Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: California Leading the Way on Transitioning Transgender Children
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/04/2022 01:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/04/2022 01:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

California Leading the Way on Transitioning Transgender Children
By Jeff Charles | Jul 03, 2022 9:15 PM ET

The state of California seems absolutely determined to place itself at the forefront of everything horrible happening in America. A recent report showed that the Golden State is considering legislation that would make it easier to facilitate medical and surgical transitions for children who believe themselves to be transgender.

California's state legislature has proposed legislation that would help children who believe they are transgender subvert laws in other states banning medical and surgical procedures. The Washington Examiner reported:

A bill creating a safe haven against parents, insurance companies, and other state courts passed a California State Assembly committee Tuesday despite a barrage of testimony from parents and former trans children who wanted the lawmakers to reconsider. It is almost certain to pass the full legislature due to California's Democratic supermajority, becoming one of the first states to create such a safe haven.

A number of people testified against the idea of transitioning minor children. Emmaline, a Substack blogger who participated in a Washington Examiner looking at the dangers of medically transitioning teenagers, gave her statement in the hearing by phone.

"These are not my elected officials. They are taking away my rights in another state to protect my child and keep her body safe until she fully matures," she said in an interview. "This impacts my rights as a parent in New York should my child find her way to California through a friend, school trip, or family member. Now she has access to receiving gender-affirming care without my consent."

SB107 provides "a mechanism for doctors, insurance companies, and contractors to disregard subpoenas from other states pertaining to child custody or other court actions if the child is receiving transgender medical care. It also seals the records from outside view," according to the Examiner.

The text of the bill says:

"A law of another state that authorizes a state agency to remove a child from their parent or guardian based on the parent or guardian allowing their child to receive gender-affirming health care shall not be enforced or applied in a case pending in a court in this state."

A number of states, including Texas and Florida, have passed measures prohibiting medical professionals from performing medical and surgical procedures on minors who believe they are the opposite sex. The California bill would allow children who manage to make their way to the Golden State to receive these procedures without their parents' consent or knowledge.

"At age 15, I asked to remove my breasts. I was unknowingly, physically, cutting off my true self from my body. Irreversibly and painfully," Chloe Cole, 17, testified at the hearing and outlined her experience with these types of procedures. "I really didn't understand all the ramifications of any of the medical decisions I was making. I wasn't capable of understanding, and it was downplayed consistently."

Dozens of people spoke out at the hearing, with the majority saying they were former Democrats who opposed the bill.

State Sen. Scott Wiener, who wrote the bill, claims it will protect families and individuals "who flee to California" to receive "gender-affirming care." In a lengthy Twitter thread, he wrote:

We're announcing legislation to protect & grant refuge to trans kids & their parents who flee to CA from Texas, etc., in the event states try to separate these kids from their parents, criminalize the parents, or criminalize people coming to CA to receive gender-affirming care

3. States California's public policy that enforcing any out-of-state arrest warrant for someone based on violating another state's law against receiving gender-affirming care is the lowest law enforcement priority in California.

- Senator Scott Wiener (@Scott_Wiener) March 17, 2022

Later in the thread, Wiener pointed to the history of bigotry against members of the LGBTQ community and bragged that California's bill would protect these individuals.

"The history of the LGBTQ community is a history of criminalization: Society trying to erase us & then punishing us if we refuse to be erased, whether by death, incarceration, beatings, lobotomies/electric shock, etc.," he wrote. "CA won't be a party to this new phase of LGBTQ criminalization."

Critics of the bill contend that it is unconstitutional in its efforts to subvert the laws of other states.

"This bill would violate the full faith and credit clause of the U.S. Constitution, which provides that the various states must recognize legislative acts, public records, and judicial decisions of the other states within the United States," State Sen. Melissa Melendez argued. "The law will encourage other states to pick and choose which California subpoenas and custody orders they wish to enforce."

The Washington Examiner reported on a case in March in which a California teenager was removed from her mother, who did not approve of her daughter's desire to medically transition from female to male. The young girl was placed in foster care "to continue with a secret plan hatched by county social workers and a local school to undergo medical procedures." After starting hormone treatments, she committed suicide by stepping in front of a train.

"They killed my daughter," Abby Martinez said. "They had to pick pieces of her off of the track."

School districts in California, like other states, have imposed policies instructing teachers not to inform parents if their children express confusion about gender. Instead, they encourage them to transition by taking a "gender-affirming" approach. Several districts have been trained by lawyers on how to conceal this type of information from parents.

This bill will likely pass given that the state's government is dominated by far-left progressives. If this happens, it will become the first to help confused children circumvent laws designed to prevent them from making a permanent decision that could make their problems even worse. Other deep blue states will likely follow suit, and it could be another issue that makes it to the Supreme Court. This will be an issue for conservatives to follow as the hard left continues in its efforts to encourage young children to embrace transgender ideology inside and outside of public schools.

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 07/07/2022 05:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

BREVARD COUNTY!

HOW DARE YOU ASSHOLES!

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .