Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Colin Powell dies from covid complications
Topic Summary: (fully vaccinated)
Created On: 10/18/2021 06:23 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/18/2021 06:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Among the greatest American military and government officials, also the first black security adviser from Reagan to odumbo, obviously no heeded interaction with blunder/hyena! Also paired with condi as the first Black sec's of state under GWB!!

-------------------------
Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 10/18/2021 06:29 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Yep, Covid is a deadly virus. It's a shame more people don't take it seriously.

I was right.
 10/18/2021 06:47 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

RIP general Powell.

I :heart; Q
 10/18/2021 07:15 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

RIP - served his country well

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 10/18/2021 07:25 AM

wtf

Originally posted by: crankit

Among the greatest American military and government officials, also the first black security adviser from Reagan to odumbo, obviously no heeded interaction with blunder/hyena! Also paired with condi as the first Black sec's of state under GWB!!

Surprised by this comment (which I agree with - one of the greatest ever) seeing Powell had this to say:

"We have a Constitution. And we have to follow that Constitution. And the President has drifted away from it," he told CNN, adding that he "certainly cannot in any way support President Trump this year." The retired general later delivered an address in support of Biden during the Democratic National Convention.
And after Trump incited a deadly insurrection at the US Capitol in early January 2021, Powell told CNN that he no longer considered himself a Republican, with the longtime grandee of the GOP saying he was now simply watching events unfold in a country he long served.

"I can no longer call myself a fellow Republican. I'm not a fellow of anything right now," he told CNN's Fareed Zakaria on "GPS." "I'm just a citizen who has voted Republican, voted Democrat throughout my entire career. And right now, I'm just watching my country and not concerned with parties."

Dotards should heed this respected man's words...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 10/18/2021 07:29 AM

3rdworldlover

Breakthrough infections are possible, but not if we had a 90% vaccination rate.

Powell was still at risk despite being vaccinated because of both his advanced age and his multiple myeloma, a type of blood cancer that inhibits the body's ability to fight infection. The Centers for Disease Control has noted that immunocompromised adults "may not always build adequate levels of protection" after receiving two vaccine doses.
 10/18/2021 07:36 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

He seemed to be an honest man. Shame that Bush and Co. made a fool of him over the fake "weapons of mass destruction".

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 10/18/2021 07:42 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover Breakthrough infections are possible, but not if we had a 90% vaccination rate. Powell was still at risk despite being vaccinated because of both his advanced age and his multiple myeloma, a type of blood cancer that inhibits the body's ability to fight infection. The Centers for Disease Control has noted that immunocompromised adults "may not always build adequate levels of protection" after receiving two vaccine doses.
If vaccinated people can get it, and they can, then even a 100% vaccination rate won't stop breakthought infections. Then, there is the problem with animals getting and transmitting it too. So, my rating: Damn lie. The problem here is that the vaccine nuts, like you, are touting this as bullet-proof protection. It isn't, obviously. That, in turn, is causing vaccinated people to let down their guard. And it might be worse, there are some docs and researchers who say that being vaccinated can make the infection worse in some people.

10/18/2021 07:47 AM

RustyTruck

No one has suggested the vaccine is "bullet proof protection". And guys like you Pabs have taken pride in never putting your guard up in the first place, at least that's what you've told us.

Sad fact of life is that you can do everything right and still become a victim. But that's no excuse to be reckless.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 10/18/2021 07:49 AM

wtf

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

No one has suggested the vaccine is "bullet proof protection". And guys like you Pabs have taken pride in never putting your guard up in the first place, at least that's what you've told us.

Sad fact of life is that you can do everything right and still become a victim. But that's no excuse to be reckless.

Not once has anyone said that. This is why you cannot have an honest convo with a dotard. They just literally make shit up.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 10/18/2021 08:00 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: wtf

Not once has anyone said that. This is why you cannot have an honest convo with a dotard. They just literally make shit up.

Pabs got his shot

10/18/2021 08:05 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck No one has suggested the vaccine is "bullet proof protection". And guys like you Pabs have taken pride in never putting your guard up in the first place, at least that's what you've told us. Sad fact of life is that you can do everything right and still become a victim. But that's no excuse to be reckless.
I am no more reckless than the vaccinated, now am I? I don't take pride in what I am doing. I believe I made the right choice for me, and am more than happy to let others make the right choice for themselves. At no point have I advocated against vaccination. In fact, I think it is a good idea for most people. Time will tell who in fact made the right choices.

10/18/2021 08:14 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

He seemed to be an honest man. Shame that Bush and Co. made a fool of him over the fake "weapons of mass destruction".

Agreed. I always respected General Powell.
Very disappointed in the Bush and his three horseman (Cheny, Rummy, Wolfie) for using Powell's credibility to sell the Iraq war.
Still, I would have voted for Powell for president if he would have run.

Sad to see hm go especially via COVID, but it has taken a lot of good people down.

Rest well, General Powel, Sir. Your battles are over.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 10/18/2021 08:25 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The vaccine is like a seat belt. People who are properly seatbelted still die but at vastly different numbers than those who choose not to wear one. We require drivers and passengers to be seatbelted as a way to exercise our big government power over their freedoms. It's the foot in the door before they will accept death squads turning unproductive people into soilent green.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/18/2021 08:27 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Not gonna miss that old war criminal one bit. 2L has such a short memory.
 10/18/2021 08:28 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

He resisted giving the speech on the WMD's, but agreed to after spending a weekend with the intel advisors (CIA, NSA and others) that satisfied his questions, the fault was not on him or Bush but the intel! And weren't some of you calling him Colon Bowel and other uncle Tom references?

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18

Edited: 10/18/2021 at 08:30 AM by crankit
 10/18/2021 08:49 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

He resisted giving the speech on the WMD's, but agreed to after spending a weekend with the intel advisors (CIA, NSA and others) that satisfied his questions, the fault was not on him or Bush but the intel! And weren't some of you calling him Colon Bowel and other uncle Tom references?

Post links for evidence when you accuse people of such things. I do.
 10/18/2021 08:57 AM

wtf

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

In a nutshell cranky is right. Powell admitted he made a mistake in his book on WMD which I now want to read.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 10/18/2021 09:02 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: wtf

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

In a nutshell cranky is right. Powell admitted he made a mistake in his book on WMD which I now want to read.

I meant the "Colon Bowel" thing. I see a post in 2004 from some random person that is not relevant to this forum today. Not that I know of.
 10/18/2021 09:09 AM

tpapablo

There's no doubt that progs weren't a fan of Gen. Powell back in the day. I wasn't either, for that matter. But, I am glad to see that most of us are giving credit where credit is due. He did a lot with his life and that should be commended.

Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .