Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Let's Go Brandon song takes #1, #2, and #3 spots on iTunes
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/28/2021 03:48 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/28/2021 07:02 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Just searched youtube and there are a bunch of vids of it.
Hyper Q and the other niche channels have it.

And the only reason people still hack on trump is that he wants the attention and won't let things go. Most former presidents retire and live a quiet life out of the public eye for the most part. Some have stepped in occasionally to help their party out as a spokes person or advocate, but not real often.

Trump wants none of that. Narcissists need attention. He wants people to think he is still in charge. So yeah, he gets ragged on.

When he starts doing something like building houses for Habitat for Humanity and the Peace Corps where he actually helps people that might stop. (yeah, that will never happen).

-------------------------
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 10/28/2021 07:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

scombrid

Originally posted by: RustyTruck I hate to have to remind you guys, but you have no speech rights on a private platform like iTunes or YouTube. You voluntarily use the service, and have to abide by the terms. Don't like it? You could argue for them to be nationalized and operated in the public interest, but that would make you a red.
Not to mention the money that youtube has made over the years actively promoting disinformation and false conspiracy theories while actively helping the promoters of such to block dissent on their channels by censoring comments and filing claims against debunker videos. The disinfo people cry the victim but what they really want is to be able to use a platform that they don't own to scam and grift and they expect the platform to give them carte blanche. People have seen my post the "I don't do pwoof by utoob" many times and that is why. I got so sick of youtube taking down debunker videos to protect the cash cow click bait that the disinfo channels provided. Now disingenuous youtube is walking a line between trying to keep eyeballs without getting the platform regulated. Facebook is the same. They need to either shut out the shit or pull of the controls and let it be a free for all and quit allowing the propagandists from blocking negative comments and posting rebutting videos. You see some stupid conspiracy theory video that has >100k views. Make a video debunking that stupid theory. Debunking video gets 1,000 views and a gazillion comments from the conspiracy theory mob. Conspiracy channel files a complaint and the debunk video gets deleted and the debunker suspended from the platform. Now some conspiracy theorists want to cry about censorship. Ridiculous.

10/28/2021 07:10 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: OBX

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

I hate to have to remind you guys, but you have no speech rights on a private platform like iTunes or YouTube.

You voluntarily use the service, and have to abide by the terms. Don't like it? You could argue for them to be nationalized and operated in the public interest, but that would make you a red.

Keep telling yourself that, Rusty. Whatever helps justify in your head what you know is actually going on. But then again, being the commie that you are....you're probably loving it.

"That is actually going on" - Private media platforms are removing content that they think is contrary to their business interest.

That's as capitalist as you can get, so go complaint to them, or pound sand. Either will be just as effective.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti

Edited: 10/28/2021 at 07:11 AM by RustyTruck
 10/28/2021 07:11 AM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Originally posted by: scombrid
Originally posted by: RustyTruck I hate to have to remind you guys, but you have no speech rights on a private platform like iTunes or YouTube. You voluntarily use the service, and have to abide by the terms. Don't like it? You could argue for them to be nationalized and operated in the public interest, but that would make you a red.
Not to mention the money that youtube has made over the years actively promoting disinformation and false conspiracy theories while actively helping the promoters of such to block dissent on their channels by censoring comments and filing claims against debunker videos. The disinfo people cry the victim but what they really want is to be able to use a platform that they don't own to scam and grift and they expect the platform to give them carte blanche. People have seen my post the "I don't do pwoof by utoob" many times and that is why. I got so sick of youtube taking down debunker videos to protect the cash cow click bait that the disinfo channels provided. Now disingenuous youtube is walking a line between trying to keep eyeballs without getting the platform regulated. Facebook is the same. They need to either shut out the shit or pull of the controls and let it be a free for all and quit allowing the propagandists from blocking negative comments and posting rebutting videos. You see some stupid conspiracy theory video that has >100k views. Make a video debunking that stupid theory. Debunking video gets 1,000 views and a gazillion comments from the conspiracy theory mob. Conspiracy channel files a complaint and the debunk video gets deleted and the debunker suspended from the platform. Now some conspiracy theorists want to cry about censorship. Ridiculous.
Yes, because a song title "lets go Brandon" is all of what you just said and must come down!!!

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

10/28/2021 07:13 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: OBX You don't see support for Biden. All you see is hatred for Trump. You'd think we'd learn by now the consequences of acting out in hatred. ...
You mean like all the Fuck Joe Biden chants? That kind of hatred. I don't recollect seeing many Fuck Trump bumper stickers on I-95 but I'm seeing people with Fuck Joe Biden in huge letters across their entire back glass.

10/28/2021 07:13 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: Bamboo Just searched youtube and there are a bunch of vids of it. Hyper Q and the other niche channels have it. And the only reason people still hack on trump is that he wants the attention and won't let things go. Most former presidents retire and live a quiet life out of the public eye for the most part. Some have stepped in occasionally to help their party out as a spokes person or advocate, but not real often. Trump wants none of that. Narcissists need attention. He wants people to think he is still in charge. So yeah, he gets ragged on. When he starts doing something like building houses for Habitat for Humanity and the Peace Corps where he actually helps people that might stop. (yeah, that will never happen).
Like I said, notice the date of upload and/or the number of views. Once it hits a threshold it gets noticed and pulled....

And what exactly is Trump "doing" to maintain attention? Is he needing the attention on himself or is it the media that needs to keep it on him?

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

10/28/2021 07:14 AM

scombrid

Yes, because a song title "lets go Brandon" is all of what you just said and must come down!!!
I typed "lets go Brandon" into a search engine and a youtube vid popped up.

10/28/2021 07:17 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

I hate to have to remind you guys, but you have no speech rights on a private platform like iTunes or YouTube.

You voluntarily use the service, and have to abide by the terms. Don't like it? You could argue for them to be nationalized and operated in the public interest, but that would make you a red.

The complete blackout of information regarding Hunter Biden's laptop leading up to the 2020 election was something that I thought pretty much only happens in places like Iran, China, and North Korea. Legacy Media and social media colluded to prevent U.S. citizens from sharing information or from hearing certain information because it didn't work in a certain political candidate's favor. It is like if cell phone carriers started listening to all our conversations and just cut the connections on the conversations that they didn't like the topic or didn't like your tone. That is pretty much where we are. Legacy media and the government are losing their monopolies and they are losing their shit about it so they are over-rotating. They need to stop. This is the kind of thing that will cause people to revolt.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 10/28/2021 07:18 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: OBX You don't see support for Biden. All you see is hatred for Trump. You'd think we'd learn by now the consequences of acting out in hatred. ...
You mean like all the Fuck Joe Biden chants? That kind of hatred. I don't recollect seeing many Fuck Trump bumper stickers on I-95 but I'm seeing people with Fuck Joe Biden in huge letters across their entire back glass.
Scom, I'm too busy to play your game of distraction and whatabouts today. The point is, anything that goes against the narrative, exposes the narrative and/or gains enough popularity, it gets censured and pulled. Do you really think YouTube, Facebook...ie "Big Tech" isn't in bed with the Government? Why would they be any different than "Big Pharma", "Big Agriculture", etc?

Like I've been saying, you either see it or you don't. But refusing to see it and somehow justifying it is the problem. Thankfully, more and more people are starting to wake up.....thus the need to censure.

10/28/2021 07:18 AM

scombrid

Keep telling yourself that, Rusty. Whatever helps justify in your head what you know is actually going on. But then again, being the commie that you are....you're probably loving it.
"That is actually going on" - Private media platforms are removing content that they think is contrary to their business interest. That's as capitalist as you can get, so go complaint to them, or pound sand. Either will be just as effective.
Yep. They are trying to do just enough content control to avoid pissing off the wrong people while keeping the clicks rolling. But the QOP folks think that they are some kind of government control pravda machine. That is really odd considering the content their algorithms steer towards certain profiles. Hell, all I have to do is visit one of the conservative facebook pages like Allen B West and for a long time thereafter the "you may like...." posts and sponsored posts that fill my feed are all that type of content.

10/28/2021 07:19 AM

OBX

I typed "lets go Brandon" into a search engine and a youtube vid popped up.
Again....look at the date and/or number of views. For a song that is so high up on the charts, you'd think there would be videos with millions of views, no? Could it be the original has been pulled but people keep re-uploading it?

10/28/2021 07:20 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

i figured snipey the brilliant - finally had a flashback about brandon lee and was gonna go back and reflect on his " how can a prop gun possibly go wrong" comment
 10/28/2021 07:21 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

WHAT??? YouTube has been doing this? You gotta tell somebody!!!

RUSSIA!!!!
The dossier
Jussie Smullett
Nooses at Nascar
Trump told people to drink bleach
Man killed himself because Trump recommended hydroxychloriquine
"Anonymous" bombshell
Trump called fallen soldiers suckers
Bounties on the heads of American soldiers
Lab-leak hypothesis was a conspiracy theory
Trump cleared peaceful protestors from Lafayette Square, so he could have a photo opp
Media-made quotes supposedly made by Trump about Georgia election
Claimed Hunter Biden emails were Russian disinformation and prevented it from being discussed
Border Patrol on horseback are whipping Haitians
Trump urged Republican voters not to vote in 2022 and 2024
Fauci and the NIH never funded gain of function research

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 10/28/2021 07:22 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

"That is actually going on" - Private media platforms are removing content that they think is contrary to their business interest.

That's as capitalist as you can get, so go complaint to them, or pound sand. Either will be just as effective.

Yep. They are trying to do just enough content control to avoid pissing off the wrong people while keeping the clicks rolling. But the QOP folks think that they are some kind of government control pravda machine. That is really odd considering the content their algorithms steer towards certain profiles. Hell, all I have to do is visit one of the conservative facebook pages like Allen B West and for a long time thereafter the "you may like...." posts and sponsored posts that fill my feed are all that type of content.

I know what you mean, since I enjoy firearms, the algorithms push all kids of right wing garbage my way.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti

Edited: 10/28/2021 at 07:22 AM by RustyTruck
 10/28/2021 07:22 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: OBX And what exactly is Trump "doing" to maintain attention?
His recent rally in Iowa comes to mind. He made some nice claims there.

10/28/2021 07:23 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: Sniper
The complete blackout of information regarding Hunter Biden's laptop leading up to the 2020 election was something that I thought pretty much only happens in places like Iran, China, and North Korea. Legacy Media and social media colluded to prevent U.S. citizens from sharing information or from hearing certain information because it didn't work in a certain political candidate's favor. It is like if cell phone carriers started listening to all our conversations and just cut the connections on the conversations that they didn't like the topic or didn't like your tone. That is pretty much where we are. Legacy media and the government are losing their monopolies and they are losing their shit about it so they are over-rotating. They need to stop. This is the kind of thing that will cause people to revolt.
Trump controlled DOJ and FBI for quite a while after that bombshell broke. Funny no action was taken.

10/28/2021 07:27 AM

scombrid

Scom, I'm too busy to play your game of distraction and whatabouts today. The point is, anything that goes against the narrative, exposes the narrative and/or gains enough popularity, it gets censured and pulled. Do you really think YouTube, Facebook...ie "Big Tech" isn't in bed with the Government? Why would they be any different than "Big Pharma", "Big Agriculture", etc? Like I've been saying, you either see it or you don't. But refusing to see it and somehow justifying it is the problem. Thankfully, more and more people are starting to wake up.....thus the need to censure.
You are playing what about in that post. I responded quite directly to your post. On to your claims here. You are concerned about regulatory capture with large sectors of the economy having undue influence on the portion of the government that is supposed to regulate them? That is a real problem. Why then do you so strongly support Trump/McConnell and Trump's installation of top industry shills and lobbyists to head all of the executive agencies to which he bothered to appoint cabinet secretaries. Your complaint rings very hollow.

10/28/2021 07:33 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: Sniper

Trump controlled DOJ and FBI for quite a while after that bombshell broke. Funny no action was taken.

They did investigate. They found Trump's peepee tapes on Hunter's hard drive.
 10/28/2021 07:35 AM

OBX

"That is actually going on" - Private media platforms are removing content that they think is contrary to their business interest. That's as capitalist as you can get, so go complaint to them, or pound sand. Either will be just as effective.
Here's what I think. I think both you and Rusty are intelligent enough to recognize it. I'm assuming Rusty is well versed on history, and you seem like you've read some books before. However, for some reason, you both fall back to these lame justifications for it in the same breath. Its rather fascinating to me. Its a classic example of the quote in my signature.

Control the narrative, control people's opinion, and you control the people.

This shit aint rocket science and has been employed all throughout history with the sole purpose of imposing tyranny. It has always rode the wave of "morale superiority," safety, or "for the common good." And has always resulted in the crimes against humanity.

To think we're somehow more evolved, "different" than the past, is nothing more than human arrogance and/or a sign of being asleep.

10/28/2021 07:38 AM

scombrid

The algorithms control the narrative for people blind to them and people that learned how to control the algorithms are the ones doing the big work right now. Fuck, we have FK linking to PETA press releases now.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Let's Go Brandon song takes #1, #2, and #3 spots o...

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .