Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Just get vaccinated
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/17/2021 07:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/17/2021 11:28 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

They seem to have a problem comprehending that their freedom to swing their fists ends at the extent of the next person's body.

-------------------------

09/17/2021 11:29 AM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Originally posted by: scombrid
Originally posted by: OBX -So your chance of survival increased from the current 98.4% to even a higher percentage?
Measles has a case fatality rate of 1 or 2 per 1,000. Should we stop vaccinating against that?
Scom, I forgot how much you like to dodge questions. Nowhere am I saying to stop getting vaccinated. If your over 65 in the high risk category, absolutely. I'm saying stop making others do what YOU think is right and let the INDIVIDUAL make their own decisions. You know, lets pretend where still in America. But to answer your question, you do you.

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

09/17/2021 11:31 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: scombrid They seem to have a problem comprehending that their freedom to swing their fists ends at the extent of the next person's body.
But they're vaccinated!!! Here comes that circle logic again! No answer to my question about the "coincidence" of an increase spread amongst a more vaccinated populace versus a non-vaccinated one? Hows Israel been doing?

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

09/17/2021 11:33 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Blowbs it's not the vaccinated causing the shortage of beds in hospitals. It takes a minute of googling to confirm that.

Patriot Act? Huh?

Blowbs spewing

09/17/2021 11:34 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Nothing in life is 100%, but death and taxes.

But if you don't TRY... that's on you.

An Alabama couple who trashed vaccines on their YouTube channel died from COVID-19 within three weeks of each other

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 09/17/2021 11:36 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: OBX
Originally posted by: OBX -So your chance of survival increased from the current 98.4% to even a higher percentage?
Measles has a case fatality rate of 1 or 2 per 1,000. Should we stop vaccinating against that?
Scom, I forgot how much you like to dodge questions. Nowhere am I saying to stop getting vaccinated. If your over 65 in the high risk category, absolutely. I'm saying stop making others do what YOU think is right and let the INDIVIDUAL make their own decisions. You know, lets pretend where still in America. But to answer your question, you do you.
There are answered questions all over this thread and you are largely ignoring the answers. Measles vaccine is compulsory to attend most schools. I had to dig up my vax card from decades ago to register for a college class. That is why I brought it up. Your opening post called compulsory vaccination "FUCKING PATHETIC". We vaccinate for things that are a lot less deadly than this current run of Covid.

09/17/2021 11:44 AM

Joined Forum: 07/27/2021

ANOTHER dotard-go-round at the NSR carnival? Competition's getting fierce!

Round and round and round she goes...

Hi. I'm Mike.
 09/17/2021 11:47 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: OBX No answer to my question about the "coincidence" of an increase spread amongst a more vaccinated populace versus a non-vaccinated one?
I answered it on the prior page.
Hows Israel been doing?
Israel's test positivity rate is way below ours and the death rate lower than that. Breakthrough infections happen. You know you can still get smallpox or measles if vaccinated? Recent Brookings writeup on Israel.

Edited: 09/17/2021 at 11:47 AM by scombrid
 09/17/2021 12:21 PM

OBX

Edited: 09/17/2021 at 12:22 PM by OBX
 09/17/2021 12:25 PM

OBX

Originally posted by: OBX What if its the vaccinated causing the spread?
It's not. Vaccinated people are less likely to get infected and those that do have a shorter infectious period.
why is the rate of infection higher now, when more of the populace is vaccinated, then last year when there was no vaccine available?
Different behavior. Everybody took off their masks and went back to the restaurants, theaters, etc... Right at the same time that a more contagious variant came along.
Even more interesting, the rate of infection is higher, yet the deaths are lower?
Younger cohort of infected since the oldsters have the highest vaccination rate, most of the people that are catching it are under 65 now. And treatments have improved.
and we're learning how to treat it? (Which the latter would negate the cry out for vaccines, no?)
Learning how to treat it doesn't negate the need to vaccinate. Not when, for example, Parrish Medical Centers had one covid death in June, four in July, and 50 in August and its president is on the radio almost every day begging people to get vaccinated and telling the world how bad it is for his burned out employees. Better treatment doesn't seem to be helping overwhelmed hospitals anywhere right now.
Ok, so you're attributing the increase in infection rate because of behavior. Thats fair. Then we should see a drastic difference in infection per 1000 between states like Florida (who has been open) and California (who has been locked down), right? And if there is no difference, or minimal at best. Pretty much kills that hypothesis, no? But again, the topic is too stop demonizing and blaming people who choose not to get vaccinated because you are afraid. You're being manipulated to do so, just another topic to drive in the wedge.....

Edited: 09/17/2021 at 12:26 PM by OBX
 09/17/2021 12:30 PM

OBX

There are answered questions all over this thread and you are largely ignoring the answers. Measles vaccine is compulsory to attend most schools. I had to dig up my vax card from decades ago to register for a college class. That is why I brought it up. Your opening post called compulsory vaccination "FUCKING PATHETIC". We vaccinate for things that are a lot less deadly than this current run of Covid.
Missing the point. What's FUCKING PATHETIC is sitting in your corner of fear, demonizing all the unvaxxed because YOU think they should get it regardless of the individuals personal preference.

09/17/2021 12:32 PM

OBX

Originally posted by: Pagerow Nothing in life is 100%, but death and taxes. But if you don't TRY... that's on you. An Alabama couple who trashed vaccines on their YouTube channel died from COVID-19 within three weeks of each other
They choose not to get vaccinated and died. Their choice, and judging by the amount of bigotry espoused on this page, I'm surprised Rusty, 1974, and the rest of the bunch haven't espoused their joy in that fact. Because, you know, they care.....

09/17/2021 12:41 PM

Joined Forum: 07/27/2021

round and round and rou...

Hi. I'm Mike.
 09/17/2021 12:46 PM

scombrid

Rural panhandle FL currently has 1/1000 daily new case rate. Very densely population SF Bay area has 0.15/1000. Rural NE California currently looks like rural Florida counties. LA County is at 0.18/1000 and Brevard is at 0.61/1000. People are wearing masks again in Publix and such so I think vigilance might help us trend back down.

09/17/2021 01:13 PM

OBX

Originally posted by: scombrid Rural panhandle FL currently has 1/1000 daily new case rate. Very densely population SF Bay area has 0.15/1000. Rural NE California currently looks like rural Florida counties. LA County is at 0.18/1000 and Brevard is at 0.61/1000. People are wearing masks again in Publix and such so I think vigilance might help us trend back down.
https://usafacts.org/visualizations/coronavirus-covid-19-spread-map/state/california Where did you get your numbers? According to this source, LA has a 7-day average of 1510 new cases compared to MIA at 1,374. But that is tainting the impact of "behavior influence" because its bringing in population density/numbers to the equation. Again, if what you are saying is true, and the increase in infection rate this year is due to behaviors, we should see that manifest itself in the numbers between "open" states/countries and "locked down" states/countries. Both last year and this year. But we don't unless we cherry pick. The truth is, there isn't much difference at all, certainly not drastic enough for you to willing give up your rights.

09/17/2021 02:21 PM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

So Dade Co., half the size and 1/3 of the population of LA Co., has the same number of infection . Hmm.

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway

Edited: 09/17/2021 at 02:24 PM by tom
 09/17/2021 02:24 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: scombrid They seem to have a problem comprehending that their freedom to swing their fists ends at the extent of the next person's body.
Sometime, but not always. But let's say that you are correct. Should we, then, amputate everyone's fist?

I :heart; Q
 09/17/2021 02:28 PM

tpapablo

Let's make it relevant to a surfing forum. Anyone here ever gotten a fin cut? Most have, I am thinking. Does everyone have Proteck fins? If you gash yourself badly and did not have Protecks, should we laugh at you, say you had it coming, and rejoice in your injury? Does everyone here always wear a leash? Doesn't freedom to surf leashless stop at the other guy's head?

I :heart; Q

Edited: 09/17/2021 at 02:30 PM by tpapablo
 09/17/2021 02:29 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: scombrid Rural panhandle FL currently has 1/1000 daily new case rate. Very densely population SF Bay area has 0.15/1000. Rural NE California currently looks like rural Florida counties. LA County is at 0.18/1000 and Brevard is at 0.61/1000. People are wearing masks again in Publix and such so I think vigilance might help us trend back down.
https://usafacts.org/visualizations/coronavirus-covid-19-spread-map/state/california Where did you get your numbers? According to this source, LA has a 7-day average of 1510 new cases compared to MIA at 1,374. But that is tainting the impact of "behavior influence" because its bringing in population density/numbers to the equation. Again, if what you are saying is true, and the increase in infection rate this year is due to behaviors, we should see that manifest itself in the numbers between "open" states/countries and "locked down" states/countries. Both last year and this year. But we don't unless we cherry pick. The truth is, there isn't much difference at all, certainly not drastic enough for you to willing give up your rights.
Rates? Notice I supplied rate per 1,000 people. Miami-Dade is at 0.5 and LA County is at 0.18. They have one thing in common, dense immigrant pops living in multi-generational households working service sector jobs and lots of exposure risk and at-home transmission risk. That is driving numbers up in both places but LA is better than south Florida and the rural interior California counties are rocketing up like the Panhandle FL counties. LA had a terrible time last winter when everybody said "F it" and went to Christmas parties but it is beating Florida by a mile now.

Edited: 09/17/2021 at 02:37 PM by scombrid
 09/17/2021 06:26 PM

tom

To answer the fist question, you know very well barrister that assault charges, rather than amputation, are provided. Criminalize the unvaccinated? It does follow.

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Just get vaccinated

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .