Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Huge jobs miss.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/07/2021 06:35 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/07/2021 06:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Dementia Joe already screwing up the great Trump economy. On the bright side, progs will suffer most.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 05/07/2021 08:14 AM

tpapablo

Worst miss in 23 years. And inflation is here. Didn't take long for Dementia Joe and his idiot compatriots to screw up the best economy we have had in a long time.

05/07/2021 08:35 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Look at low-T hoping for the economy to tank. It won't of course.

If anything a slower recovery will be better as it will keep inflation in check. But you can't expect a dumb a$$ like tspanqblo to know that.
 05/07/2021 08:42 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

trump was worst jobs president ever, LMFAO. Obama/Biden built the economy last time, trump destroyed it

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 05/07/2021 08:44 AM

wtf

On another note, 900k dead Americans - no wonder we only added 200k jobs. Another trump failure has come to roost

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 05/07/2021 08:57 AM

tpapablo

Poor proggies. They elected a senile nut job and now they are getting it up the rear end. It is a fact of life, progs, that the stupid and lazy are always going to get the short end of the stick. So you might as well stop your whining and accept that you will always be failures. But do the rest of us a favor and stop voting. As is true in all things, you aren't good at it.

05/07/2021 10:13 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Props for blunder from the two dumbest statements made by the Kool-Aid drinkers union, 25% success is the new 100%--right libtards!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 05/07/2021 10:23 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

As long as there are no "work search" requirements to get unemployment, , , , , well, you get it, don't you?

On the other hand, the restaurant business is another story. Sure, they are having a tough time hiring enough people but, only half of that might be attributed to the no work search/unemployment thingy; the other half of it is that many former workers do not want to go back because they feel it is too "unsafe" mixing with all the people. A lot of that may change once vaccinations increase.

Dora Hates You
 05/07/2021 10:24 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

I guess this is how you direct attention from that booming stock market. I will dust off of a little ditty from Trump times: I dont care as long as my 401K is going this well. Thanks Joe.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/07/2021 10:51 AM

wtf

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

I guess this is how you direct attention from that booming stock market. I will dust off of a little ditty from Trump times: I dont care as long as my 401K is going this well. Thanks Joe.

100%

Qotards only want America to fail.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 05/07/2021 11:40 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy I guess this is how you direct attention from that booming stock market. I will dust off of a little ditty from Trump times: I dont care as long as my 401K is going this well. Thanks Joe.
Not diverting. Just pointing out the cracks in the dike. Dementia Joe is causing a bunch of them. Obama was terrible, and it looks like Dementia Joe is going to be worse. But at least people will be once again reminded how screwed up these dems/progs are and will return a Republican to the White House. Regarding the market, I have no problem with dems spending their childrens' future to further enrich me. Good deal as far as I am concerned. I won't be paying those trillions back.

05/07/2021 11:44 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I know some progs and they're doing great. Looking forward to the roaring 20's.

But a lot of trumpies are still coming to terms with losing the election, and it makes them act out.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 05/07/2021 12:43 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck I know some progs and they're doing great. Looking forward to the roaring 20's.
I bet they are doing great. When progs are getting free stuff and don't have to work, they are in hog heaven.

05/07/2021 01:08 PM

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

Look at the unemployment numbers under Obama/ Biden. Great.

Then look at trumps. They suck.

These are only FACTS. not your usualy nsr nonsense.

Facts? Do you know what they are?
 05/07/2021 01:59 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

It's all about that important 3 letter word, J-O-B-S!
 05/07/2021 02:10 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: theglide It's all about that important 3 letter word, J-O-B-S!
And that was before the dementia set in.

05/07/2021 03:25 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Ann Saphir and Lucia Mutikani
Thu, May 6, 2021, 9:44 AM
By Ann Saphir and Lucia Mutikani

SAN FRANCISCO/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - As the economy revs up to meet the rapacious demand of tens of millions of newly vaccinated Americans, employers say they cannot fill their yawning need for labor.

Take Alex Washut. In January he mapped out hiring plans for his two breakfast and lunch eateries in western Massachusetts and figured he'd need to hire 20 new cooks, servers, dishwashers and other staff by May. He has doubled wages in some cases but has managed to hire only five; most of the time, he said, job candidates never even show for their interviews.

At the same time, the U.S. economy is down more than 8 million jobs since before the pandemic, and Federal Reserve officials say the true unemployment rate is closer to 10% than the 5.8% a government report is expected to show on Friday.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Analysts estimate U.S. employers added nearly a million new jobs last month, but the question is not why U.S. employers hired so many, but why they did not hire more?

What gives? It's a long list, but here are some of the highlights:

* Parents - particularly mothers - cannot work because closures or shortened hours at schools and daycare keep them home to watch their kids.

* Would-be workers remain concerned about health risks amid a pandemic still claiming about 700 American lives daily.

* Stock market gains have given some older workers the cushion to retire.

* Some younger workers are finding jobs in new fields, shrinking the labor pool for the industries they left behind.

* Many employers need to fill jobs requiring skills that sidelined workers may not have.

* Employers complain that enhanced unemployment benefits and other government aid are keeping workers on the sidelines, content to collect a check rather than work for a living. Data released by the Labor Department on Thursday showed more than 16 million people are still receiving some form of unemployment benefit, now more than a year into the pandemic.

"We recognize that the labor supply has been affected by the pandemic... (but) are seeing little evidence though that enhanced unemployment benefits are currently affecting Americans' willingness to work," Whitehouse spokeswoman Karine Jean-Pierre said on Thursday.

Dora Hates You
 05/07/2021 04:05 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

^^^That's going to upset poor queencreep, coleslaw, wtf and rusty!!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 05/07/2021 04:36 PM

Cole

Upset at what? It was a shitty prediction. There are still millions of people who avoid public places that include theme parks, restaurants, bars, clubs and stores. Now factor in the chickens who refuse to get vaccinated and that slows the economy even more.

Next month will be better, as will the next and then the next; 8 million people don't go back to work overnight.

The Markets sure weren't very concerned . lol

I was right.
 05/08/2021 03:53 AM

follydude

Capitalism is great until there is no capital.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Huge jobs miss.

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .