Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Before you send that donation to the Dems
Topic Summary: To fight for women's rights...
Created On: 07/06/2022 12:42 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/06/2022 12:42 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Emails show White House initially planned to nominate anti-abortion Republican to federal judgeship on the day Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade

(CNN)The White House informed Kentucky Democratic Gov. Andy Beshear's office in late June -- the day before the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade -- that President Joe Biden intended to nominate an anti-abortion Republican as a federal judge in Kentucky, according to emails obtained by CNN on Wednesday through an open records request.

In an email dated June 23, White House aide Kathleen Marshall, who works in its office of intergovernmental affairs, wrote to Coulter Minix in Beshear's office that Chad Meredith was "to be nominated tomorrow" to the US District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky. The subject line of the email read "Close hold," and the body of the correspondence included a summary of Meredith's resume.
Minix responded the same day, writing in part: "appreciate the heads up."

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 07/06/2022 12:55 PM

Lunchmeat

Joined Forum: 08/02/2003

Not surprising. Saw something they other day that was talking about how dems are running for office disguised as republicans. Not sure how that's possible as everybody's background is known at that point, but also not surprising.

If it’s legal will do it, if it’s not legal, we’ll figure out how to change the law-Joe Biden
 07/06/2022 04:33 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Bernie's the only one who got political $ from me ever - a whopping $25 - once.. Don't remember getting a bumper sticker - not sure I was supposed to get one..

Then again, I'm a skeptic, & unashamed cheapskate..

How bout you guys?. Donate to anyone ever before? Fess up now... Take silence as a resounding 'yes'..

Come to Jesus - Tell the truth and shame the devil...

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...

Edited: 07/06/2022 at 04:34 PM by surfsail

07/07/2022 05:11 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: surfsail Bernie's the only one who got political $ from me ever - a whopping $25 - once.. Don't remember getting a bumper sticker - not sure I was supposed to get one.. Then again, I'm a skeptic, & unashamed cheapskate.. How bout you guys?. Donate to anyone ever before? Fess up now... Take silence as a resounding 'yes'.. Come to Jesus - Tell the truth and shame the devil...
Not to dems. Never.

I :heart; Q
 07/07/2022 05:53 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: surfsail

Bernie's the only one who got political $ from me ever - a whopping $25 - once.. Don't remember getting a bumper sticker - not sure I was supposed to get one..

Then again, I'm a skeptic, & unashamed cheapskate..

How bout you guys?. Donate to anyone ever before? Fess up now... Take silence as a resounding 'yes'..

Come to Jesus - Tell the truth and shame the devil...

I've send some scratch to Bernie, AOC, and I think a little something to Anna Eskamani over in Orlando.

It just burns my ass that the Dem leadership want to come begging money when they play footsie with the forced birth crowd.

And now that the far right has rolled back women's rights, they seem to just be rolling over for it.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

07/07/2022 06:42 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Biden is old and old school. Hyper partisanship didn't exist when he was running the Senate show and cross party appointments weren't that rare. This is why Democrats struggle, the Right has no need for any other view point and they act accordingly; it\'s their way or no way at all. Personally, I like the old way better, but if you want to stay in today's game, you gotta skip on the rules.

I was right.
 07/07/2022 07:06 AM

RustyTruck

The Dems just aren't equal to the task at hand, which must be to stop the rapid slide down into authoritarianism. That requires leadership that's willing to kick balls and gouge eyes if necessary.

07/07/2022 07:43 AM

Greensleeves

You that opaque? It's the makings of a deal with the commie bitch McConnell.

The Dems stopped the slide to authoritarianism by sending Trump packing. Bernie bros like russki closet QOP.
 07/07/2022 08:28 AM

RustyTruck

I don't think they stopped a damn thing Green. I don't think they are capable of it.

I'd like to see a few Dems who will fight for women's rights are hard as the right wing bastards fight for flooding north america with guns.

07/07/2022 08:40 AM

Greensleeves

Qrump being booted, at least momentarily halted, one evil ignorant faction of authoritarianism. Have Dems underestimated the rise of ignorance and loss of civility in the QOP? Yes. Is the cause lost? No fucking way.

Edited: 07/07/2022 at 01:25 PM by Greensleeves
 07/07/2022 09:11 AM

surfrc

Joined Forum: 07/26/2003

I have never sent money to any politician. I think it should be illegal for any candidate to receive any donations from any person, company or entity. The candidate should not be allowed to use money of there own either. The government should pay each candidate the same small amount of money to run the campaign. I also think they should ban all lobbying.
 07/07/2022 09:27 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: surfrc

I have never sent money to any politician. I think it should be illegal for any candidate to receive any donations from any person, company or entity. The candidate should not be allowed to use money of there own either. The government should pay each candidate the same small amount of money to run the campaign. I also think they should ban all lobbying.

Yup, but you'll never see a politician from either party make it out of the gate with that platform. Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell both would break their legs.

Too many grifters on both sides. The whole damn thing is a racket.

07/07/2022 10:35 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck
Originally posted by: surfrc I have never sent money to any politician. I think it should be illegal for any candidate to receive any donations from any person, company or entity. The candidate should not be allowed to use money of there own either. The government should pay each candidate the same small amount of money to run the campaign. I also think they should ban all lobbying.
Yup, but you'll never see a politician from either party make it out of the gate with that platform. Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell both would break their legs. Too many grifters on both sides. The whole damn thing is a racket.
Not many. Same reason we won't have to worry about them simplifying the tax code.

I :heart; Q
 07/07/2022 11:21 AM

surfsail

gree RC. The brit model election funding seems more reasonable to me.. Also short and quick.. Gov't gives all candidates the same pittance to work with..

Not sure if/how the brits' control/address the 'lobbying' BS issue.

Seems to me that our representatives represent their donors, not us.

Really don't understand why that in the in age of computers etc, why they are really 'necessary' at all, maybe just as a formality like reading out BS, like 'electoral college' vote count - but that's another issue in and of itself. - Understand fully why they beat up like a desperate fish thrown into the boat if we look to change the system as such - bye bye 'power' - and opportunity for side $ and 'bennies' on the qt...

Hey tpap - sounds like you need to fess up and shame the devil.. fk - can't see your response...

Come to Jesus folks..

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...

Edited: 07/07/2022 at 11:22 AM by surfsail

07/07/2022 11:28 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

...when you figure out who Jesus actually is...get back with me.

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 07/07/2022 01:28 PM

Greensleeves

I've given money. Good needs it.

Y'all heard of Citizens United yes?

Conservative Justices think corporations are people. Strike that, better than people.
 07/07/2022 01:51 PM

surfrc

Originally posted by: surfsail

gree RC. The brit model election funding seems more reasonable to me.. Also short and quick.. Gov't gives all candidates the same pittance to work with..

Not sure if/how the brits' control/address the 'lobbying' BS issue.

Seems to me that our representatives represent their donors, not us.

Really don't understand why that in the in age of computers etc, why they are really 'necessary' at all, maybe just as a formality like reading out BS, like 'electoral college' vote count - but that's another issue in and of itself. -
Understand fully why they beat up like a desperate fish thrown into the boat if we look to change the system as such - bye bye 'power' - and opportunity for side $ and 'bennies' on the qt...

Hey tpap - sounds like you need to fess up and shame the devil..
fk - can't see your response...

Come to Jesus folks..

Yeah, if we could get rid of Biden as fast as they got rid of Johnson, that would be great.
 07/07/2022 04:03 PM

surfsail

Johnson resigned voluntarily. Was hoping for a similar event over here about 5 years ago.......

07/07/2022 04:09 PM

surfrc

He had no choice, he had to resign.
Boris Johnson was a winner, until he wasn't

07/07/2022 09:41 PM

Greensleeves

Married while getting his girlfriend pregnant and the British dopes still vote for him. He's scum like Qrump. Access Hollywood tapes anyone?
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .