Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: For the love of veterans...
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/28/2021 06:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/28/2021 06:53 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

3 Trump associates, including a Marvel exec, tried to get the Department of Veterans Affairs to sell vets' medical records for profit

Three associates of former President Donald Trump worked to persuade the Department of Veterans Affairs to sell veterans medical records for profit,
according to emails released Monday by US lawmakers.

The team, who were based at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort, was comprised of Ike Perlmutter, a major Trump donor, Mar-a-Lago member, and a Marvel executive; Marc Sherman, a Washington, DC, lawyer; and Dr. Bruce Moskowitz, a West Palm Beach physician, per ProPublica.

-------------------------
GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 09/28/2021 07:14 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

A less astute person than myself, could reasonably conclude that you guys have a very unhealthy Trump obsession. I, on the other hand, realize that you guys are mindless and are merely doing what you are told to do. No thinking or obsessing required. Why are you being told to trash Trump? Your puppet masters are getting very worried about Trump becoming president again in light of Dementia Joe's disasterous time in office. Regarding the article, so what? Nothing bad or evil going on, simply exploring ways to make the VA better.

I :heart; Q
 09/28/2021 07:28 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: tpapablo A less astute person than myself, could reasonably conclude that you guys have a very unhealthy Trump obsession. .
Indeed. Pagerow said just a month or 2 ago - said he was "gonna stop it" and "he's off that" ,but I knew he was full of mierda. sorry about your luck, page.
 09/28/2021 08:13 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Never mind trump, a bunch of you people on here are flag waving veterans, so if true, how do you feel about these jackals trying to get the VA to sell your medical records?

"Patient data is, in my opinion, the most valuable assets the VA has," Terry Fadem, a consultant who ran a private nonprofit created by Moskowitz, said in a June 2017 email released Monday by the House Oversight Committee and the House Committee on Veterans' Affairs.

"It can be leveraged into hundreds of millions in revenue."

Moskowitz then told David Shulkin, then-secretary of the VA, that talks had taken place with Johnson & Johnson, CVS, and Apple about a potential deal.
Capitalists are scumbags.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".

Edited: 09/28/2021 at 08:15 AM by RustyTruck
 09/28/2021 08:22 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Never mind trump, a bunch of you people on here are flag waving veterans, so if true, how do you feel about these jackals trying to get the VA to sell your medical records? "Patient data is, in my opinion, the most valuable assets the VA has," Terry Fadem, a consultant who ran a private nonprofit created by Moskowitz, said in a June 2017 email released Monday by the House Oversight Committee and the House Committee on Veterans' Affairs. "It can be leveraged into hundreds of millions in revenue." Moskowitz then told David Shulkin, then-secretary of the VA, that talks had taken place with Johnson & Johnson, CVS, and Apple about a potential deal. Capitalists are scumbags.
What is scummy about that? Not only could that financially help the VA, which would help the veterans, but could help humanity as a whole. More to the point, it was just and idea. Nothing wrong with thinking about something. There are no thought crimes yet.

09/28/2021 08:27 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

When you say "tried to", you mean like it didn't happen? So your big story of the day is about something from years ago that didn't end up happening? Cool story, bro.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 09/28/2021 08:28 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Sell veteran's data. How very Trumpian.

What are they doing that we don't know about.... yet?

I was right.
 09/28/2021 08:31 AM

johnnyboy

Are there people less astute than yourself?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/28/2021 10:53 AM

Pagerow

Originally posted by: tpapablo

A less astute person than myself, could reasonably conclude that you guys have a very unhealthy Trump obsession. .

If someone purposely took a bulldozer to my house, and walked away like they didn't do anything wrong, then yeah, I might have an unhealthy obsession about it.

But pigblo is that person walking by that same house yelling, "You shouldn't have put your house there!"

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 09/28/2021 10:55 AM

Pagerow

Originally posted by: Sniper

When you say "tried to", you mean like it didn't happen? So your big story of the day is about something from years ago that didn't end up happening? Cool story, bro.

Some idiots don't get that crimes like attempted murder, and attempted robbery are STILL CRIMES.

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 09/28/2021 11:08 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Pagerow
Originally posted by: Sniper When you say "tried to", you mean like it didn't happen? So your big story of the day is about something from years ago that didn't end up happening? Cool story, bro.
Some idiots don't get that crimes like attempted murder, and attempted robbery are STILL CRIMES.
It is not a crime to think about doing something. Nothing in that article suggested that it is a crime to sell the information, for that matter.

09/28/2021 11:15 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Aren't these the same people who though that asking their vaccine status was a HIPAA "violation"?

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 09/28/2021 11:40 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Aren't these the same people who though that asking their vaccine status was a HIPAA "violation"?
They would have scrubbed personal identifiers. So HIPPA would have no application.

09/28/2021 11:57 AM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Originally posted by: Sniper When you say "tried to", you mean like it didn't happen? So your big story of the day is about something from years ago that didn't end up happening? Cool story, bro.
Exactly. The media is continuing the onslaught of Trumpisms, even though he's no longer in power, because they need keep feeding the sheep to keep their TDS fully pegged. This way, just like they did in California, they can piggy back on the TDS to tie a candidate to Trump, and continue to be voted into power. It really is classic mind manipulating propaganda, tugging on the emotions and playing the shell game. At this point, with everything going on, you're either on to it or being manipulated by it....

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

09/28/2021 01:27 PM

Cole

It's just one more reason as to why Trump should never be trusted again.

Hey Opie, show me one legitimate Republican candidate who isn't backing Trump, just one.

I was right.
 09/29/2021 05:10 AM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Originally posted by: Cole It's just one more reason as to why Trump should never be trusted again. Hey Opie, show me one legitimate Republican candidate who isn't backing Trump, just one.
Classic example of a brainwashed mind. Notice the use of "backing Trump," like Trump is still in power, or running for some sort of office. Proves my point how manipulated some of you are. Cole, what exactly are candidates "backing Trump" on/for?

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

09/29/2021 05:17 AM

johnnyboy

You do realize this was trump's "best people" floating these ideas. Monetizing the private medical information without the veterans consent was the idea. You get that this was a grift at a very high level by people trump appointed to safeguard veterans and protect their interests. This is a valid criticism and it's timely since these grifters have only now been exposed. Let me just say that you are going to be so mad when someone is able to explain it to you.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/29/2021 05:24 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: OBX

Originally posted by: Cole

It's just one more reason as to why Trump should never be trusted again.

Hey Opie, show me one legitimate Republican candidate who isn't backing Trump, just one.

Classic example of a brainwashed mind. Notice the use of "backing Trump," like Trump is still in power, or running for some sort of office. Proves my point how manipulated some of you are. Cole, what exactly are candidates "backing Trump" on/for?

Has one spoken out against him? If so, name him or her.

And the power lies in his followers, how do you not see that? Trump's hoard can make or break the next Republican candidate. Yes, Trump isn't in office, but he is very much still pulling the strings.

I was right.
 09/29/2021 05:32 AM

follydude

If T'rump and his turds would have had their way, the Veterans Administration would have been sold off and privatized long ago.

Historically, Veterans have been shat upon following their service and when profits came be made first, Veterans come last.

It is not without irony that one of the many sins of T'rumpworld was the use of Veterans as a fundraising scheme where the vets received zero.

09/29/2021 05:36 AM

Cole

where the vets received zero

And Trump used the money for his personal use. Not to mention his other "charity" he used to pay fines and to buy a painting of himself.

I was right.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .