Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The sinister nature of electric cars
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/03/2021 10:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/05/2021 03:03 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Tom,

I think that I would understand that normal folk like us are going to the "junk yard" and buying batteries from wrecked Prius !?

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 12/05/2021 05:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Hey Ding, you mean for the crate? A Prius batt isn't going to do much at 3kW, give or take. Hybrids too small. A Bolt batt might, about 60 kW in the first gen.

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 12/06/2021 07:39 AM

tpapablo

Electirc cars are fine. They have their strong points and weak points like most things. It is good that we have a choice. At the moment, ICE vehicle better suits my needs. If that changes, I will have no hesitation about getting an electric vehicle. Are electric vehicles a panacea? Nope. Neither are ICE vehicles. Let the manufacturers build what they want and the people buy what they want.

I :heart; Q
 12/07/2021 01:59 AM

tom

Jeeze t, some prog hack your account? ^That's mostly rational.^ Welcome back?

12/07/2021 05:23 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

T-bag is just fighting for the right to roll coal. According to him, Global Warming is a hoax and those who believe it are Libtard fools.

His outdated opinion means nothing.

I was right.
 12/07/2021 05:34 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Coleslaw
His outdated opinion means nothing.

Obviously that is patently false.

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 12/07/2021 05:44 AM

Cole

Climate change is absolutely real. Tax cuts don't work. Trickle down doesn't work. The world is moving to renewables. The vaccine works. Covid is not a Liberal hoax. LGBTQ are American citizens and get equal rights under the Constitution.

You guys are just whale oil salesmen and Buffalo hunters in the modern age. Your extinction is eminent.

I was right.
 12/07/2021 06:15 AM

follydude

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Electirc cars are fine. They have their strong points and weak points like most things. It is good that we have a choice. At the moment, ICE vehicle better suits my needs. If that changes, I will have no hesitation about getting an electric vehicle. Are electric vehicles a panacea? Nope. Neither are ICE vehicles. Let the manufacturers build what they want and the people buy what they want.

Sorry, sport.

According to the Lying Fish and the other idiots at The American Spectator, electirc (sic) cars are "sinister".

12/07/2021 11:13 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: follydude

Sorry, sport.

According to the Lying Fish and the other idiots at The American Spectator, electirc (sic) cars are "sinister".

The Norwegian University of Science and Technology study found greenhouse gas emissions rose dramatically if coal was used to produce the electricity.

Electric car factories also emitted more toxic waste than conventional car factories, their report in the Journal of Industrial Ecology said.

Big impact
The team looked at the life-cycle impact of conventional and electric vehicles.

In essence, they considered how the production, the use and the end-of-life dismantling of a car affects the environment, explained co-author Prof Anders Hammer Stromman.

"The production phase of electric vehicles proved substantially more environmentally intensive," the report said, comparing it to how petrol and diesel cars are made.

"The global warming potential from electric vehicle production is about twice that of conventional vehicles."

In addition, producing batteries and electric motors requires a lot of toxic minerals such as nickel, copper and aluminium.

Hence, the acidification impact is much greater than that of conventional car production.

"Across the other impacts considered in the analysis including potential for effects related to acid rain, airborne particulate matter, smog, human toxicity, ecosystem toxicity and depletion of fossil fuel and mineral resources, electric vehicles consistently perform worse or on par with modern internal combustion engine vehicles, despite virtually zero direct emissions during operation," according to Prof Stromman.

'Counterproductive' efforts
With electric car production being so damaging to the environment, these cars have already polluted a great deal by the time they hit the road, the report says.

In regions where fossil fuels are the main sources of power, electric cars offer no benefits and may even cause more harm, the report said.

"It is counterproductive to promote electric vehicles in regions where electricity is primarily produced from lignite, coal or even heavy oil combustion."

^These are PROVED facts.
 12/07/2021 11:14 AM

Fish Killer

Electric Cars Aren't Nearly as Green as People Think
Next time you see an electric car or a charging station, keep in mind the emissions involved in producing the battery and the electricity used to keep it running.
Friday, April 26, 2019
Catherine Alles

For years, I've imagined how great it would be to own an electric car. Instead of spending almost 40 bucks every week or so on gas, I could just drop by my local outpost and charge my car while I buy organic vegetables.

Wouldn't that be great? Not only for myself but also for the environment? Maybe not.

Although electric cars are a step in the right direction, their production and charging still contribute to CO2 levels, in some cases even more than gas cars.

Shifting Emissions from the Tailpipe to Power Plant
Carbon dioxide emissions don't just come out of a tailpipe. Electric cars emit CO2 both in their production and during their charging. First, the production of the electric batteries requires lithium, cobalt, and manganese. Manufactures end up expending a large amount of energy on mining and processing these raw materials.

According to a new German study from researchers Christoph Buchal, Hans-Dieter Karl, and Hans-Werner Sinn,

For a Tesla battery of 75 kWh, this means an additional CO2 emission of 10 875 kg to 14 625 kg of CO2.

Converted to pounds, these numbers are between 23 thousand and 32 thousand pounds of carbon emissions. For each battery!

Even after the initial production of the battery, many electric cars are charged by power plants that produce electricity by burning coal or gas. According to the US Energy Information Administration, 63 percent of total electricity generation in the United States is created using fossil fuels. If the electricity being used to power the electric cars is being produced using fossil fuels, then using electric cars is simply shifting CO2 emissions from the tailpipe of the car to the electricity power plant.

Electricity from Fossil Fuels
Around the world, different countries have different levels of dependency on fossil fuels for electricity production. For example, according to a 2017 study by Michael Sivak and Brandon Schoettle at the University of Michigan,

On one extreme is Albania (which generates 100% of its electricity from hydroelectric power)... on the other extreme are Botswana and Gibraltar (which generate 100% of their electricity from coal and oil).

Though electric cars may not visibly emit CO2 while driving, don't be fooled. A significant amount of CO2 emissions are produced in manufacturing the battery and in its ongoing charging. According to a 2012 Yale Study,

It is counterproductive to promote EVs in regions where electricity is produced from oil, coal, and lignite combustion.

Misleading Marketing
Imagine if Tesla announced a new "green" airplane that ran completely on electricity. But if the production of the battery emitted tens of thousands of pounds of carbon emissions, and its charging hundreds more, would it really be green? So it is with electric cars.

Next time you see an electric car or a charging station, keep in mind the emissions involved in producing the battery and the electricity used to keep it running.

At the end of the day, the direct comparison between electric cars and gas cars is irrelevant. What really matters is the overall amount of carbon emissions involved in the production, charging, and driving of a car throughout its lifetime. Especially when over half of America's electricity is produced with fossil fuels, it is misleading to propose that electric cars produce "zero emissions."

So next time you see an electric car or a charging station, keep in mind the emissions involved in producing the battery and the electricity used to keep it running. Outward appearances can be deceiving.

^These are PROVED facts.
 12/07/2021 08:07 PM

follydude

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

Sorry, sport.

The Norwegian University of Science and Technology study found
greenhouse gas emissions rose dramatically if coal was used to produce the electricity.

"It is counterproductive to promote electric vehicles in regions where electricity is primarily produced from lignite, coal or even heavy oil combustion."

Coal is outta here. Nobody is using coal anymore.

What's going on with coal today? Glad you asked.

Coal-fired electricity generation represents 90% of coal consumption in the United States and has more than halved since 2010, with demand falling by one-third between 2018 and 2020. In the European Union, coal-fired electricity generation is disappearing or becoming negligible in an increasing number of countries.

This denier's opinion is based on a shitty premise.

The efficiency will increase. The recycle-ability will increase and the extraction and material will required will become more efficient.

But, if it were up to you, we'd be riding on carriages pulled by horses.

12/07/2021 09:43 PM

Fish Killer

Awwwwww....LOOK!

The POS prog commie demoshit thinks that all or most of the greenhouse emissions are from coal.

Sorry SHITFORBRAINS...the pollution and greenhouse gasses emitted from the entire production to death of an electric car is FUCKING EXTREME!

ELECTRIC CARS ARE NOT 'GREEN' AND NEVER WILL BE YOU FUCKWAD!

ON TOP OF THAT HOW DO YOU PLAN ON LITERALLY DOUBLING OUR POWER PLANTS NATION WIDE TO POWER THESE ELECTRIC POS VEHICLES?

MORON!

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 12/08/2021 at 05:26 AM by Fish Killer
 12/08/2021 02:36 AM

tom

Hey Valdez, you know what they call a giant fuel spill down at the solar plant? A beautiful day.

12/08/2021 02:52 AM

tom

Also, since when are our resident experts worried about greenhouse gasses when global climate change is clearly 1) a natural phenomenon, 2) a Chinese hoax, and/or 3) a global conspiracy scam by mad scientists to line their pockets and Rule The World!!! Whoo! That last bit was kinda exciting. Heehee.

12/08/2021 05:29 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: tom

Also, since when are our resident experts worried about greenhouse gasses when global climate change is clearly 1) a natural phenomenon, 2) a Chinese hoax, and/or 3) a global conspiracy scam by mad scientists to line their pockets and Rule The World!!! Whoo! That last bit was kinda exciting. Heehee. [IMG][/IMG]

Because YOU continually spout that shit!

IT OBVIOUSLY MEANS SOMETHING TO YOU!

Personally I dont give a fuck!

All of this crap wont last too too long as we are in 'end times'.

Buckle up buttercup!

The shit is gonna' hit the fan.

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 12/08/2021 at 05:33 AM by Fish Killer
 12/08/2021 05:40 AM

Cole

Now nothing matters because the end is near?

Gary has finally reached the "standing on a box in the park to yell at the world" status. lol

I was right.
 12/08/2021 05:48 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Cole

Now nothing matters because the end is near?

Only one thing matters...but not to you.

You know where you are going.

^These are PROVED facts.
 12/08/2021 05:56 AM

Cole

Sorry chum, but your habit of lies and hate just might get you on the express car to hell.

Is heaven a nirvana if it's full of people like you?

I was right.
 12/08/2021 06:48 AM

follydude

The bouquet of energy production in the US.

Natural gas (33.8%)
Coal (30.4%)
Nuclear (19.7%)
Hydro (6.5%)
Wind (5.5%)
Biomass (1.5%)
Other (2.6%)

Clearly, 70% of our energy production is non-coal
& that 30% is shrinking year after year.

12/08/2021 07:37 AM

Fish Killer

The bouquet of energy production in the US.

Natural gas (33.8%)

Coal (30.4%)

Nuclear (19.7%)

Hydro (6.5%)

Wind (5.5%)

Biomass (1.5%)

Other (2.6%)

Clearly, 70% of our energy production is non-coal

& that 30% is shrinking year after year.

How much do the others pollute...or contribute to greenhouse gasses?

Your lies are in the details.

Fool!

One other thing...most of the REST of the world is not on our percentages.

Why haven't you shown China's numbers?

I can pick 200 other countries that use almost nothing but coal...but thats not the point.

The point is electric cars are NOT FUCKING GREEN!

AND NEVER WILL BE!

^These are PROVED facts.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : The sinister nature of electric cars

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .