Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Woke Employee in 'Mourning' Over Roe v. Wade Is Promptly Fired for Refusing to Work
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/04/2022 01:48 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/04/2022 01:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Woke Employee in 'Mourning' Over Roe v. Wade Is Promptly Fired for Refusing to Work
By Mike Miller | Jul 04, 2022 2:45 PM ET

And so it continues. "It," being the histrionic meltdown on the left, which continues 10 days after the Supreme Court's overturn of Roe v. Wade. In this episode, a super-woke production coordinator in the music industry claims he was fired for "speaking up" about abortion rights after admitting he refused to work because he was in "mourning" over Roe. Hopefully, it was a "Don't let the door hit you..." swift kick.

Ah, but something tells me it was about more than Roe. Read on.

Michael Lopez, a production coordinator at Universal Music Enterprises, posted a lengthy note on LinkedIn last week in which he blasted the company as "anti-gay" for terminating a "queer brown person" during Pride Month for "speaking up in defense of abortion rights," as reported by the New York Post.

Last Friday, like countless other folks, I was devastated by the news of the supreme court's [sic] attack on abortion rights. Paired with the flood of anti-queer and anti-trans legislation, it's been hard to process how company's [sic] expect us to be productive while our rights are being stripped away.

Lopez explained that every Friday, "One of my tasks was to process reports for upcoming releases," and then to email the reports to 275 people. But instead of doing the usual process reports, noted the Post, he wrote an email that read: "I didn't do them today."

I'm in mourning due to the attack on people with uteruses in the US. Federally guaranteed access to abortion is gone.

Instead, it's Lopez who is gone.

If you're so inclined, here's his post. If not, skip it and read on, below - we'll hit the "high" points.

Incidentally, it should be noted that unlike the majority of his fellow brethren in mourning who were instantaneously able to define "women" in response to the Roe overturn - no word on how many of said brethren also instantaneously became biologists - Lopez commendably stuck with "people with uteruses."

Lopez included a mini manifesto, which he laughingly signed, "Yours in fury, Michael Lopez."

Vivendi and Universal Music Group must stop donating to anti-abortion, anti-queer and anti-trans politicians. Politicians like Marsha Blackburn, Ken Buck, Victoria Spartz, etc. Or expect more unproductive days. Yours in fury, Michael Lopez.

So, how'd that all work out?

As noted by the Post, Lopez said he received several supportive replies from co-workers - but was told by a manager to "take the rest of the day off." When he returned to work the following Monday, he said he was greeted with "a surprise Zoom video chat with HR," adding:

I was being let go for (paraphrasing) 'Not doing your job, disrupting the day of 275 people and poor judgement.' [sic]

Lopez then said he sent a "follow up" [sic] telling his fellow employees he had been fired:

Just got fired for this email from Friday, so they're letting you know where they stand on employees speaking out on politicians that support marginalization for folks like me.

A brown queer person terminated during Pride month speaking in support of abortion rights. Seems like that's exactly what America is all about right now.

Classic left-wing victimhood at its "finest."

The bottom line:

Earth to Michael Lopez: It makes zero difference that you are, as you describe yourself, a "brown queer person," any more than if you were a white heterosexual male, a green intersexual male, or a purple asexual "person with a uterus."

You were hired to work, Mr. Lopez. To do your job. You were not hired to protest anything on the job; much less refuse to work. As you proved to yourself, your employer didn't give a damn about your "victim card."

Moreover, the same logic would have applied if Roe had not been overturned, and a random conservative Christian decided to demonstrate his or her state of "mourning" by refusing to do his or her job.

Think of it as "inclusion," Mr. Lopez.

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 07/05/2022 06:18 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Ever hear anyone claim progs are smart?

I :heart; Q
 07/05/2022 06:52 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

That Boy is a classic Snowflake.

If the Shit was to ever really go down, , , , , , what would we be expected to do to make him happy ???!!!???

Dora Hates You
 07/05/2022 11:15 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: dingpatch That Boy is a classic Snowflake. If the Shit was to ever really go down, , , , , , what would we be expected to do to make him happy ???!!!???
For sure. I cannot fathom the mentality of these people. I certainly wouldn't hire someone like this. I might have to employ a new interview question: Short of receiving news of the Supreme Court denying your last minute stay of execution, is there any court decision that would prevent you from working?

I :heart; Q
 07/05/2022 11:30 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Y'all watching your stories? Damn the QOP "news" is garbage.
 07/05/2022 03:32 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I got it as a suggestion on Yahoo.

Dora Hates You
 07/05/2022 04:03 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

derrrrpppp....
Slow spamaganda "news" day in magatstan

It's a democratic hoax
 07/05/2022 05:18 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

...don't ya just love it when a lazy woke prog commie demoshit gets his/her ass fired!

YEP!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 07/05/2022 05:42 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

The type of techno-dweebs who made zuckenstuff and the nouveau chumpfscum riche' in the first place will have jobs....the following day
And p.c. , anti science, uneducated losers.....
aren't real good at computers or coding, are they?
duuuuhhhhh

It's a democratic hoax
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .