Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/24/2022 04:21 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/24/2022 04:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


sandi

Posts: 5788
Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

PEOPLE WITH GUNS KILL PEOPLE

Sure, people with knives can kill people too. Are there High Capacity Knives?
How many people can someone with a knife kill at one time?

People with cars can kill people.
But not anywhere near as many as a person with a high capacity gun.

We need change people!

And, it's obviously our republican leaders who need to change.

Edited: 05/24/2022 at 04:27 PM by sandi
 05/24/2022 04:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


dingpatch

Posts: 17389
Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Mental illness epidemic has kids killing kids. Uvalde school shooting is only the latest

William Luther/San Antonio Expre/TNS
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram Editorial Board
Tue, May 24, 2022, 6:53 PM·

Not even two weeks ago, it was Buffalo, a horrific racist attack on innocent Black shoppers by a warped 18-year-old.

Today, it's Uvalde in South Texas, an inexplicable assault on elementary school children, perhaps as young as 7, also by a man still in his teens.

Many details remain unclear, and sweeping early conclusions are dangerous. But we know we have a mental health crisis with our youth. We know there are no easy answers. And we know we must act.

We'll fight, as we always do, over guns. We'll examine how the shooter got into the building and debate whether we can turn our schools into tighter fortresses.

We'll examine the law enforcement response, including why the Uvalde ISD's small police force wasn't able to neutralize an obvious threat. We'll dig into whether the shooter sent signals that he was capable of this and whether someone should have recognized them and acted.

We don't know yet what may have driven this particular teenager to such a heinous act. But we've known that more youths feel angry, disconnected, perhaps even hopeless. The COVID pandemic supercharged those problems. The isolation, the loss of meaningful social connection, the dependence on screens are a toxic mix when added to the inherent difficulties of adolescence.

Whatever else these mass violence events are, they are a screaming symptom of our overall epidemic of mental illness, at all ages. We must address it forthrightly.

Yes, guns must be part of the discussion. Sadly, many of the tropes that are rolled out in these circumstances are true: It was clearly far too easy for the shooter to obtain weapons. But he violated any number of laws already on the books and shouldn't have even had the handgun he used.

The U.S. is the only country to regularly suffer this kind and level of gun violence. But we don't do enough to keep guns out of the hands of those who might be dangerous.

The country is awash in guns, but the vast majority of them are legally and safely kept.

An appalling mass casualty event understandably draws attention. But American youths are quietly suffering every day, and many will harm themselves if not others.

We'll know more soon about what, if anything, could have prevented the Uvalde shooting. But we already know things we can do to help avoid more - in our families and communities, not just in our governments.

Will we do them?
 05/24/2022 05:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


johnnyboy

Posts: 21645
Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

There will be another by the time this post gets to a few pages.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

 05/24/2022 05:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


dingpatch

Posts: 17389
Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

 05/24/2022 07:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


sandi

Posts: 5788
Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

Originally posted by: dingpatch

Fort Worth Star-Telegram



Mental illness epidemic has kids killing kids. Uvalde school shooting is only the latest



William Luther/San Antonio Expre/TNS

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram Editorial Board

Tue, May 24, 2022, 6:53 PM·



Not even two weeks ago, it was Buffalo, a horrific racist attack on innocent Black shoppers by a warped 18-year-old.



Today, it's Uvalde in South Texas, an inexplicable assault on elementary school children, perhaps as young as 7, also by a man still in his teens.



Many details remain unclear, and sweeping early conclusions are dangerous. But we know we have a mental health crisis with our youth. We know there are no easy answers. And we know we must act.



We'll fight, as we always do, over guns. We'll examine how the shooter got into the building and debate whether we can turn our schools into tighter fortresses.



We'll examine the law enforcement response, including why the Uvalde ISD's small police force wasn't able to neutralize an obvious threat. We'll dig into whether the shooter sent signals that he was capable of this and whether someone should have recognized them and acted.



We don't know yet what may have driven this particular teenager to such a heinous act. But we've known that more youths feel angry, disconnected, perhaps even hopeless. The COVID pandemic supercharged those problems. The isolation, the loss of meaningful social connection, the dependence on screens are a toxic mix when added to the inherent difficulties of adolescence.



Whatever else these mass violence events are, they are a screaming symptom of our overall epidemic of mental illness, at all ages. We must address it forthrightly.



Yes, guns must be part of the discussion. Sadly, many of the tropes that are rolled out in these circumstances are true: It was clearly far too easy for the shooter to obtain weapons. But he violated any number of laws already on the books and shouldn't have even had the handgun he used.



The U.S. is the only country to regularly suffer this kind and level of gun violence. But we don't do enough to keep guns out of the hands of those who might be dangerous.



The country is awash in guns, but the vast majority of them are legally and safely kept.



An appalling mass casualty event understandably draws attention. But American youths are quietly suffering every day, and many will harm themselves if not others.



We'll know more soon about what, if anything, could have prevented the Uvalde shooting. But we already know things we can do to help avoid more - in our families and communities, not just in our governments.



Will we do them?


True. The stigma around mental illness is huge, but starting to fade. Many of us may know someone mentally ill. Getting that person to admit it, and into counceling can be impossible. Counceling, support from good people and meds. can help a lot. But, many parents don't want to admit there is a problem. And many mentally ill will say, "I don't have a problem. Having said that, guns are too easy to get. No training, no license, just cash and carry. Something needs to change. The gun Lobby has too much power. The repubs don't care enough about solving the problem, to DO SOMETHING. Politics first. Party first. American citizens second. Sad.
 05/24/2022 08:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


sandi

Posts: 5788
Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

There will be another by the time this post gets to a few pages.


Perhaps. Why? Because the Repubs wont DO anything. Except send Hopes and prayers.

God bless America. Please.



 05/25/2022 02:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Fish Killer

Posts: 60015
Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: sandi

Originally posted by: johnnyboy



There will be another by the time this post gets to a few pages.




Perhaps. Why? Because the Repubs wont DO anything. Except send Hopes and prayers.



God bless America. Please.


YOU are mentally ill as well...get some help...you idiot!

-------------------------
FRAUDFRAUDFRAUDFRAUDFRAUDFRAUDFRAUDFRAUDFRAUD
FRAUDCRAPDIGITALISAPATHOLOGICALLYINGFAILUREFRAUD
FRAUDFRAUDFRAUDFRAUDBIDENFRAUDFRAUDFRAUDFRAUD
FRAUDFRAUDFRAUDFRAUDWTFISAPUSSYFRAUDFRAUDFRAUD
FRAUDSANDIISASADLITTLEIDIOTTHATCANTREADFRAUDFRAUD
 05/25/2022 04:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


johnnyboy

Posts: 21645
Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Is it inevitable or is it preventable
It is preventable we know but we are ineffectual.
The mentally ill are not outliers, it's guns that are
The pro life party are coming out swinging and ready to spar
More thoughts more prayers more moments of silence
Less is more for them but there's always more violence

A study in impotence and plausible denial
The art of doing nothing American government style
Congress will get through this, doing nothing once more
It's not easy but what is for a parliament of whores.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

 05/25/2022 05:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Pagerow

Posts: 4512
Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

When one political party ignores

the regular slaughter of children

Don't call yourselves

"Pro-Life"
 05/25/2022 05:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


RustyTruck

Posts: 29131
Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Stay by for "this is no time to politicize a tragedy" and "let's give a big round of applause to our brave law enforcement heroes who took down the shooter after he only executed 20 innocent children".

-------------------------
It's going to get worse before it gets worse.
 05/25/2022 06:07 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


dingpatch

Posts: 17389
Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

What's better: 300 AAC Blackout or, .308/7.62 ?
 05/25/2022 06:14 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


RustyTruck

Posts: 29131
Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Better at what?


-------------------------
It's going to get worse before it gets worse.
 05/25/2022 06:14 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Lunchmeat

Posts: 3453
Joined Forum: 08/02/2003

A lot of hot air complaining about a lot of hot air. All this whining is as worthless as hopes and prayers.
 05/25/2022 06:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


johnnyboy

Posts: 21645
Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Look at this lurkmeat torch in the dark: it's hot air! Why don't you stay in the shallow end of whatever kiddie pool that works in.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

 05/25/2022 07:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Lunchmeat

Posts: 3453
Joined Forum: 08/02/2003

Thanks, only took 10 minutes to prove my point. Instead of flapping endlessly, please tell us what needs to be done. Please tell of what actions you'll take to make a change. Are you going to write you congress person? Or are you gonna just continue to whine on 2ndlight.com like you have for the past 2 decades and continue your ineffective existence?
 05/25/2022 07:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


wtf

Posts: 6945
Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Close the gunshow loophole, trained and resgistered for high capicity assault weapons as a start etc...

-------------------------
QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 05/25/2022 07:08 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Lunchmeat

Posts: 3453
Joined Forum: 08/02/2003

I'm all for it
 05/25/2022 07:14 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


HAPDigital

Posts: 16854
Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: Lunchmeat

Thanks, only took 10 minutes to prove my point. Instead of flapping endlessly, please tell us what needs to be done. Please tell of what actions you'll take to make a change. Are you going to write you congress person? Or are you gonna just continue to whine on 2ndlight.com like you have for the past 2 decades and continue your ineffective existence?


I've done so, but get nothing but canned responses. My recommendations in the other thread are very reasonable. The main thing is that gun manufacturers, venders and owners should be held responsible for any deaths their guns cause. This will make reasonable gun laws pop up like crazy and stop all the loop hole nonsense. Just imagine what a little accountability could do.

-------------------------
I have the court docs. PM me for details.
Forum member Fish Killer called/sent you that email. His signature shows what kind of lunatic he is.
Go to advanced search on left. Put 'Fish Killer' or ‘FK’ in 'search phrase' and click 'search'. See the truth.

Edited: 05/25/2022 at 07:15 AM by HAPDigital
 05/25/2022 07:15 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


RustyTruck

Posts: 29131
Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Ban auto-loading rifles in any caliber other than .22 LR

-------------------------
It's going to get worse before it gets worse.
 05/25/2022 07:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Fish Killer

Posts: 60015
Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Pagerow

When one political party ignores



the regular slaughter of children



Don't call yourselves



"Pro-Life"


When one political party ignores

mental illness that regularly slaughters children

don't call yourselves

human

-------------------------
FRAUDFRAUDFRAUDFRAUDFRAUDFRAUDFRAUDFRAUDFRAUD
FRAUDCRAPDIGITALISAPATHOLOGICALLYINGFAILUREFRAUD
FRAUDFRAUDFRAUDFRAUDBIDENFRAUDFRAUDFRAUDFRAUD
FRAUDFRAUDFRAUDFRAUDWTFISAPUSSYFRAUDFRAUDFRAUD
FRAUDSANDIISASADLITTLEIDIOTTHATCANTREADFRAUDFRAUD
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146333 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .