Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: We don't really know how many cases of Covid-19 there really were....
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/25/2021 12:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/29/2021 06:54 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

My family is vaccinated. The people I associate with who aren't need to take precautions; mask, social distance, avoid crowded spaces.

-------------------------
I was right.
 07/29/2021 07:09 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: Pagerow

After some counting, it seems that the numbers may be a bit low...

Covid cases in US may have been undercounted by 60%, study shows

The study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, builds on research which has found the number of reported cases "represents only a fraction of the estimated total number of infections". It has important implications for how many Americans need to be vaccinated to stop outbreaks.

Based on our media's performance over the past 4-5 years, we should all stop reading a story anytime we see phrases like "may have been", "probably", "might be" etc. in the headline.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 07/29/2021 07:14 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Cole: My family is vaccinated. The people I associate with who aren't need to take precautions; mask, social distance, avoid crowded spaces

You fucking Hypocrite... If the CDC says mask up, you better do so asshat...
You are fucking killing people...

07/29/2021 07:19 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: somebodyelse

Cole: My family is vaccinated. The people I associate with who aren't need to take precautions; mask, social distance, avoid crowded spaces

Are you wearing a mask? Are the Trump faithful wearing a mask? Did they wear masks at the height of the virus? Does Desantis say to wear a mask? Are you going to vote for Desantis again in 2022? Should the state of Florida impose Covid restrictions once again? Are you going to social distance? Are Republicans going to avoid restaurants, cruise ships and other confined spaces?

Or am I to wear a mask so all of you can live normally, even though you refuse to get the vaccine?

I was right.
 07/29/2021 08:27 AM

somebodyelse

Cole: am I to wear a mask so all of you can live normally, even though you refuse to get the vaccine

NO, You are to wear the mask because you spent the last year and a half demanding that we follow the Science
You spent the last year and a half saying masks saved lives and that we all needed to be mindful of society.
The CDC now says even if you are vaccinated you need to mask up...
SO YOU Need to mask up just to prove the last year and a half of your life wasn't a Lie
You need to mask up just to prove that 53000 of your posts aren't just BULLSHIT and hot air...
Put the damn Mask where your mouth is and back up a year of your bullshit posts...

Or damn, don't wear the mask, just apologize to the Fish-man for the last year and a half of Hypocrisy...

07/29/2021 08:53 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

You fucking Hypocrite... If the CDC says mask up, you better do so asshat......

What the hell do you think we've been telling you for over a YEAR now? Glad you've caught up with the times...

And why do you think the virus has mutated so much? (Hint... it's because a large group of certain people haven't been wearing masks, and it led to multiple mutations.)

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 07/29/2021 08:54 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

The CDC link says nothing of what you claim. Goddamn you people are fucking STUPID

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 07/29/2021 10:11 AM

somebodyelse

Pagerow: And why do you think the virus has mutated so much? (Hint... it's because a large group of certain people haven't been wearing masks...)

The virus has mutated so much because it was designed to do so....
There's that...
BUT a large group of certain people???
Mutations are from the UK, Saudi Arabia, Brazil, Peru and India... so far...
Research and READ... NPR news feb 2021
This man had living, growing virus in his body for five months, Li says. The same infection lasted for five months.
"That is one of the remarkable aspects of this case," Li says. "In fact, he was highly infectious even five months after the initial diagnosis."

This man had a severe autoimmune disease that required him to take drugs to suppress his immune system. So his body couldn't fight off the coronavirus infection as well as a healthy person could. He would get better for a while, and then the virus would counterattack. He would fall sick again. Eventually, he ended up in the intensive care unit. He passed away five months after the initial diagnosis. Li couldn't believe what they found. "I was shocked," he says. "When I saw the virus sequences, I knew that we were dealing with something completely different and potentially very important."

The sequences showed Li and his team that the virus was changing very quickly inside the man's body. The virus wasn't picking up just one or two mutations at a time. But rather, it acquired a whole cluster of more than 20 mutations. Scientists had never seen SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes the disease COVID-19, mutate so quickly during the whole pandemic. The sets of mutations weren't exactly identical, but they shared important characteristics. They both had about 20 mutations, and they shared several key ones, including a mutation (N501Y) known to help the virus bind more tightly to human cells and another mutation (E484K) known to help the virus evade antibody detection.

Since Li and his colleagues published their findings, several other teams have reported similar cases in which the virus evolved rapidly inside an immunocompromised person with a chronic coronavirus infection.
"So we have a number of examples, around the planet, in which patients' viruses suddenly have a whole mess of new mutations all at once," says virologist Jeremy Luban at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. And other cases have likely gone undetected, he says.
So scientists are starting to think the two phenomena could be related. That perhaps the new variants arose inside people similar to the man in Boston - that is, people who are immunocompromised and have long-term coronavirus infections.

"I think that's the leading theory," Luban says.

07/29/2021 10:18 AM

somebodyelse

WTF: The CDC link says nothing of what you claim. Goddamn you people are fucking STUPI

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) announced on July 27, 2021 that it will adjust its advice to recommend that vaccinated people in substantial or high transmission areas of COVID-19 (defined below) wear masks in indoor public spaces. This GUIDEANCE WILL SUBSTANTIALLY ALTER the CDC's May 13 guidance that largely exempted fully vaccinated individuals from the indoor mask requirement. There has been no change in the outdoor masking recommendations at this time. In changing its masking recommendations, the CDC asserts that current scientific information indicates that the DELTA VARIANT CAN SPREAD DESPITE VACCINE STATUS, warranting an adjustment to its prior guidance.

Below is a summary of the updated guidance based on the media telebriefing:

In public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission, all are to wear masks - INCLUDING FULLY VACCINATED INDIVIDUALS like Cole.

All individuals in K-12 schools must wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status, including teachers, staff, and visitors.

There should be a continuing effort to strongly encourage vaccination to reduce the spread of COVID-19, including the delta variant.

Community leaders should encourage universal masking and vaccination nationwide, regardless of whether or not in a substantial or high transmission area.

Edited: 07/29/2021 at 10:22 AM by somebodyelse
 07/29/2021 10:52 AM

Greensleeves

Can you imagine nobodyelse's chaotic bubble? He/she seems to straddle reality and Qrump world trying to bend fact to his/her fiction. Truth is lies, transparency is obfuscation, flat and onshore is six foot and glassy.

Hey Qook, what are you trying to convey?
 07/29/2021 12:40 PM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

WTF, you are 100% right.

The thing that dumb-bodyelse doesn't get, is that if the virus can't jump to a new host, then it fails to pass on any mutation it may have... halting any further mutating.

Proving that masks work.

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 07/29/2021 12:55 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

Are you wearing a mask? Are the Trump faithful wearing a mask? Did they wear masks at the height of the virus? Does Desantis say to wear a mask? Are you going to vote for Desantis again in 2022? Should the state of Florida impose Covid restrictions once again? Are you going to social distance? Are Republicans going to avoid restaurants, cruise ships and other confined spaces?

Or am I to wear a mask so all of you can live normally, even though you refuse to get the vaccine?

No...but you sure are a HUGE FUCKING HYPOCRITE!

MASK UP ASSHOLE...THATS WHAT YOU BELIEVE!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 07/29/2021 01:58 PM

wbsponger

Joined Forum: 08/04/2003

Originally posted by: somebodyelse Pagerow: The study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, builds on research which has found the number of reported cases "represents only a fraction of the estimated total number of infections". It has important implications for how many Americans need to be vaccinated to stop outbreaks Dr Fauci Drops A MOAB On The Vaccinated: 'The Viral Load ... https://vidmax.com/video/206091-dr-fauci-drops-a... 7 hours ago · Dr Fauci Drops A MOAB On The Vaccinated: 'The Viral Load In The Vaccinated Is The Same As Unvaccinated' Watch as Dr Doom himself lets the air out of the vaccination argument. Fauci claims now that vaccinated people get the same level of Delta virus as unvaccinated people. If the viral load is the same for vaccinate and unvaccinated... Being vaccinated does not prevent the spread of COVID any more than being unvaccinated... The fact that Vaccinated people don't get as sick, well good for them, but since they think they are protected they are not taking precautions and are spreading the virus to their children and loved ones. Thats why the CDC is saying you vaccinated people have to mask up... You are spreading COVID...
"If the viral load is the same for vaccinate and unvaccinated" this is where your stream of logic, if it can be called that, comes unglued. What percentage of vaccinated people get COVID versus unvaccinated? What percentage of vaccinated people who get COVID have the same viral load as those who are not vaccinated and get COVID???

Edited: 07/29/2021 at 02:00 PM by wbsponger
 07/29/2021 04:13 PM

Central Floridave

Mayhew: COVID Hospitalizations Approaching Peak Levels In Florida

https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/...peak-levels-in-florida
 07/29/2021 04:52 PM

Central Floridave

And before you bash Mayhew as a liberal shrew there is this:

In October 2018, Mary Mayhew was hired by the administration of President Donald Trump to run Medicaid, but she resigned less than three months later for a new post under Florida Gov.-elect Ron DeSantis. In a statement, Mayhew said she was "grateful" for the federal job and that the Trump administration's "vision for state flexibility" in the Medicaid program made her want to return to administer programs at the state level.[5] On January 4, 2019, DeSantis tapped Mayhew to be Florida's Chief Medicaid officer. She replaced Justin Senior. On May 1, 2019, she was confirmed by the Florida Senate with a 26 - 13 vote.[6]
 07/29/2021 06:11 PM

Cole

Cole: am I to wear a mask so all of you can live normally, even though you refuse to get the vaccine

NO, You are to wear the mask because you spent the last year and a half demanding that we follow the Science

You spent the last year and a half saying masks saved lives and that we all needed to be mindful of society.

The CDC now says even if you are vaccinated you need to mask up...

SO YOU Need to mask up just to prove the last year and a half of your life wasn't a Lie

You need to mask up just to prove that 53000 of your posts aren't just BULLSHIT and hot air...

Put the damn Mask where your mouth is and back up a year of your bullshit posts...

Or damn, don't wear the mask, just apologize to the Fish-man for the last year and a half of Hypocrisy...

That was to protect good people. You aren't good people. You are lying assholes who are too afraid to get a shot. Don't want to get covid, wear a mask and social distance. I'd skip eating out too.

I was right.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .