Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Babbitt shooting internal police docs reveal 'no good reason for shooting,' according to Judicial Watch
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/13/2021 04:31 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/13/2021 04:31 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Babbitt shooting internal police docs reveal 'no good reason for shooting,' according to Judicial Watch
The documents show witnesses recount they did not see Babbitt holding a weapon
By Emma Colton | Fox News

Officer who shot Ashli Babbitt Jan. 6 is still unknown to public
Babbitt's husband Aaron Babbitt and family attorney Terrell Roberts explain their frustration on 'Tucker Carlson Tonight'

More than 500 pages of internal documents from DC Metropolitan Police concerning the fatal shooting of Ashli Babbitt in the Capitol on Jan. 6 reveal witness accounts stating she was not holding a weapon at the time of her death and how "upset" the officer was after shooting her.

"These previously secret records show there was no good reason to shoot and kill Ashli Babbitt," stated Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch, which obtained the documents through a May 2021 FOIA lawsuit. "The Biden-Garland Justice Department and the Pelosi Congress have much to answer for the over the mishandling and cover-up of this scandalous killing of an American citizen by the U.S. Capitol Police."

Babbitt, an Air Force veteran, was shot and killed during the storming of the Capitol by a bullet fired by Capitol Police officer ??Lt. Michael Byrd. The documents from the DC Metropolitan Police department show that witnesses did not see Babbitt holding a weapon prior to her being shot, and reveal conflicting accounts of whether Byrd verbally warned Babbitt before shooting her.

A Capitol Police sergeant, whose name is redacted, described seeing Babbitt climbing through a broken window, but did not witness her holding a weapon, according to a portion of the documents received by Judicial Watch.

"Sergeant [redacted] observed a white, female protester was climbing through an opened area where the glass pane had been knocked out. He heard a gunshot and this female fell backwards through the opening. The crowd on the other side of the barricaded east doors, began to step back and some put their hands in the air. Sergeant [redacted] observed Lieutenant Byrd step back just after hearing the gunshot. He did not see anything in the female protester's hands prior to the gunshot," the Internal Affairs Division report stated.

"Sergeant [redacted] never went on the other side of the barricaded east door. He also did not know that it was Lieutenant Byrd who shot his gun until he talked to him moments after it occurred. Lieutenant Byrd looked upset and stated, 'I was the one who took the shot,'" the report continued.

Tucker Carlson reacts to Capitol Police officer speaking out about shooting Ashli BabbittVideo
Judicial Watch noted that in a written transcript of the interview with the sergeant, he detailed he was not sure "if something happened to" Byrd that "caused him to take the shot or not."

"Uh, I saw Lieutenant Byrd kinda. I don't know if it was before or after. Cause I was trying to figure this out of, but there was at one point where I remember seeing him and he kind of went like this and then came back up again. Uh, I don't know if that was from him taking the shot and then stepping back from that shot or if it was before that, I can't, no matter how I tried to rack my brain, I can't, I can't figure out when that happened, but uh, so I don't know if something happened to him where [sic] caused him to take the shot or not," the written transcript states.

CAPITOL POLICE OFFICERS SUE TRUMP, ALLIES OVER JAN. 6 RIOT

The sergeant went onto describe that Byrd was "visibly upset" after shooting Babbitt.

"No, his eyes were red. He was, you could see he was visibly upset and he just, you know, kind of comfort him and told him, you know, we gotta get outta here," the transcript of the interview states.

The interviewer asked the sergeant if he approached Babbitt after the shot, and he responded, "No, no, no. I maintained my position."

He added that Byrd directed him and other officers to go down "into the subway" following the shooting.

The interviewer also asked: "This was not a typical day, was it?"

"Definitely not my craziest day there," the sergeant replied, saying the closest event to compare it to was "the shots fired back in 2004, 2005 in the Rayburn building ...."

The interview asked the sergeant if Jan. 6 was a "frightening experience," to which the sergeant responded: "Oh yeah. I'm not afraid to say I was, I was scared s--t."

The Internal Affairs Division also conducted a different interview with another Capitol Police officer on Jan. 6, who was positioned directly behind Byrd in the Speaker's Lobby during the shooting of Babbitt.

"He did not see Ms. McEntee [Babbitt] in possession of any potential weapons," the summary report states.

"He reiterated that he did not observe that she was armed."

That interviewee also described Byrd as "upset" following the shooting.

"Lieutenant Byrd was shaking, he did not say anything.... Byrd was nervous, teary-eyed, and appeared very upset. His voice [was] also shaky when he called for medical assistance over the radio. Lieutenant Byrd was still very upset," the report continued.

FILE - In this Jan. 6, 2021, file photo insurrections loyal to President Donald Trump rally at the U.S. Capitol in Washington. U.S. Capitol Police officers who were attacked and beaten during the Capitol riot filed a lawsuit Thursday, Aug. 26, against former President Donald Trump, his allies and members of far-right extremist groups, accusing them of intentionally sending insurrectionists to disrupt the congressional certification of the election in January.
FILE - In this Jan. 6, 2021, file photo insurrections loyal to President Donald Trump rally at the U.S. Capitol in Washington. U.S. Capitol Police officers who were attacked and beaten during the Capitol riot filed a lawsuit Thursday, Aug. 26, against former President Donald Trump, his allies and members of far-right extremist groups, accusing them of intentionally sending insurrectionists to disrupt the congressional certification of the election in January. ((AP Photo/Jose Luis Magana, File))

That interviewee also said that a man with a beard wearing a suit attended to Babbitt, according to transcripts of the interview. Neither he nor the sergeant interviewed were able to prove the identity of the bearded man in the suit, but said they believe he was with the House Sergeant-at-Arms office.

Yet another report also stated that a sergeant did not see a weapon in Babbitt's hands before hearing a gunshot.

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .