Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Washington Post's Rogin exposes media for hushing coronavirus outbreak details linked to Fauci
Topic Summary: Rogin dubs Fauci 'godfather of gain-of-function research as we know it'
Created On: 04/15/2021 08:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/15/2021 08:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Washington Post's Rogin exposes media for hushing coronavirus outbreak details linked to Fauci
Rogin dubs Fauci 'godfather of gain-of-function research as we know it'
By Angelica Stabile

Shouting match erupts as Rep. Jordan grills Dr. Fauci over when coronavirus restrictions will be lifted
The House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis holds a hearing on 'Reaching the Light at the End of the Tunnel: Ending COVID-19.'

Washington Post columnist Josh Rogin torched the media for staying silent as the coronavirus outbreak developed into a pandemic under Dr. Anthony Fauci's watch.

In an interview with Megyn Kelly Wednesday, Rogin revealed that scientists who wish to speak out on details of COVID-19 are barred from doing so since research funding comes from organizations like the National Institutes of Health (NIH) which are influenced or run by Fauci.

"I often talk to scientists who say the same thing, that say, 'Listen, we really want to speak out about this, but we can't do it. Why can't we do it? Well, we get all of our funding from NIH, or NIAID... which is run by Dr. Fauci,'" he said on Kelly's podcast. "And so we can't say anything like 'Oh, gain-of-function research might be dangerous, or it might have come from a lab, because we're going to lose our careers, we're going to lose our funding, we're not going to be able to do the work.'"

Gain-of-function research, which puts pressure on the transmissibility and mutation of pathogens, was advanced five years prior to the coronavirus outbreak in China's Wuhan Institute of Virology - which receives funds to conduct related research from the National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) which is overseen by Fauci.

"The head of the funding, the head of the entire field, really, is Anthony Fauci," he said. "He's the godfather of gain-of-function research as we know it. That, again, just what I said right there, is too hot for TV because people don't want to think about the fact that our hero of the pandemic... might also have been connected to this research, which might also have been connected to the outbreak."

Rogin clarified that Fauci did not do anything illegal in administering this variation of research but should still be held accountable "once and for all" for the apparent connection, especially by the media.

"That's what we call a big matzo ball," he said. "People can't get it through their heads but that's the reality."

"We don't have a media environment where we can have that kind of discussion where we can say, 'Ok, listen, scientists are good people. They were trying to prevent the pandemic. Maybe their research got out of hand in this Chinese lab... And maybe we've got to get to the bottom of it. Is that too much to ask?"

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 04/16/2021 at 04:30 AM by Fish Killer
 04/16/2021 04:49 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Trump made them stay quiet. Everyone knows that.

I was right.
 04/16/2021 05:32 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

Trump made them stay quiet. Everyone knows that.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

FAUCI IS THE ONLY ONE WHO COULD!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 04/16/2021 06:56 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

At the moment, that idiot Fauci resides at the top of my list of bad guys. And that is a very competitive position with all the evil dem/prog idiots out there. If I had my way, that bastard would be jailed.

I :heart; Q
 04/16/2021 07:11 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Oh $hit no! Not a shouting match between Jim "hands on" Jordan and Dr. Fauci. The Qotard is strong this mornin. Social security checks delivered?
 04/16/2021 07:35 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

They can't handle the truth.
Notice the china bullshit

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill

Edited: 04/16/2021 at 07:36 AM by WG
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .