Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: There is a type that spreads lies.
Topic Summary: They have been identified.
Created On: 01/18/2022 11:06 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/18/2022 11:06 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

http://www.politico.com/news/m...read-fake-news-526973

>>Whether it's anti-vaccine messaging or falsehoods about the 2020 election, it's easy to blame conservatives or Republicans as a group for spreading misinformation, as many in the media and academia have done. But this message is oversimplified, and anyone who wants to fight back against the very real scourge of fake news in American politics should look more closely.

In newly published research, we found that it's not conservatives in general who tend to promote false information, but rather a smaller subset of them who also share two psychological traits: low levels of conscientiousness and an appetite for chaos. Importantly, we found that several other factors we tested for - including support for former President Donald Trump - did not reliably predict an inclination to share misinformation.

Our findings suggest it is misguided to assign blame for misinformation to the political right broadly - indeed, doing so risks increasing polarization. Instead, it would be more productive for researchers, social media platforms, politicians and members of the media to focus their efforts on low-conscientiousness conservatives (LCCs for short) in particular. Yet, our findings also showed that fact-checking was not an effective way to prevent these conservatives from sharing false news stories, meaning other interventions are needed.

To be clear, existing research has found that conservatives have a greater tendency toward misinformation than liberals do. For example, during the 2016 election, individuals who leaned conservative were more likely to engage with and share disinformation on Twitter and Facebook. Likewise, in the early months of the pandemic, conservatives were more likely to believe Covid-19 was a hoax, and to downplay the virus' severity.<<

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/18/2022 11:34 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

This place must be a magnet for LCCs
 01/18/2022 11:45 AM

tpapablo

Are those the people who came up with the Russian collusion lie?

I :heart; Q
 01/18/2022 12:34 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

..You do know that I posted a study that states that ultra-extreme liberals and conservatives both post the most misinformation (each end of the spectrum)...right?

Moron.

It's OLD news!

http://blogs.scientificamerica...or-different-reasons/

More here:

"It is not just Republicans or just Democrats, but rather, people who are - left or right - more ideologically extreme," said Hopp."

http://www.colorado.edu/today/...-new-study-sheds-light

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 01/18/2022 at 12:40 PM by Fish Killer
 01/18/2022 12:39 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

"low levels of conscientiousness and an appetite for chaos"

So the crazy ones in other words.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 01/18/2022 12:41 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

"low levels of conscientiousness and an appetite for chaos"

So the crazy ones in other words.

...just like you and your ILK.

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 01/18/2022 01:29 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Try a mirror!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 01/18/2022 01:35 PM

Cole

Every Trump voter on here posts lies and other misinformation. It's what they do.

Yes, it's possible they are all crackpots, but I just think they want to win at all cost, even it if requires cheating.

I was right.
 01/18/2022 01:36 PM

Greensleeves

Hey filth, y'all insurrectionist scum bags. You still think the election was rigged?
 01/18/2022 01:45 PM

tom

Yep. The Republican and Conservative "brands" have suffered a bit. Seems like they'd want to correct that by rebranding the LCC as "other". It's kind of a shame to see the Grand Old Party so implicated.

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 01/18/2022 02:00 PM

Cole

I agree Tom and I'm interested to see when the split begins. There will be four years of the election was stolen with zero evidence to prove the claim. That's not going to work too well in the debates, so that means someone like Desantis is going to have to challenge Trump for the top spot if Republicans want any chance at winning . This has all the signs of being a Right on Right blood bath.

"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity"? Sun-Tzu, A Arte da Guerra

I was right.
 01/18/2022 02:13 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Ann Coulter says Trump is done.

"Trump is done," Coulter, a onetime Trump booster turned critic, wrote in an email to The New York Times. "You guys should stop obsessing over him."....

Trump has privately griped about DeSantis's refusal to publicly commit to foregoing a 2024 run if the former president chooses to mount another bid for the White House.

https://thehill.com/homenews/c...ter-says-trump-is-done

Trump is like a cockroach, so we'll see, I guess.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 01/18/2022 06:49 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Trump knows Desantis is like Melania while he's like Ivana.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .