Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Chomsky on Vaccines
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/25/2021 09:32 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/25/2021 09:32 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Vaccines should not be mandated, but those who refuse vaccination have a responsibility to isolate themselves to protect others.

He's catching hell on the Twitter, but I think he's essentially correct in an anarchist sense. No one should be forced, however, it's completely appropriate for the community such as it is to require such a thing as a condition of participation in order to protect the collective population.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 10/25/2021 10:00 AM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Back from a week of travel and I see we're still beating the same ol drum, huh Rusty?

So the vaccinated are also scared of negative tests and natural immunities?

Any requirements for number of booster shots, too?

And once again, please explain to me the logic of being vaccinated, but still scared of those that aren't.....

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Edited: 10/25/2021 at 10:01 AM by OBX
 10/25/2021 10:38 AM

RustyTruck

Chomsky's comments were trending today, so...

If you've got a problem with it, you'll be in agreement with most of left wing twitter.

My position has been pretty consistent, I support the right to not get vaccinated, you just aren't welcome at my home or workplace. Proof of vaccination required.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

10/25/2021 10:52 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Chomsky's comments were trending today, so... If you've got a problem with it, you'll be in agreement with most of left wing twitter. My position has been pretty consistent, I support the right to not get vaccinated, you just aren't welcome at my home or workplace. Proof of vaccination required.
Must have papers, huh Rusty?

Have you decided on a requirement for number of booster shots required, too?

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

10/25/2021 11:23 AM

RustyTruck

In order to get into the "Fox Patriot Awards" you need to show either a vaccine card or a negative test within the previous 72 hours at the mandatory check point. And that's in Floriduh even.

http://try.nation.foxnews.com/patriot-awards/

10/25/2021 11:58 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: RustyTruck In order to get into the "Fox Patriot Awards" you need to show either a vaccine card or a negative test within the previous 72 hours at the mandatory check point. And that's in Floriduh even. http://try.nation.foxnews.com/patriot-awards/
Notice the allowance of a negative test? That's the big difference. Cool story, though.

Speaking of Floriduh, how are we currently staking up to the rest of the nation? Specifically the states/cities that are still masked up and somewhat locked down?

10/25/2021 12:27 PM

RustyTruck

Glad you liked the story. A required negative 72 hr. test result isn't considered "papers"? Go figure.

As for Floriduh - Florida suffered the most deaths overall and per-capita during the summer surge. 738 here in Brevard. Probably helped clean out the shallow end of the gene pool, though.

Edited: 10/25/2021 at 12:29 PM by RustyTruck
 10/25/2021 12:44 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

People bucking the governor on safety protocols helped dampen the surge. Wonder how Thanksgiving - Christmas will work out? Masks are coming off again.

10/25/2021 01:06 PM

RustyTruck

I'm going to get a booster, just haven't decided if I should go with more Moderna, or mix it up with a shot of Pfizer.

10/25/2021 02:14 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: RustyTruck As for Floriduh - Florida suffered the most deaths overall and per-capita during the summer surge. 738 here in Brevard. Probably helped clean out the shallow end of the gene pool, though.
still a few hold outs in NSRville
 10/25/2021 07:28 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Glad you liked the story. A required negative 72 hr. test result isn't considered "papers"? Go figure. As for Floriduh - Florida suffered the most deaths overall and per-capita during the summer surge. 738 here in Brevard. Probably helped clean out the shallow end of the gene pool, though.
T'is nice being on the higher end of the gene pool. Said it from the get go that I had nothing to worry about. The shallow end was sure nervous, weren't they? Guess they had reason, huh?

I :heart; Q
 10/25/2021 11:16 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Agree fully with Chomsky's take - as usual.. Notice how little you see him ony any mainstream media.. 'Democracy Now' is one of the few that you see him on - and they are def not 'mainstream'...

When someones 'freedoms', and irresponsibility. infringe literally or threaten someones life, their 'right' to 'freedom' comes to an end.. That's why we have 'laws' against drunk or reckless driving etc etc etc.. It's called 'civilized society'..

Ever see Chomsky on CNN, MSNBC etc - once I think... ? faux, aon - Don't hold your breath..

Yep tpap, lot's in the shallow end of the pool paid the ultimate price with their stupidity not to get the jab,,

Choices choices - or maybe no more .............

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...

10/26/2021 05:16 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: surfsail Agree fully with Chomsky's take - as usual.. Notice how little you see him ony any mainstream media.. 'Democracy Now' is one of the few that you see him on - and they are def not 'mainstream'... When someones 'freedoms', and irresponsibility. infringe literally or threaten someones life, their 'right' to 'freedom' comes to an end.. That's why we have 'laws' against drunk or reckless driving etc etc etc.. It's called 'civilized society'.. Ever see Chomsky on CNN, MSNBC etc - once I think... ? faux, aon - Don't hold your breath.. Yep tpap, lot's in the shallow end of the pool paid the ultimate price with their stupidity not to get the jab,, Choices choices - or maybe no more .............
Just a friendly reminder this disease has over a 98.5% survival rate, even more so if you're under 65. And....the beauty is....if you don't want to take that chance you can get vaccinated to protect yourself.

Which makes me pose the question....again.....why are you scared of the unvaxed if you are vaccinated yourself?

10/26/2021 05:21 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: OBX

Originally posted by: surfsail

Agree fully with Chomsky's take - as usual.. Notice how little you see him ony any mainstream media.. 'Democracy Now' is one of the few that you see him on - and they are def not 'mainstream'...

When someones 'freedoms', and irresponsibility. infringe literally or threaten someones life, their 'right' to 'freedom' comes to an end.. That's why we have 'laws' against drunk or reckless driving etc etc etc.. It's called 'civilized society'..

Ever see Chomsky on CNN, MSNBC etc - once I think... ? faux, aon - Don't hold your breath..

Yep tpap, lot's in the shallow end of the pool paid the ultimate price with their stupidity not to get the jab,,

Choices choices - or maybe no more .............

Just a friendly reminder this disease has over a 98.5% survival rate, even more so if you're under 65. And....the beauty is....if you don't want to take that chance you can get vaccinated to protect yourself.

Which makes me pose the question....again.....why are you scared of the unvaxed if you are vaccinated yourself?

I love how you dotards completely ignore the long term complications. You are a fucking moron...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 10/26/2021 05:46 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: wtf
Originally posted by: OBX
Originally posted by: surfsail Agree fully with Chomsky's take - as usual.. Notice how little you see him ony any mainstream media.. 'Democracy Now' is one of the few that you see him on - and they are def not 'mainstream'... When someones 'freedoms', and irresponsibility. infringe literally or threaten someones life, their 'right' to 'freedom' comes to an end.. That's why we have 'laws' against drunk or reckless driving etc etc etc.. It's called 'civilized society'.. Ever see Chomsky on CNN, MSNBC etc - once I think... ? faux, aon - Don't hold your breath.. Yep tpap, lot's in the shallow end of the pool paid the ultimate price with their stupidity not to get the jab,, Choices choices - or maybe no more .............
Just a friendly reminder this disease has over a 98.5% survival rate, even more so if you're under 65. And....the beauty is....if you don't want to take that chance you can get vaccinated to protect yourself. Which makes me pose the question....again.....why are you scared of the unvaxed if you are vaccinated yourself?
I love how you dotards completely ignore the long term complications. You are a fucking moron...
Is Greensleeves your alternate handle? You both seem to espouse such intelligent, thought provoking responses. Either you're the same person, or live in the same bubble.

10/26/2021 05:59 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

That stupid question, again... ?
 10/26/2021 06:09 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover That stupid question, again... ?
Yep, the one that no one answers with any semblance of logic. Here, I'll lay it out for you again

I rather not take the 1.5% chance of death with Covid, so I will get vaccinated to protect myself

OK, fair enough.
Logic breaks down the second you start assuming, blaming, or being fearful for your own protection if other people are not vaccinated. Why? Because following the logic, that means you're afraid the vaccine doesn't work.

Which brings us full circle again of you snarking at people for not taking a vaccine that according to your logic, as evident by your fears, doesn't work anyways.

So again, tell me why if your are vaccinated, you are fearful of the ones that aren't? Using Florida as an example, where we were open and free, did the hospitals ever get fully overwhelmed? Did those ice trucks actually get filled with all these dead bodies from Covid? Did we run out of water like Scom was so fearful of? Or was that all media driven propaganda induced fear? Looking at our numbers now, it seems that its run its course and our numbers are now one of the best in the country. So again, where is all this fear, angst, and prejudice against the unvaccinated coming from? I know the answer.....but don't think you're willing to admit it....

Edited: 10/26/2021 at 06:10 AM by OBX
 10/26/2021 07:25 AM

RustyTruck

I think everyone has decided they've spent enough time and effort trying to help you understand how this works. You don't seem to be capable of anything more complex than binary understanding.

10/26/2021 07:28 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: RustyTruck I think everyone has decided they've spent enough time and effort trying to help you understand how this works. You don't seem to be capable of anything more complex than binary understanding.
Show me where this question has been answered, Rusty. Answered without holes in the logic being presented.

10/26/2021 08:54 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

'Hey guys, drunk driving only kills .0005% of people, why do we have DD laws?' Sincerely OBX and the rest of the fucking idiots in this country...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Chomsky on Vaccines

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .