Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Will we ever acheive 'herd immunity'? How much longer?
Topic Summary: With many refusing to take the vaccine, will we ever get back to 'life as usual'?
Created On: 04/19/2021 06:25 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/19/2021 12:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: theglide

WHY if you have been vaccinated should you be mandated to wear a mask???

I believe the vaccines prevent a person from getting moderate to severe Covid-19.

Is it still possible to contract a mild case?

Your mild case might be a death sentence for another person (older, underlying condition, etc).

When you go to Publix, Walmart, whatever, just wear a mask and take it off when you exit, vaccine or not.

Jeeeezzzzeeeeee, why is this such a big deal?

Because it doesn't make sense.....your logic may have made some sense before we had a vaccine and before it had been rolled out but now the vaccines are readily available. People have looked at their own situation and decided for themselves whether they would like to get vaccinated or that they don't feel like they are currently at risk and they would rather give the vaccines a bit more time.

Just stay 6 feet away from people not wearing a mask if it bothers you and mind your own business.

-------------------------
"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 04/19/2021 12:52 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Just saw this related article about Chile on Drudge Report:

Chile Vaccination and Disease
 04/19/2021 01:16 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Another very good reason why everyone needs to continue wearing masks is that some among us are choosing not to get vaccinated.. Quit whining about it and jab up!
    How would you know that some stranger next to you in a public place actually did get up to date vaccinations?
    Will it be mandated that everyone in an enclosed public place wear a totally visible government issued current 'vaccination certificate' around their neck at all times?
    An alternate to this requirement is to continue mandatory wearing masks - regardless.. How do we tell that we have really acheived the mythical "Herd immunity" or not...
    Why the fuck are some irresponsible idiots being allowed to affect my freedom to live a healthy life? Man up and take the jab...
    Better beleive that vaccines are going to be required if you want to go on a quick impromptu surf vaca to some far away exotic destination - 2 types of passports required.. .. I'm happy for this.. Fuck crowded lineups - too old for that shit.. I'm sure that the usual suspects will also have their vaccs up to date.. Here's to empty lineups with old friends!

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...

Edited: 04/19/2021 at 01:18 PM by surfsail
 04/19/2021 01:18 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I believe the vaccines prevent a person from getting moderate to severe Covid-19. Is it still possible to contract a mild case? Your mild case might be a death sentence for another person (older, underlying condition, etc). When you go to Publix, Walmart, whatever, just wear a mask and take it off when you exit, vaccine or not. Jeeeezzzzeeeeee, why is this such a big deal?
Well, you seem to think the things work. DeSantis and I don't. Is it a big deal if we require everyone to go maskless?

I :heart; Q
 04/19/2021 01:33 PM

tpapablo

Why the fuck are some irresponsible idiots being allowed to affect my freedom to live a healthy life? Man up and take the jab...
It is a trade off for livng in a free country. We irresponsible idiots nonetheless have certain rights. Now, one could go to N. Korea where the gov't can make anyone do whatever it wants. But the trade off is pretty steep, IMO. I, for example, am not real happy that another group of irresponsible idiots made a senile person president. But, I will put up with it rather than go to someplace like N. Korea.

04/19/2021 01:38 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: tpapablo

I believe the vaccines prevent a person from getting moderate to severe Covid-19.

Is it still possible to contract a mild case?

Your mild case might be a death sentence for another person (older, underlying condition, etc).

When you go to Publix, Walmart, whatever, just wear a mask and take it off when you exit, vaccine or not.

Jeeeezzzzeeeeee, why is this such a big deal?

Well, you seem to think the things work. DeSantis and I don't. Is it a big deal if we require everyone to go maskless?

It's wonderful when they get proved the morons that they are.

Bravo.

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 04/19/2021 02:02 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I'm sympathetic to Pablo's argument. Being stupid is part of American culture. So just to make it sporting American style I'd like to distribute vaccine darts and air rifles to pharmacists, nurses, doctors, and EMT's who enjoy sport shooting.

Anti-vaxers can have a running start, and there's no bag limit. And anyone caught in a store without a mask gets it in the back of the neck, CCP style.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/19/2021 02:42 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

I'm sympathetic to Pablo's argument. Being stupid is part of American culture. So just to make it sporting American style I'd like to distribute vaccine darts and air rifles to pharmacists, nurses, doctors, and EMT's who enjoy sport shooting.

Anti-vaxers can have a running start, and there's no bag limit. And anyone caught in a store without a mask gets it in the back of the neck, CCP style.

Break out the Ar's!

^These are PROVED facts.
 04/19/2021 02:56 PM

3rdworldlover

Self importance mentality reigns
Stay tuned for more mutations
 04/19/2021 05:51 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Unfortunetly we live in a fourth world version of a democracy where way more were unhappy that we had to live with the most unpopular orange one for 4 years - and only because he had papa putin's help.. Not wasting more time rehashing that waste of time... Revere your 'Freedom' to be assholes,.. I know the base laps that shit up.. Some true american "Heros" there.. Think the independants agree? Elections have consequences & the qop has to find ways to cheat and supress the vote in an attempt to keep in power - no options there....... Keep up the good work with the f'd up unpopular 'positions'... Painfully obvious that the qop still has not realised that unpopular positions are shrinking their 'base' - spoken as an ex-'R'.. Papa boosh lost me way back in '02 - way before declaring 'victory' BS on the aircraft carrier.... Now I'm a 'born again' 'Democrat'... Even got the voting for judges and 'retaining them' shit down pat.. Not that I like wearing masks etc, but have no probs with it at this point.. Save $ going out as much as we used to.. Don't have any probs effectively boycotting places that don't mandate masks close table spacing etc, and have walked out of many restaurants that are too crowded etc for my liking.. Am I the 'loser' here? Hmmmm... Sure don't feel like it... Sure Love my freedom to choose - and I know that I'm not alone..

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
 04/19/2021 05:58 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover Self importance mentality reigns Stay tuned for more mutations
The mutations will most likely happen in India, China or places like that. And then they will travel here. Wearing a mask or vaccination in the U.S. will not stop that process.

04/20/2021 05:24 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I get my second tomorrow and I will get a booster as required. I 100% plan on going maskless all throughout Trumpland. Can I carry the virus and spread it? Possibly. Is it my problem any longer? That's a big NO according to the Right-wingers on here.

I was right.
 04/20/2021 05:33 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: Sniper
Just stay 6 feet away from people not wearing a mask if it bothers you and mind your own business.

You got the backwards. People not wearing a mask should stay 6ft away from other people.
 04/20/2021 05:58 AM

Cole

Goody, it looks like I get to ignore distancing in Trumpland too!

I was right.
 04/20/2021 06:03 AM

Fish Killer

Stanford study quietly published at NIH.gov proves face masks are absolutely worthless against Covid.

^These are PROVED facts.
 04/20/2021 06:09 AM

Cole

Hey Fishy, where do you frequent? I need some place to go to...

I was right.
 04/20/2021 06:12 AM

Cole

To sneeze into open air will be so very liberating!

I was right.
 04/20/2021 06:12 AM

RiddleMe

No it doesn't FK. You don't even understand anything about what you posted from the MyPillow guy.
 04/20/2021 06:13 AM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: Cole

Eh, unless Grindr is your thing, I would stay away from the places he frequents.
 04/20/2021 06:13 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Cole

I Yellowfin Tuna fish this time of year...so about 80 miles offshore due east of Canaveral or Sebastian OR Fort Pierce Inlet!

Can you make it out there?

Got a boat?

Oh wait...(I forgot)....you need to pay to go fishing on someone elses boat!

^These are PROVED facts.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Will we ever acheive 'herd immunity'? How much lon...

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .