Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Pfizer CEO says third Covid vaccine dose likely needed within 12 months
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/16/2021 04:27 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/16/2021 04:27 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Pfizer CEO says third Covid vaccine dose likely needed within 12 months
THU, APR 15 2021
Berkeley Lovelace Jr.

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said people will "likely" need a booster dose of a Covid-19 vaccine within 12 months of getting fully vaccinated. His comments were made public Thursday but were taped April 1.

Bourla said it's possible people will need to get vaccinated against the coronavirus annually.

"A likely scenario is that there will be likely a need for a third dose, somewhere between six and 12 months and then from there, there will be an annual revaccination, but all of that needs to be confirmed. And again, the variants will play a key role," he told CNBC's Bertha Coombs during an event with CVS Health.

"It is extremely important to suppress the pool of people that can be susceptible to the virus," Bourla said.

The comment comes after Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky told CNBC in February that people may need to get vaccinated against Covid-19 annually, just like seasonal flu shots.

Researchers still don't know how long protection against the virus lasts once someone has been fully vaccinated.

Pfizer said earlier this month that its Covid-19 vaccine was more than 91% effective at protecting against the coronavirus and more than 95% effective against severe disease up to six months after the second dose. Moderna's vaccine, which uses technology similar to Pfizer's, was also shown to be highly effective at six months.

Pfizer's data was based on more than 12,000 vaccinated participants. However, researchers say more data is still needed to determine whether protection lasts after six months.

Earlier Thursday, the Biden administration's Covid response chief science officer, David Kessler, said Americans should expect to receive booster shots to protect against coronavirus variants.

Kessler told U.S. lawmakers that currently authorized vaccines are highly protective but noted new variants could "challenge" the effectiveness of the shots.

"We don't know everything at this moment," he told the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis.

"We are studying the durability of the antibody response," he said. "It seems strong but there is some waning of that and no doubt the variants challenge ... they make these vaccines work harder. So I think for planning purposes, planning purposes only, I think we should expect that we may have to boost."

In February, Pfizer and BioNTech said they were testing a third dose of their Covid-19 vaccine to better understand the immune response against new variants of the virus.

Late last month, the National Institutes of Health started testing a new Covid vaccine from Moderna in addition to the one it already has, designed to protect against a problematic variant first found in South Africa.

Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel told CNBC on Wednesday that the company hopes to have a booster shot for its two-dose vaccine available in the fall.

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 04/16/2021 04:44 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The millions of un-vaccinated will let the virus mutate at will. A booster will be the only recourse.

I was right.
 04/16/2021 05:15 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

He didn't read far enough down to see that J&J suggested that this could become an annual thing like flu shots back in February.

04/16/2021 07:18 AM

Greensleeves

Pfizer CEO wants to make money. Shocker.

Don't we get annual flu shots? Yes those of us fortunate enough to have health coverage do.

Hey did FL extend Meidcaid coverage to help FL poor yet? Nope. The QOP is hateful as evidenced by QOP regulars on this forum.
 04/16/2021 07:40 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

This is great! Progs will have to hide under their beds forever or, in the alternative, have to admit that I was right all along.

I :heart; Q
 04/16/2021 08:25 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Rise of conspiracies reveals an evangelical divide in the GOP

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 04/16/2021 09:28 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: tpapablo

This is great! Progs will have to hide under their beds forever or, in the alternative, have to admit that I was right all along.

EXACTLY!

ME ALSO!

^These are PROVED facts.
 04/16/2021 09:58 AM

Cole

You clowns will still be susceptible, we won't.

Right or wrong, you will still be at risk, we won't. I find that quite hilarious. lol

I was right.
 04/16/2021 10:16 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Cole

Thats NOT what your pal Fauci says!

...AND HE INVENTED THE VIRUS!

^These are PROVED facts.
 04/16/2021 10:29 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

For the love of Mike, just shut up for once and let the sane people talk.

I was right.
 04/16/2021 11:00 AM

Fish Killer

For the love of Mike, just shut up for once and let the sane people talk.

FUCK OFF COLESLAW!

YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH FUCKING FACTS!

FUCKING LIAR!

^These are PROVED facts.
 04/16/2021 02:04 PM

Cole

You said Fauchi created the virus, they you tell me I can't argue with facts.

Seriously folks, you can't even make this shit up.

I was right.
 04/16/2021 03:24 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Gosh these chumpfscum goobers are stuuupiiid.
Omg, omg: another shot!! A whole year later!! Auntie Em!
It's called a booster shot you inbred cretins
Sabin, Salk, flu shots,, tetanus, etc.
Fauci invented corona huh pigfish?
And monkeys and pigs can fly...... right out of your enlarged, inflamed a- holes.
duuhhuuhhh

It's a democratic hoax
 04/16/2021 04:40 PM

Fish Killer

YOU HAVE A SERIOPUS PROBLEN WITH ACTUAL FACTS!

Washington Post's Rogin exposes media for hushing coronavirus outbreak details linked to Fauci
Rogin dubs Fauci 'godfather of gain-of-function research as we know it'
By Angelica Stabile

Shouting match erupts as Rep. Jordan grills Dr. Fauci over when coronavirus restrictions will be lifted
The House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis holds a hearing on 'Reaching the Light at the End of the Tunnel: Ending COVID-19.'

Washington Post columnist Josh Rogin torched the media for staying silent as the coronavirus outbreak developed into a pandemic under Dr. Anthony Fauci's watch.

In an interview with Megyn Kelly Wednesday, Rogin revealed that scientists who wish to speak out on details of COVID-19 are barred from doing so since research funding comes from organizations like the National Institutes of Health (NIH) which are influenced or run by Fauci.

"I often talk to scientists who say the same thing, that say, 'Listen, we really want to speak out about this, but we can't do it. Why can't we do it? Well, we get all of our funding from NIH, or NIAID... which is run by Dr. Fauci,'" he said on Kelly's podcast. "And so we can't say anything like 'Oh, gain-of-function research might be dangerous, or it might have come from a lab, because we're going to lose our careers, we're going to lose our funding, we're not going to be able to do the work.'"

Gain-of-function research, which puts pressure on the transmissibility and mutation of pathogens, was advanced five years prior to the coronavirus outbreak in China's Wuhan Institute of Virology - which receives funds to conduct related research from the National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) which is overseen by Fauci.

"The head of the funding, the head of the entire field, really, is Anthony Fauci," he said. "He's the godfather of gain-of-function research as we know it. That, again, just what I said right there, is too hot for TV because people don't want to think about the fact that our hero of the pandemic... might also have been connected to this research, which might also have been connected to the outbreak."

Rogin clarified that Fauci did not do anything illegal in administering this variation of research but should still be held accountable "once and for all" for the apparent connection, especially by the media.

"That's what we call a big matzo ball," he said. "People can't get it through their heads but that's the reality."

"We don't have a media environment where we can have that kind of discussion where we can say, 'Ok, listen, scientists are good people. They were trying to prevent the pandemic. Maybe their research got out of hand in this Chinese lab... And maybe we've got to get to the bottom of it. Is that too much to ask?"

^These are PROVED facts.
 04/18/2021 08:04 PM

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

got proof Smelly Fish? you are basically full of crap. a femboy.
 04/19/2021 02:54 AM

Fish Killer

In an interview with Megyn Kelly Wednesday, Rogin revealed that scientists who wish to speak out on details of COVID-19 are barred from doing so since research funding comes from organizations like the National Institutes of Health (NIH) which are influenced or run by Fauci.

"I often talk to scientists who say the same thing, that say, 'Listen, we really want to speak out about this, but we can't do it. Why can't we do it? Well, we get all of our funding from NIH, or NIAID... which is run by Dr. Fauci,'" he said on Kelly's podcast. "And so we can't say anything like 'Oh, gain-of-function research might be dangerous, or it might have come from a lab, because we're going to lose our careers, we're going to lose our funding, we're not going to be able to do the work.'"

Gain-of-function research, which puts pressure on the transmissibility and mutation of pathogens, was advanced five years prior to the coronavirus outbreak in China's Wuhan Institute of Virology - which receives funds to conduct related research from the National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) which is overseen by Fauci.

"The head of the funding, the head of the entire field, really, is Anthony Fauci," he said. "He's the godfather of gain-of-function research as we know it. That, again, just what I said right there, is too hot for TV because people don't want to think about the fact that our hero of the pandemic... might also have been connected to this research, which might also have been connected to the outbreak."

^These are PROVED facts.
 04/19/2021 02:56 AM

Fish Killer

Well, Fauci DID invent the virus......he paid for it...therefore he invented it!

Seriously folks, you can't even make this shit up!

^These are PROVED facts.
 04/19/2021 05:16 AM

Cole

Well, Fauci DID invent the virus......he paid for it...therefore he invented it!

No, this is just further proof you are a gullible fool.

I was right.
 04/19/2021 05:24 AM

Fish Killer

No, this is just further proof you are a gullible fool.

WRONG!

I posted all of the PAPERWORK...right on this very forum!

That would be all of the PROOF...LEGALLY...that it is FAuci that is 100% responsible for covid 19!

Go find it...COLESLAW...you posted on the SEVERAL posts....every single one!

^These are PROVED facts.
 04/19/2021 06:16 AM

Cole

There are no links, that means it's bullshit.

I was right.
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .