plant for good after near "catastrophic" breach
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/13/2021 01:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/13/2021 01:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis vows to close wastewater plant for good after near "catastrophic" breach: "We want this to be the last chapter of the Piney Point story"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/f...santis-close-for-good/
 04/13/2021 02:29 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Definitley a mess literally.. Same old same old shit literally.. At first read seems like poop may not be involved - 'just' your typical phosphate industry 'waste'.. A Timely bankruptcy fer sure!!! Saw that shit storm brewing a mile away.. Doncha know.. .. Back to privatizing the profits and socializing the costs - business as usual.. Did any money 'trade hands' in this backroom deal? Using Stimulus money for shutdown? Huh??? Initial shutdown costs of $100 mil? Final total costs? WTF? Sounds like we got some 'brother in law gets the job' BS going on here.. Need to establish 'in perpetuity' long term responsibility and accountbility for these types of (mis-ad) 'ventures' - wonder how much the original phosphate company sold that obvious liability for?

-------------------------
There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
 04/13/2021 02:38 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

DeSantis saves the day! Was there any doubt that he would?

I :heart; Q
 04/13/2021 05:11 PM

Cole

Years of damage has already occurred.

And he isn't going to close anything.

I do love the idea that $200 million in Covid money is to be used for the clean up and the phosphate industry will most likely get off free of charge. That's going to make one hell of a campaign ad.

I was right.
 04/13/2021 05:43 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Private profits, socialized costs, as usual.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/14/2021 06:30 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole Years of damage has already occurred. And he isn't going to close anything. I do love the idea that $200 million in Covid money is to be used for the clean up and the phosphate industry will most likely get off free of charge. That's going to make one hell of a campaign ad.
Hardly any of the trillions of the dems "covid money" is going to anything related to covid. So this is more than fitting. Biden has made DeSantis the hero once again.

04/14/2021 06:34 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole

Years of damage has already occurred.

And he isn't going to close anything.

I do love the idea that $200 million in Covid money is to be used for the clean up and the phosphate industry will most likely get off free of charge. That's going to make one hell of a campaign ad.

Hardly any of the trillions of the dems "covid money" is going to anything related to covid. So this is more than fitting. Biden has made DeSantis the hero once again.

Yea, just something like 97 percent of it is going to Covid things.

Big business gets off scot-free again. Everyday citizens love this shit! lol

I was right.
 04/14/2021 06:40 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

DeSantis saves the day! Was there any doubt that he would?

DeSantis puts a bandaid on a gunshot wound and he saved the day' LMFAO

Perfect example of just how stupid dotards are - 'saving the day' would be preventing this from happening in the first place.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 04/14/2021 06:48 AM

tpapablo

Yep, the guy is brilliant. DeSantis is the hero and he got Dementia Joe to pay for it. He will be a great candidate in 2024. I know what you are going to say: Any idiot can make fools out of progs, so what DeSantis did is no big deal. While there is a lot of truth in that, the people will still see this as a positive for DeSantis.

04/14/2021 06:52 AM

Greensleeves

Tspanq likes the greasy ones
 04/14/2021 09:29 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

He sure loves big government and big spending. I am guessing this only offends you if it's directed at people and not corporations.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/14/2021 01:24 PM

tpapablo

It must really gall dems and progs to see a new GOP superstar emerge. And who do the dems have to run against him? Dementia Joe? Hah, he won't make it to 2024. Kamala? Nope, even blacks hate her. How about Cuomo and Newsome? Eh, probably not. On reflection, you guys have no one but utter jokes to run in 2024. Not looking good.

04/14/2021 01:59 PM

Cole

It must really gall dems and progs to see a new GOP superstar emerge. And who do the dems have to run against him? Dementia Joe? Hah, he won't make it to 2024. Kamala? Nope, even blacks hate her. How about Cuomo and Newsome? Eh, probably not. On reflection, you guys have no one but utter jokes to run in 2024. Not looking good.

Mid on deaths (many uncounted) and high on infection rates, that's some kinda great resume. Deathsantis is really shining bright!

I was right.
 04/14/2021 03:53 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

Mid on deaths (many uncounted) and high on infection rates, that's some kinda great resume. Deathsantis is really shining bright!

Almost ALL pneumonia deaths are called covid!

A crapton of deaths of ANY kind are labeled as covid if an antibody test is run after death and comes back positive! That includes gunshot wounds to the FACE! Car wrecks where there is death by trauma! Murders! The lost goes on and on and on!

THESE ARE ALL PROVED yet nobody has corrected it!

HASN'T HAPPENED!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 04/14/2021 at 03:53 PM by Fish Killer
 04/15/2021 04:56 AM

Cole

Doesn't Covid end in pneumonia? lol

Yes, a small percentage of you Trump types think the numbers are fake but the regular masses know they are real. Deathsantis is average at best. Actually, more like below average in most things.

Mr Below Average for president!!

I was right.
 04/15/2021 06:37 AM

tpapablo

Wonder what is next on the agenda. My hope is that he does a reverse Mariel boat lift of progs to Cuba.

04/15/2021 06:40 AM

Cole

He probably rush more of his wealthy friends to the head of the Covid vaccine line or use more public money to bail out private business.

I was right.
 04/15/2021 06:41 AM

Cole

And maybe protect school girls from trans athletes, even though there aren't any. Whatever it is, it will be something dumb; he's always doing dumb stuff.

I was right.
 04/15/2021 07:07 AM

Central Floridave

Tpap, here is next. Desantis going to raise our taxes...unless he veteos it on his pledged no new taxes 'principles'...

Florida online sales tax bill arrives on DeSantis' desk

It's taken three years of dog-chasing-tail debate among Republicans about whether it's a tax increase or merely a mechanism to collect an already-levied tax, but Floridians could be paying sales taxes on every online purchase beginning July 1.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...antis-desk/ar-BB1fEsHW
 04/15/2021 07:25 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

The money has to come from somewhere and the GOP's magic theory of tax reductions generated a higher volume and therefore more tax money is so wrong, stupid and impossible that they cannot admit it or correct it. The sales tax insulates the rich and falls more to the poor. It gives the misimpression of being a user fee but it's not. It's a budget shortfall fix, it's a tax and it's a temporary fix, not a solution. That's why it works for people who lie to themselves about taxes paying for themselves, not raising taxes to pay for budget deficits and even stolen elections. These people can't manage debt, budgets or revenues. They are even rewarded for it.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .