Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Now, a school can't fire someone for praying.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/27/2022 07:57 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/27/2022 07:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Given the hate progs have for normal people, I imagine the progs will go ballistic over this decision too. That, of course, is a good thing. We know that the Supreme Court decided this case correctly.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 06/27/2022 08:07 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I for one look forward to high school coaches being able to proclaim there is no god but Allah and Mohammed is his prophet while the team bows to Mecca.

EDIT: Oh and the Satanic Temple is going to have a field day with this.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".

Edited: 06/27/2022 at 08:18 AM by RustyTruck
 06/27/2022 08:23 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck I for one look forward to high school coaches being able to proclaim there is no god but Allah and Mohammed is his prophet while the team bows to Mecca.
I am sure that there are some Muslims who already do that. It is now their right to do so, without having to worry about being fired. This decision is good for all normal people, regardless of their religion.

06/27/2022 08:27 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."
 06/27/2022 08:29 AM

tpapablo

Oh and the Satanic Temple is going to have a field day with this.
Doubt many people who believe in scacrifices of children will be hired as coaches at high schools. But more power to them if they are. Don't see why they shouldn't be able to pray to the prog god to beseech him to let them to burn in agony for eternity. Think that is what most people wish for them.

06/27/2022 04:26 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Assume therefore that everyone is on board with prayers every day during the month of Ramadan - right..

No probs with that?? Cool...

Remember, that's exactly why the pilgrims came over here.. Practically the sole reason & basis for our country's existence..

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...

06/27/2022 05:46 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Yes or praying to Satan or worshipping an obese orange charlatan.
 06/27/2022 07:00 PM

follydude

Mr. Singh can now bust out a statue of Shiva.

Mr. Mohammed can display The Koran.

Right?

06/28/2022 06:40 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: follydude Mr. Singh can now bust out a statue of Shiva. Mr. Mohammed can display The Koran. Right?
That's right. Why do you wierdos have a problem with someone praying to their god? Jealous?

06/28/2022 06:53 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: follydude

Mr. Singh can now bust out a statue of Shiva.

Mr. Mohammed can display The Koran.

Right?

That's right. Why do you wierdos have a problem with someone praying to their god? Jealous?

I don't care one bit about someone praying. But someone who is in a leadership position over children should not be encouraging them to join his public religious activities. The last thing any high school kid wants is to be "different" or stand out. I guaranty when these things happen, there are kids who don't want to do that go along with it because they don't want to be harassed by teammates or disliked by the coach.

Oh and I suppose now everyone should be cool with Colin Kaepernick.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/28/2022 07:11 AM

tpapablo

But someone who is in a leadership position over children should not be encouraging them to join his public religious activities.
Sure they should. That's exactly what they should do. You guys have been working to create a bunch of immoral or amoral citizens. And you are seeing the results in the mass shootings, chaos in the cities, rising crime, and all the freaks coming out of the woodwork. Responsible leaders should encourage people to look into religion. It is better for the individual and for society.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .