Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: DeSantis Pro Police
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/30/2021 05:10 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/30/2021 05:10 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Wants $76M to increase Police salaries, especially starting ones while fired cops from libtard states and cities are moving to Fla.!!

-------------------------
Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 11/30/2021 05:20 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Why do we have a police shortage in the first place?

I was right.
 11/30/2021 05:25 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: Cole Why do we have a police shortage in the first place?
because they are anti-vaxx. next question?
 11/30/2021 05:48 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Orlando Sentinel looked into some of these refugee cops, lots of red flags. Florida is now known for the place that likes to hire bad cops. Some of them couldn't hold down jobs as security guards, but hey, come on down to the gunshine state.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".

Edited: 11/30/2021 at 05:48 AM by RustyTruck
 11/30/2021 08:26 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Good news for you progs. Sure, you'll keep getting arrested frequently, but competent law enforcement will quell riots before patriots have an opportunity to shoot you.

I :heart; Q
 11/30/2021 08:32 AM

johnnyboy

They should earmark that new money for the lawsuits.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

11/30/2021 08:42 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy They should earmark that new money for the lawsuits.
Lawsuits are good. Ask your prog friends in Congress about that. In the BBB bill, they gave a huge tax cut to trial lawyers, which will encourage more lawsuits. Yippee! As you know, I have no use for progs. That said, I very much appreciate their efforts to make me richer.

11/30/2021 09:24 AM

RustyTruck

As long as taxpayers like you are shelling out the millions to the folks injured by your bad cops, sounds like a win-win.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

11/30/2021 12:01 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck As long as taxpayers like you are shelling out the millions to the folks injured by your bad cops, sounds like a win-win.
Better that than shelling out billions for the trial lawyers. Trial lawyer bonanza.

11/30/2021 12:40 PM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

If one department has one bad cop,

And ten other cops know it,

And do nothing about it,

That department has Eleven bad cops.

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 11/30/2021 12:58 PM

RustyTruck

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said

11/30/2021 01:08 PM

3rdworldlover

Obviously, DeSantis is only helping himself here. FL's state LEOs have been treated like trash for decades. They should be better compensated but better trained and vetted as well.
 11/30/2021 02:05 PM

Lunchmeat

Joined Forum: 08/02/2003

Back the blue! You pussies are the first ones to call the cops as soon as the shit hits the fan

If it’s legal will do it, if it’s not legal, we’ll figure out how to change the law-Joe Biden
 11/30/2021 05:33 PM

RustyTruck

Lick all the boots you want, no worries.

11/30/2021 07:55 PM

follydude

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

As long as taxpayers like you are shelling out the millions to the folks injured by your bad cops, sounds like a win-win.

Better that than shelling out billions for the trial lawyers. Trial lawyer bonanza.

Be careful what you wish for.

Insurance companies hire alotta attorneys. Insurance companies got tired of spending so much money on attorneys so they jacked up malpractice premiums and cut loose risky practioners.

The result: a huge decline in malpractice lawsuits. Who loses? Lawyers.

Imagine if Qualified Immunity was taken from Bad Cops? Good Cops wouldn't give a damn, but Police Unions and Cop Lawyers want to keep Qualified Immunity.

If cops had to buy malpractice insurance, the risky bad cops would be separated post haste.

End Qualified Immunity.

11/30/2021 08:20 PM

johnnyboy

Agreed. It was a judicially created exception that became the rule. The effect of that rule was shield all bad cops from any consequences. The whole thing should be stopped but that will take honest people to take on the biggest and most powerful special interest groups out there: the PBA and FOP. Not easy, fast or fun.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/01/2021 03:38 AM

Lunchmeat

Joined Forum: 08/02/2003

Originally posted by: Lunchmeat

Back the blue! You pussies are the first ones to call the cops as soon as the shit hits the fan

Boot licker lol, fuck off you pussy! Lmao Enjoy the the bubble of safety you live in that they provide as you criticize them. I work side by side with them and know what they deal with everyday. Things that no one else would want to deal with. There are pos in every profession but a majority are there to protect and serve, even though scum like you armchair qb them like you're of some benefit to society. What good do you do for society? I'll wait right here....

If it’s legal will do it, if it’s not legal, we’ll figure out how to change the law-Joe Biden

Edited: 12/01/2021 at 03:43 AM by Lunchmeat
 12/01/2021 04:59 AM

Cole

Not really. We are smart enough to avoid taking a dump over the fan.

I was right.
 12/01/2021 06:08 AM

RustyTruck

Boot licker lol, fuck off you pussy! Lmao Enjoy the the bubble of safety you live in that they provide as you criticize them. I work side by side with them and know what they deal with everyday. Things that no one else would want to deal with. There are pos in every profession but a majority are there to protect and serve, even though scum like you armchair qb them like you're of some benefit to society. What good do you do for society? I'll wait right here....

Touched another nerve I see. "Protect and Serve" indeed. Saw on the news this morning how they dished out 9 servings of lead to some guy in a wheelchair who stole some shit from a Lowes or someplace.

12/01/2021 06:15 AM

follydude

It's the same right wing rhetoric. An authoritatian complex. And it appears on all levels. What's funny is that the narrative changes and there are various "shades of blue".

Formerly, it was a utmost respect and steadfast support of a schoolteacher. But, now that "liberals" are in the classroom, Johnny can do wtf he pleases and helicopter parents will rip a teacher like a door gunner on a Huey.

People talk about "backing the blue" with a little FOP sticker on their car so they can drive 15 or 20 miles over the speed limit. Burn that stop sign and run the yellow/red. You see this perceived immunity from the law - as long as I'm not hurting anyone else - and erosion of values. And when caught, there is an expected quid-pro-quo.

I can 98% guarantee that the rioters that punched, bludgeoned and broke into the Capitol on 1/6 had the same "values" of supporting law enforcement all the way. Well, until they got in the way. The only reason I say 98 vs 100% is because of the wackadoos like the Shaman dude and the fucker that has the Jesus complex. Own those "fine people", Dotards.

When we see a bad cop, like that Chauvin, the 1st and trained reaction from the boot-lickers is a parroting of "one bad apple". And what about all the good cops? As Pagerow accurately stated above if one good cop turns a blind eye, they're all bad.

I read about incidents every day: school resource officers diddling little girls, cops planting evidence, cops shooting "out of fear".

I hate to break it to you, but other than the Catholic Church, I can't think of any other profession where so much disgusting behavior is seen and to where it goes unpunished until the tread is completely unraveled.

Can you imagine if an airline pilot diddled a pre-teen girl? An airline pilot landing at another airport because he was afraid?

Like all professions and, especially, public service there are standards to be expected and this particular profession has a culture that needs to be changed.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : DeSantis Pro Police

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .