Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Here's a question.
Topic Summary: If you get caught an employee lying on their job application,
Created On: 06/25/2022 03:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/25/2022 03:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Would you keep said employee?

Edited: 06/25/2022 at 03:42 PM by SlimyBritches
 06/25/2022 04:06 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Anything about academics, previous jobs and experience, financial status and dependencies, non-disclosure of conflicts of interest, drug/alcohol history/use, or anything on the SF86 and related documents - yes, that isn't even a question for a new person, they would be relieved.

If that person lied about banging their land lady or something like that, no...but most wouldn't put that on their resume. Unless it was someone really famous.

-------------------------
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 06/25/2022 at 04:08 PM by Bamboo
 06/25/2022 05:25 PM

SlimyBritches

Originally posted by: Bamboo

Anything about academics, previous jobs and experience, financial status and dependencies, non-disclosure of conflicts of interest, drug/alcohol history/use, or anything on the SF86 and related documents - yes, that isn't even a question for a new person, they would be relieved.

If that person lied about banging their land lady or something like that, no...but most wouldn't put that on their resume. Unless it was someone really famous.

I'm confused. Who's the land lady? It seems like we're the land lady, and we're not getting any rent out of these squatters.
 06/25/2022 05:53 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

If you're a Supreme Court justice, it's not lying, it's about keeping an open mind...to precedents you like and overruling the ones you don't like.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/25/2022 06:05 PM

Bamboo

The three justices certainly did have a change of heart after their hearings...

But at least we can be confident that Brett still like beer, preferably with Pj, Tobin, and Squee

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 06/25/2022 06:57 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Seriously, Depends on what the 'lie' was about, but there may be more...

Def keep an eye out in future

Credence counts, esp nowadays

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...

Edited: 06/25/2022 at 06:57 PM by surfsail

06/26/2022 03:37 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I seem to recall all the recent nominees calling Roe settled law in their confirmation hearings. Oh well. Now we know that the highest court is untrustworthy. Feel a bit nauseous doesn't it?

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 06/26/2022 04:24 AM

dingpatch

"Land Lady" is a man's equivalent to a woman's "Post Man".

Dora Hates You
 06/26/2022 06:28 AM

surfsail

The last 3's lies pale when compared to thomas - what a waste case..

uncle tom if there ever was one

This is just the most newsworthy test to date - many more to come

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...

Edited: 06/26/2022 at 06:28 AM by surfsail

06/26/2022 08:59 AM

SlimyBritches

It's not like they were asked a vague question. It was if they'd get rid of R vs W. They said definitely not. They need to resign.
 06/26/2022 09:10 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Lying under oath is grounds for impeachment.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/26/2022 09:26 AM

Bamboo

Misrepresentation?? Lying under oath??? Hypocrisy?????
Well yeah, but they were on a mission from God, like Jake and Elwood, so I don't think the look at it that way.
Another example of the Costanza Defense? It ain't a lie if you believe it, right?

Here is what they said during their hearings:
https://www.npr.org/2022/05/03...-confirmation-hearings

06/26/2022 09:37 AM

johnnyboy

They all lied. They all pretend that this isn't about lying about their respect for precedent upon precedent, it was about keeping an open mind. They were groomed for these positions, they were vetted and they were loyal. This was a long game that started decades ago when every legal challenge failed. The solution was to change the justices. Lifetime appointments. A super majority for decades to come. This was Mitch McConnels coup. He brags that his greatest achievement was preventing Merrick Garland from being seated. This was the dirtiest trick and it set the tone for all of the dirty tricks that became the standard operating procedure for the GOP.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/26/2022 10:11 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

The conclusion for me is that the Constitution and the notion of stable, democratic American institutions has failed.

Anything you can get away with is a-ok. If we're headed into hyper federalism, then the wealthy blue states need to do more to protect their citizens and their assets. It doesn't do for blue Americans to pay higher taxes while subsidizing poor low tax states that rely on handouts from wealthy states.

If the south wants to be a christofascist theocracy, let them do it on their own dime. Time to flip the script on these fuckers.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/26/2022 10:14 AM

dab

Joined Forum: 08/08/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

They all lied. They all pretend that this isn't about lying about their respect for precedent upon precedent, it was about keeping an open mind. They were groomed for these positions, they were vetted and they were loyal. This was a long game that started decades ago when every legal challenge failed. The solution was to change the justices. Lifetime appointments. A super majority for decades to come. This was Mitch McConnels coup. He brags that his greatest achievement was preventing Merrick Garland from being seated. This was the dirtiest trick and it set the tone for all of the dirty tricks that became the standard operating procedure for the GOP.

A very long game!

Francis August Schaeffer

and

Rousas John Rushdoony

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

06/26/2022 10:24 AM

Cole

The SCOTUS is one of, if not the, most hated institutions in the land.

I was right.
 06/26/2022 10:37 AM

Bamboo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

Totally agree with you on this one. The Turtle won this race and he had it planned for a long time.

(I don't read Ms. Mag but this came up on a quick search and it has the history about how Mitch and the GOP senate screwed Americans by manipulating the SCOTUS process)

https://msmagazine.com/2020/10...an-senators-hypocrisy/

06/26/2022 10:59 AM

dab

Joined Forum: 08/08/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

The conclusion for me is that the Constitution and the notion of stable, democratic American institutions has failed.

Anything you can get away with is a-ok. If we're headed into hyper federalism, then the wealthy blue states need to do more to protect their citizens and their assets. It doesn't do for blue Americans to pay higher taxes while subsidizing poor low tax states that rely on handouts from wealthy states.

If the south wants to be a christofascist theocracy, let them do it on their own dime. Time to flip the script on these fuckers.

The man behind the plan.

A Christian Manifesto

A perfect analysis of the book.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Edited: 06/26/2022 at 10:59 AM by dab
 06/26/2022 11:19 AM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Lawyer/liar
Liar/lawyer

Then there's widdle pawly pigblo.
Who lies about being a lawyuh.
But: he really IS napoleon though

It's a democratic hoax
 06/26/2022 12:28 PM

surfsail

AOC saying that scotus individuals lying to congress is an impeachable offence..

Agree 100% - but does anyone have the balls?

Can we 'clean house'? Joe gets to choose now...

Wishful fancy........... puff puff

Edited: 06/26/2022 at 12:30 PM by surfsail

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Here's a question.

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .