Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Here's a recipe for you....
Topic Summary: Abortion, an ambitious prosecutor and bright future in politics.
Created On: 06/27/2022 02:36 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/27/2022 02:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Many of my so called Law and Order friends have a vague and generalized idea of how the sausage gets made in actual criminal cases. Their dull eyes don't know how prosecutors exercise their discretion and they don't need to as long as their neck isn't in the noose. But now that abortion is illegal, lets see what happens next. The first order of business will be to make all abortions illegal, all travel to places where abortion is legal will become illegal and anyone who aids and abets a woman getting an abortion will also be charged with a felony.

Mant politicians get their starts by being prosecutors. These prosecutors have a large amount of discretion and resources so they can choose which cases they try and which cases they drop and those choices are seldom revisited.

If a red state prosecutor wants to make a name for himself and distinguish himself as a future elected leader, he or she can vigorously prosecute abortion cases as being tough on crime and even tougher on criminals. This group is competitive and the herd has many bucks seeking to take on the dominant leader role, so many of them will pursue these charges competitively.

This has the very real possibility of creating a competition for who can get the most press and the most time for anyone they can get to take a plea or they can get a jury to convict. Either choice is fraught with peril.

In some states, the babies born that would have otherwise been aborted are beginning life in states where the healthcare, education and poverty levels are double digits. There will be no tax increases to address these current failures and the there will most certainly not be any new taxes to handle the new babies. Thats how you get primaried and lose.

The womens' jail will need some more room too. The taxpayer bill for each inmate is around $71 a day. That's a lot of new women for years. We must also take into account that once these prosecutors get into office and out of the prosecutor's office, they need to make good on the campaign promises to serve God and save Babies. That means banning abortion pills and day after pills. It means criminalizing interstate travel for the purpose of getting an abortion. It means writing carve outs for HIPPA to investigate miscarriages and it means a squad of officers looking for illegal operations, buses to other states and snitches looking to get paid for their contributions.

Is this what you want?

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/27/2022 03:16 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

In some states, the babies born that would have otherwise been aborted are beginning life in states where the healthcare, education and poverty levels are double digits. There will be no tax increases to address these current failures and the there will most certainly not be any new taxes to handle the new babies.
Interesting. There were about 600,000 abortions a year. Last year about 2 million illegals came over the border. Last I heard we are paying out the wazoo for the illegals' healthcare, education, housing, etc. I have heard no bitching from the prog side about that. Personally, I'd rather support innocent babies over foreign criminals. Not the prog way, however. They want to support foreign criminals and kill American babies. Pretty screwed up, no?

I :heart; Q
 06/27/2022 03:22 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

^^^what he said!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 06/27/2022 04:04 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

The ruby red states are the absolute worst when it comes to stats like infant mortality, etc and have little or no social backup post delivery - from start to end

Wonder how this 'experiment' will work?

What could go wrong? Short term? Long term?

Law of unintended consequences?

Flourishing civilized society? I think not.. Do you?

Decrease in Crime? Increase in Standard of living? Hmmm

Unless the end result you want to get cheap desperate labor that is - aka - effective slave labor..

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...

Edited: 06/27/2022 at 04:05 PM by surfsail

06/28/2022 06:17 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Not sure I agree 100% with his assertion regarding the Dems being helped, but his outline of what's to come in red states is worth considering.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 06/28/2022 06:21 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Originally posted by: tpapablo

In some states, the babies born that would have otherwise been aborted are beginning life in states where the healthcare, education and poverty levels are double digits. There will be no tax increases to address these current failures and the there will most certainly not be any new taxes to handle the new babies.

Interesting. There were about 600,000 abortions a year. Last year about 2 million illegals came over the border. Last I heard we are paying out the wazoo for the illegals' healthcare, education, housing, etc. I have heard no bitching from the prog side about that. Personally, I'd rather support innocent babies over foreign criminals. Not the prog way, however. They want to support foreign criminals and kill American babies. Pretty screwed up, no?

If it weren't for illegal, who'd do the work below white standards? No white guy are working in the fields picking crops?
 06/28/2022 07:23 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Who washed your dishes, picks your harvest, mows your lawns, and cleans your houses? Look into that.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/28/2022 07:28 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy Who washed your dishes, picks your harvest, mows your lawns, and cleans your houses? Look into that.
Looked into it. I do all of those things.

I :heart; Q
 06/28/2022 07:32 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

"No one wants to work"

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 06/28/2022 07:33 AM

Lunchmeat

Joined Forum: 08/02/2003

Mind boggling how dems scream for equality, fair wages, etc then tout the benifits of what amounts to slave labor and how we need it. You guys have already stated inflation is cool and doesn't affect you. What's a little more going to hurt in the name of equality?

If it’s legal will do it, if it’s not legal, we’ll figure out how to change the law-Joe Biden
Statistics
146497 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .